TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The i'm building an Fm thread

The i'm building an Fm thread

Ok so im feeling greedy and want more FM's (more, more keep em coming) so i decided to start a thread for people to post on if they are in the middle of, almost completed or just begining an FM. For either gold or two. I just want to keep tabs on the little beauties so i can count the days and imagine the missions that are coming our way.

SO please please post and update us here.

Please

Something on the way.... posted some (very raw) pictures a little while ago. Most of the build is complete so estimate 6 months to go cos I'm very slow.

Gussie's Dream; Cryptic Cravings; The Folly of Youth: Part 1; Part 2: Into The Fire - Abandoned Due To It Being Pants

I'm about 95% finished with my next FM. I haven't thought of a name yet, but the unofficial name is Beaumaris Castle. It is currently being beta-tested. It should be released before September.

I'm working on a City and Museum FM. Here's my screenie post of the Museum... http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86406 (Pretty crap i know, but it'll do!) No new screenies of the City FM tho'. (They're even worse than the Museum)

I Cannot Read Instructions
    I want to make an FM once I've worked some more with Dromed. Not that I've started one yet, but hopefully I will soon. I'll post here when and if I start working on one.

Southquarter.com/fms
    I'm resurrecting the Olde Quarter from THC and RTC to it's prime, a few decades before TDP just before everything goes bad. Addding a bunch of new areas and just spiffiing things up in general. And there might be something about The Eye in there somewhere too...

Archivist
    Sounds very interesting Brother Renault.
    I always loved the Old Quarter in The Dark Project and it would be great to explore it again in a fan mission. I'm looking forward to it
    By the way, if you're working on a new version of the Haunted Cathedral, can we find the body of Brother Renault again?
    Last edited by The Phantom; 18th Aug 2004 at 09:09.

I'm at about 50% done with "Just Friends Part 2", but I keep changing my mind over and over about additional objectives and subplots. If I can just make up my mind, It'll be done relatively quickly....but that's a very big IF!!

The Imperium is also building...
    very slowly though... since the people are lazy... lazy bastards...
    especially me.

-Saintly Architect Alexius

I just finished blowing the dust out of the Pit of Dispair (DromEd). Still alot of cobwebs but I have 2 cases of beer and a freezer full of pizza...

I'd get on doing my 3rd [previous 2 unreleased because they suck eggs!] but I'm having trouble with TMA disc 2. Ooooohhh. Who will help me...

Quote Originally Posted by Alexius
    The Imperium is also building...
    very slowly though... since the people are lazy... lazy bastards...
    *signing in as a lazy bastard.*

How can ya be so lazy you can not even sit in a comfy chair in front of a PC....LOL... I had to say it.

I take a piece of clothed wood..put it across the arms of my recliner for the mouse and keyboard and kick back with my feet against a 32" TV and belive me, Thief still looks pretty good on a TV? Svideo. I thaught thats as lazy as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a
    I'm about 95% finished with my next FM. I haven't thought of a name yet, but the unofficial name is Beaumaris Castle. It is currently being beta-tested. It should be released before September.
    Heh! Great place. Have you been there? I'm gonna keep a good look out for that one. Any screenies?

I've never been to Wales, but I'd like to visit one day. There are a bunch of screenies on this
    thread.

After building this FM for over seven months, I feel like I've been living in Wales all of this time.

Working on two somewhat sporadically: Mages of Drom's Head (link in my sig) and Shadowed Mayfield (Editor's Guild log, spoilerish, screenshots of work in progress). MODH is a cross between a Mage mission, a Lovecraftian horror story and a spoof of Dromeding. SM is Garrett doing a job for a PI who is investigating a string of murders in a warehouse district of the City.

Oh, and *thwacks Sluggs*. They're not crap screenies ya taffer.
    Last edited by The Watcher; 19th Aug 2004 at 06:53.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    New DCE Act 1 screens I posted at TEG recently:

Bathroom
    Library
    Sitting area

Both Acts are coming along nicely. The library has already changed abit since I captured that shot.

Watcher, I been waiting for Mages for ages now... when you gonna release that thing?
    Death's Cold Embrace - Info and screenshots

I started a new mini-mission whilst Moth to a Flame was being tested, it should have been finished long since but TDS got in the way. It'll probably have to wait until I've finished that now. I also was two weeks into a seaside type mission which was looking rather nice but I lost it whilst installing TDS, {I had to get rid of a whole load of stuff to install it and inadvertently got rid of the thief installation that held it }. I may redo it. For the record it had a lighthouse at the end of a pier and the beginnings of a small town rising from the beach. There was going to be a mansion at the top.

Excelent news here for all us taffers!! I count 10 FM's on the horizon and one would be drom ed`er.

If and when i get my new PC im seriously thinking about starting drom as a hobby!

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros
    Watcher, I been waiting for Mages for ages now... when you gonna release that thing?
    What, you mean I need to let other people use it?

Seriously though, the only real estimate I can give is "when it's done" - my life can only be described as chaotic and hectic because no otherwise suitable adjectives exist so RL tends to get in the way often

The next installment in my series, "To Remove a Curse" is moving along, but slowly. Hoping for an early winter release.

The first mission was "Lorgan's Web", followed by "Lord Fishkill's Curse".
    Shadowspawn's Thief Pages
    Darkness is always faster than light. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds the dark waiting for it.

I'm working on a sequal to "Fletcher." Basic brush work is done so I guess it's about 25% complete. But I haven't touched it in over a month.

I guess I could work for The Imperium with my work ethic.
    Try my FM's. Search my nick at Cheap Missions. Mission in progress, "Opportunity Knocks."

I'm at about 80 % done with my 2nd fm "A Deadly Trial". However I haven't been working with dromed for about 2 weeks...too much work to do in RL

screenshot-thread in the editors' guild

release date....yes, you guessed it - WHEN ITS DONE

im making my first one, other than the tutorial. but ive got a problem. 2 of the rooms decided they dont like being textured, and then another joined them after it got the placeholder texture. they didnt even start with the default texture. i know they are real rooms since i can walk through them, but when i have texture pallette up and i click on the areas of my texturing desire, nothing happens, but everything else is fine.

EDIT: n'mind. it fixed itself

anyway, until i get my own computer back, it probably wont get done, as i have no idea how to implement half the shit i want to do, and this isnt a comfortable computer to spend much time on.
    Last edited by Karkianman; 19th Aug 2004 at 20:48.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspawn
    The next installment in my series, "To Remove a Curse" is moving along, but slowly. Hoping for an early winter release.
    Man, I can't wait...