TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 114 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415202530354045505560110 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Teh-Builder
    Erh... Okay, you got a nice team with some varied skills among the members...
    But where are the mappers?
    Currently we have Renzatic. Of course, since we just want to provide the basic tools for now, the need of mappers is not THAT urgent right now. As well we hope that, when we are finished with the basic tools, some of the DromEders will convert and thus we can recruit some good mappers for the campaign.

Are you volunteering?

Quote Originally Posted by sparhawk
    Are you volunteering?
    For the Doom engine, i'm not

I'll just stick with the unreal engine...

Moderator and Priest
    We've been interviewed!

http://fpscentral.ampednews.com/?gam...e=news&id=7896

Wow, I sound almost professional...

Seriously, looks fantastic. Kudos gents.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic
    You started a sentence with "lol".

We've been interviewed!

http://fpscentral.ampednews.com/?gam...e=news&id=7896

Interesting article - sounds like this mod really is going to be good! Do the sound guys have quality recording equipment (mics, preamps, sound cards that aren't made by Creative, etc)? It'd kinda suck to have 'home-movie'-like guard voices.

Fear not. The Character voices will sound great!

Previously Important
    Nice interview

Shame about the rampant misuse of apostrophes, but I suppose you don't need any sort of qualifications to be a web "journalist" (quality control 0)

Quote Originally Posted by New Horizon
    Fear not. The Character voices will sound great!
    I can'st not wait!

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Moral Fiber
    You started a sentence with "lol".
    I was gonna go with olol...but I have my standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Aja
    Do the sound guys have quality recording equipment (mics, preamps, sound cards that aren't made by Creative, etc)? It'd kinda suck to have 'home-movie'-like guard voices.
    Fear not. At least four of the sound people have somewhat professional home studios. Not to mention a lot of talent. I'm not positive, but as far as I know, none of us uses a Creative card.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbread Man
    Nice interview

Shame about the rampant misuse of apostrophes, but I suppose you don't need any sort of qualifications to be a web "journalist" (quality control 0)
    I wondered why he included that quote from pakmannen about Doom 3 sucks. It is out of context and looks rather bad IMO.

He also cut down my remarks on the water arrows and now it sounds like a rambling old man who can't keep focus.

Quote Originally Posted by pakmannen
    Fear not. At least four of the sound people have somewhat professional home studios. Not to mention a lot of talent. I'm not positive, but as far as I know, none of us uses a Creative card.
    I have a Creative.

But then again, I'm no soundengineer and have no recording euqipment either.

Moderator and Priest
    I think the worst mistake he made was forgetting to list Springheel as the art lead. He's been getting the short end when it comes to the team lists recently, and consider all he's done its really unfair.

I think the worst mistake he made was forgetting to list Springheel as the art lead. He's been getting the short end when it comes to the team lists recently, and consider all he's done its really unfair.
    Yeah. That's right. Springheel is one of the driving forces in the project and he should have received some mentioning. Also I thought he would get back to us before he posts the article. He only mentioned the ones that were currently online.

I think next time such an interview should be announced a few days in advance. *UHM* You Hobbits are always so hasty. *UHM*

Quote Originally Posted by sparhawk
    I wondered why he included that quote from pakmannen about Doom 3 sucks. It is out of context and looks rather bad IMO.
    But .. but it does! Man, it was the most booring piece of crap I've played in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by pakmannen
    But .. but it does! Man, it was the most booring piece of crap I've played in a long time.
    Oh! OK.

But you are right. I've been installing it when it was released (13. August). I played it until I reached the place where everything gets bad. After that only a few minutes (I was'nt even reaching the mars surface.). It didn't really grip me as the D1 and D2 had.

Yesterday I continued ot play it, but I noticed, that, when the initial awe of the graphics and atmoshpere subsides, it is not THAT interesting to play. Still I will play it through anyway. I have paid for it so I have to.

But currently I do most work on Dark Mod so I have not such a strong urge to play anything right now. This will change over time of course.

