TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 109 of 114 FirstFirst ... 9596469747984899499104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 2826

Thread: The Dark Mod

Yeah, because it's much easier to walk around with a big, laggy crate looking for somewhere that a guard is going to walk right underneath you so that you can time it perfectly and drop it on him.
    why do your target needs to be underneath ?

(notice that the chair does NOT knock out the guard in the video?)
    i never noticed it,sorry

Objects do need to fall from a height of more than one meter.
    sorry,but in video you actually dropped first crate from the height of one meter

sorry,but in video you actually dropped first crate from the height of one meter
    If you look at 0:37, you'll see that the player is noticeably higher than the AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Springheel View Post
    If you look at 0:37, you'll see that the player is noticeably higher than the AI.
    yes,but what about 0:06 ?

My point is that the player is standing on a stack of crates and packages, which means he is above the AI, and since the crate is at eye level (and the Thief is more than a meter tall) the crate is clearly more than a meter above the AI's head.

My point is that the player is standing on a stack of crates and packages, which means he is above the AI, and since the crate is at eye level (and the Thief is more than a meter tall) the crate is clearly more than a meter above the AI's head.
    whats the minimun height to knock out AI using a crate ?
    Last edited by Shadowhide; 12th May 2012 at 17:32.

It's calculated by mass*speed, not distance. Suffice to say that you won't be able to KO guards with a crate more easily than a blackjack.
    Last edited by Springheel; 12th May 2012 at 18:52.

It's calculated by mass*speed, not distance. Suffice to say that you won't be able to KO guards with a crate more easily than a blackjack.
    ok,you got me there
    maybe it's not a bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhide View Post
    ok,you got me there
    maybe it's not a bad thing
    or maybe you are just pretending being hamster.

It's calculated by mass*speed, not distance.
    I hope that's mass x speed squared [/pedantry]

Quote Originally Posted by swordbreaker View Post
    or maybe you are just pretending being hamster.
    i pretending being pony
    just sayin'

by the way,TDM going to be standalone ?
    some TDM missions is using D3 entities and sounds
    so some of the missions will be need an update after release of D3 free version of TDM ?

IF TDM goes standalone, then yes that's one issue to take care of.
    Probably depends on each mission on a case-by-case basis what's the best way to deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    In what way is it unintuitive? It is based on sound (and sometimes visual) cues, and in that respect, succeeds - it relies on player skill, which none of the Thief games really did.
    Oddly, something about the lockpicking creates a positive-feedback that I seem to have a upsetting sensitivity for. I don't think I will every be able to play it.
    Last edited by nickie; 8th Jun 2012 at 03:59.

A plea to the community:

Please visit the Steam forums and let folks reading the Thief release threads know about The Dark Mod. (My Steam account doesn't appear to work there? )

Thanks,

nbohr1more

Yes, but I was hoping since the game has now been released on Steam the new threads in the general forum would get some nods about TDM.

I think it's too late now unless one of straggler gaming blogs does a big Thief retrospective.

Oh well.

It's never going to get a lot of recognition at Steam I imagine.

First, you have to post in the thief series threads. But you have to purchase Doom3. Same old 'I don't want to play Doom3' (thief player) or 'I want run and gun not sneaking' (Doom player).

Either way it's been mentioned there for a long time.

And your steam forums account is not the same as your Steam account. Ones a game service, ones a games forum.

Surely there are people who are both fans of Thief and Doom? I played both of these games all the time before they were (TDM at least) made into a nice sandwich.

First-person games in general have always been my favorite, whether they be action or stealth based. Now, when are the TDM developers going to add chainsaws to mission load-out tools? (joking)

Seriously, I've tried spawning them while in TDM missions, but I couldn't pick them up... lol

I think part of the problem is that Doom ain't cheap - it's still a mid price game on steam - and that's arguably more than D3 is worth and probably more than people are willing to pay to give an [awesome] amateur effort like TDM a punt.

The sooner the Open Source release of the Doom 3 engine is in a fit state and the sooner TDM transfers across the better for everybody.

I vaguely remember reading about some Doom 3 re-release with HD graphics and stuff, like a week or two ago or so. Will the Dark Mod work with that also? I'm not planning to buy it at the moment or anything, but I might do that some time in the future, and perhaps someone else will find this information helpful...

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi View Post
    I vaguely remember reading about some Doom 3 re-release with HD graphics and stuff, like a week or two ago or so. Will the Dark Mod work with that also?
    doubtful,i'd say - no

Classical Master 2008
    I vaguely remember reading about some Doom 3 re-release with HD graphics and stuff, like a week or two ago or so. Will the Dark Mod work with that also? I'm not planning to buy it at the moment or anything, but I might do that some time in the future, and perhaps someone else will find this information helpful...
    What is curious is that the footage in the debut trailer doesn't look HD at all; the textures are low-res and blurry even at the highest settings. It pales in comparison with stuff like Sikkmod, and that's a fan-made addition.

It's hard to see what they've spruced up in D3 compared to the PC version - but it's clearly running at a higher resolution than D3 on the 1st generation Xbox.

What would be really nice is if the Carmack has made some funky new renderer code that isn't tied up with patents and if it got quietly slipped into the open source engine. A renderer that worked and didn't have a great big performance hit would be a fine thing.

As long as all of the original game materials are present in this version (high res or not), and given the fact that TDM will have its specific exe going forward, it *should* work with 1.08+. If it doesn't, it should be very easy to fix.

Time will tell...
    Last edited by lost_soul; 2nd Jun 2012 at 23:50.

Quote Originally Posted by lost_soul View Post
    As long as all of the original game materials are present in this version (high res or not), and given the fact that TDM will have its own exe going forward, it *should* work with 1.08+. If it doesn't, it should be very easy to fix.

Time will tell...
    stop joking,TDM show no signs of life even with quake4,which is closest version of d3 engine to vanila

That's because TDM was not designed to work with Quake 4. If TDM relies on textures/stone/wall01.tga and quake has textures/stone/highwall.tga, there will be problems. If on the other hand, textures/wall/stone.tga is just a higher res version of the original in the Doom 3 re-release, it should work with the custom engine.

Page 109 of 114 FirstFirst ... 9596469747984899499104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast