TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bafford's Last Stand updated 1st Sep 2005

Bafford's Last Stand

Very fun mission so far. But now I'm having the same problem that a few others have had. The game crashes as soon as I kill the Mech Priestess.
    I tried 5 times and it happened each time. Has anyone figured out what is causing this? I really would like to finish because it's been great up till now.
    TomN

TomN
    I'm not sure why this problem is occuring, except that early in design time my pc would crash when I had two mechanists in the chapel. When I deleted one, it stopped crashing. Did you try other methods to kill the mechanist priestess? If you still have a gas arrow you can KO her and then drop her into the oubliette.

TomN-
    How are you killing her exactly? I never ran into a single bug after playing it twice...I just run up to her and kill her with a sword...

Do what John said...use a gas arrow... then maybe drag her body into an entirely new area and THEN kill her with your sword.

baffords last stand

I've tried gassing her and throwing her down over and also gassing her and slashing her with the sword. I cant take her to a new area because the wall has closed. is there a way to open it back up?
    TomN

Sorry, but the only way to open the wall is to kill the priestess.

Alright, I've gotten everything else done except attaining the Burrick Cookbook. I know I've been
    spoiler:
    through the storage room, I've looted the treasure room!
    How could I have missed it? Better yet, why can't I get back in? It's the metal door, right? Did it lock on its own, and steal the key back?

MrMunkeepants

The door won't lock itself. One easy way to get the key back if you lost it is to go back to where you found it first, and frob and refrob the lever to reveal the key again. The Burrick Cook Book is somewhere between the storage room and the treasure room.

baffords Last Stand

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a
    Sorry, but the only way to open the wall is to kill the priestess.
    I assume the only way for the Cyrstal Chunk to appear is to kill the Preistess?
    And since the game crashes each time I kill Her, I never will get the Chunk.
    Oh well, Very fun game while it lasted!
    TomN

Where can I find...

Hey taffers,

Where is the stinkin'
    spoiler:
    armory?
    I've got a key and can't find it.

Also, what opens the
    spoiler:
    door with the skulls and swords?
    What is it?

Thanks!

In the kitchen downstairs, the one with the spiral staircase...

spoiler:
    ...there's a frobable canister on a top shelf acting as a switch. I don't think I found what this switch opens. Have I opened something in this dark room or elsewhere? I can't hear anything sliding.
    Last edited by The inscrutable po; 25th Nov 2004 at 15:27.

I think that
    spoiler:
    moves a pot nearby and underneath it, you'll find a key.

Okay, I've finished up now. Great mission, John. Good secrets, lots of guards to toy with, lovely architecture.

spoiler:
    I liked the the ghost. Is that a first for that kind of traveling light ghost in Thief? I couldn't remember any others.

I had some trouble with the hand objective. (excessive detail for getting the hand follows)

spoiler:
    I went into the Obliette, but I didn't frob that ribcage. Once I did though I was totally taken by surprise when the statue closed in siliently behind me. Just by luck I happened to shoot him with the water arrow. I was just going to shoot him with every weapon I had, but that was the first thing I tried and he melted away. Was there a clue in a scroll somewhere that hinted a water arrow might work?

criacme

I replied to your PM about your questions. Anyway the
    spoiler:
    Armory is in the same tower that the key to it is found. The doors with the skulls and swords leads to the chapel. The key can be found in the burrick pen where the two large spiders are located.

The inscrutable po

I don't remember seeing the ghost in any other FM.

spoiler:
    About the statue and water arrow, well that was an error on my part. It is supposed to work that way, but I didn't let the player know to do that. Also that statue is the only one that can be dissolved with a water arrow.

Torture Room?

I read through the posts and I still can't find that torture chamber where the window opens - the one that the guard refers to with the strange picture.

I'm playing on expert.

Possible spoiler:

spoiler:
    Is he referring to the rooms with the racks in them that are on the second floor above the jail cells?

Thanks!!!

Dimera

Dimera

Yes that is the correct area. The painting is on one side and the switch is on the other.

spoiler:
    How the heck do you frob that switch under Bafford's bed? I can't get to it.

This has been my favorite FM that I have ever played so far. Really am enjoying it.

Lady Zunie

Thank you.

If you can see the switch
    spoiler:
    under the bed, get into the hole and then squat to reach it. I tried to make the hole so that it wasn't visible with the bed over it.

Welcome to the world of Thief & Thief FM's.

Lady Zunie

Thank you.

If you can see the switch
    spoiler:
    under the bed, get into the hole and then squat to reach it. I tried to make the hole so that it wasn't visible with the bed over it.

Welcome to the world of Thief & Thief FM's.
    Thank you.
    spoiler:
    I meant how to get the bed out of the way
    , but I figured it out.

I just tried to look at this FM through DromED and MAN... How do you guys do it? I could only read the very beginning, but SO many lines!

EDITED: I forgot about the solid + selection deal. Oi... I am learning.

I just finished the mission! YAY!

The scariest part for me was when:

spoiler:
    I was in the treasure room and I opened that last chest and suddenly the floor was lowering!

and...

spoiler:
    When I got the hand of the heart and I turned around to find that statue! Jebus!
    Last edited by Lady Zunie; 12th Jan 2005 at 12:13.

From a designer point of view it's hard to be scared when I know what to expect. Although jumping down into the oubliette made my heart race.

From a designer point of view it's hard to be scared when I know what to expect. Although jumping down into the oubliette made my heart race.
    I bet. My husband and I both enjoyed the FM. Thank you very much for making it. ^_^

Where is the recipe book? People are saying:
    spoiler:
    frobbable canister on shelf in kitchen reveals a key

but there is nothing frobbable there except
    spoiler:
    the cabinet door under the table in the middle of the room.

Am I missing something? I'm playing on 'expert'.

CasperTFG

If you are facing the cabinet in the middle of the kitchen, turn 180 degrees and look at the top shelf. One of the canisters is frobable. The key will be revealed below.

Thanks to Krenim there is an Italian version included with the English version.

Here is the link again: Bafford's Last Stand

I'd like to congratulate John 9818 author of Bafford's last stand. I played it a few months ago and found it very good indeed. I especially loved
    spoiler:
    the transformation of the young imprisoned girl into the nasty priestess , the vertigo you get when you climb down into the prison and the luminous blue ghost
    . You have a lot of imagination John 9818 and it is unfortunately very rare to see in fan missions what you did in Bafford's. Let me say , to conclude, that some authors have much more imagination than others

Beaumaris Castle

Hi John. I've been trying to download your new fm for two days now, but my download at Thiefmissions.com just keeps looping (am using "GetRight" to download), claiming the server is busy. Is there another site where I can download this fm? Much obliged!