I was gonna go with olol...but I have my standards.
    GAH!!! Renzatic...be careful. Standards are not allowed...... I've been told they're offensive, best to lower them. For example, instead of eating healthy I now only eat canned Spam and bathe only once a week. To bathe any more might suggest that my standards for self hygiene were too high. Ah yes, I kid...I kid.

On the topic of Springheel not being mentioned. I felt it was odd that he was omitted. He is most certainly a great talent, motivator and organizer to all of us.

Get over with it already. You can have any personal theory regarding standards, high-lower whatever. Just because you are perfectly okay being counted in someone having "lower standards", why should *I* be?? Why it's proving THAT hard to understand? Stop making this generalized rule and quoting the same for humor at every opportunity if you can help it.

w00t!

Awesome, question one answered my only question (about whether it'll be specific to The Dark Mod's story, or if it'll be a platform for FM authors).

- chrish

Quote Originally Posted by chrish
    Awesome, question one answered my only question (about whether it'll be specific to The Dark Mod's story, or if it'll be a platform for FM authors).

- chrish
    You got it. Platform for FM authors all the way. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they come up with once it's finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Aditya
    Get over with it already. You can have any personal theory regarding standards, high-lower whatever. Just because you are perfectly okay being counted in someone having "lower standards", why should *I* be?? Why it's proving THAT hard to understand? Stop making this generalized rule and quoting the same for humor at every opportunity if you can help it.
    Listen, Aditya. I really don't have a huge problem with you...other than you make it really hard for anyone to have a civil conversation with you. In fact, most of the time, I really enjoyed our conversations...as harsh as they could be. They were mostly constructive or destructive criticism towards the minimalist project, so I didn't really care about that as it had nothing to do with me personally.

At any rate, just try to consider taking things a little more lightly and don't be so ready to pull the trigger on defensiveness. Perhaps you don't intend to come off that way, but most of the time you do. You appear to have a conscience and a moral backbone, so I don't think you're a bad person. I just can't talk to you because you get too upset over everything and that in turn is bad for me because I have to avoid energy like that, it feels chaotic. It's been a rough year for me and I've dealt with a lot of personal issues...so perhaps I'm not always behaving on my own personal best either. If, through some weird rip in the space time continum, you ever have the chance to have a conversation with yourself you might see just how much you provoke people. Not an insult, just something to think about. Anyway, have a good day.

Most impressive.

NH: Not to get too personal (feel free to say it is and ignore the question), but are you perchance employed in the social or psychological sciences? A seasoned parent? (Anyone watching the go-between with these two lately would probably agree.) Quite often (otherwise I wouldn't say anything, you nay-saying buttinskies out there... oh wait, nevermind, I'm one of those!) you express a very enlightened view of things, even admirable at times, with an almost always pleasant and calm demeanor. I guess I'm wondering "how you do it." I'm making a note of this response for my own personal goals, in fact.

How could I speak up and ask this at all? Heh, Humility is one of my goals.

Quote Originally Posted by SneaksieDave
    Most impressive.

NH: Not to get too personal (feel free to say it is and ignore the question), but are you perchance employed in the social or psychological sciences? A seasoned parent? (Anyone watching the go-between with these two lately would probably agree.) Quite often (otherwise I wouldn't say anything, you nay-saying buttinskies out there... oh wait, nevermind, I'm one of those!) you express a very enlightened view of things, even admirable at times, with an almost always pleasant and calm demeanor. I guess I'm wondering "how you do it." I'm making a note of this response for my own personal goals, in fact.

How could I speak up and ask this at all? Heh, Humility is one of my goals.
    Not too personal at all, but I won't answer here. Check your PM's.

"...and that in turn is bad for me because I have to avoid energy like that, it feels chaotic"

I would like to repeat same lines without offering the explanation how I donít get upset over "everything". Peace of mind is exact reason why I said not to refer the "Standards" argument anymore as we have recent not-so-good history with it. We clearly should stay clear of each other, as of now. Consider it as a request, if nothing else.
    Last edited by Aditya; 25th Oct 2004 at 14:40.

Moderator and Priest
    What I don't understand is how or why an argument arose in the first place.

Page 10 of 114 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415202530354045505560110 ... LastLast