TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Mission Updated: A Debt Repaid 4.0, last update 1/16/2007

Vertical Contest Winner 2009

Fan Mission Updated: A Debt Repaid 4.0, last update 1/16/2007

Now updated to version 4.0 with completely new textures and objects. Its a totally new experience.

A few years ago Garrett broke me out of Cragscleft Prison, a couple years after that he helped me break Jenivere out of a rich noble's manor. Tonight Garrett is the one in need of a rescue. A job he was on didn't go to well and now the City Watch has him locked up. An average housebreaker would get a long stay in their dungeons for this, if they figure out that this is Garrett they'll execute him for sure. I've been here once before, but only saw the Holding Cells, so I'm not sure where the dungeon entrance in located. I got a map of the City Watch Station from a contact of mine who works in the City planning office, but the dungeon isn't shown on it either. I hope Jenivere will understand if I don't make it out, but Garrett needs my help. Breaking into a City Watch station is not my idea of a good time, but I owe Garrett big time.

This mission is set sometime between the events of Thief 2: The Metal Age and Thief: Deadly Shadows. The Mechanist order is gone, many of the Mechanist's have returned to the Hammerite Order or fled. The Mechanist technology is in disrepair without the aid of the brothers. Spare parts for Mechanist machines are bringing a nice price in Black Alley.

some screenshots, before then after the retexturing

Last edited by Ottoj55; 24th Jan 2007 at 11:01.

Another new one

That's great, I can wait.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    'Bout time, you taffer.

I look forward to playing it!

Archivist
    Great screenshots. Looking forward to it

Downloading, at last!

Fm's are coming out of the walls! Shoot 'em Jim!

@Sluggs

My God...Was my first post here ACTUALLY "Please Don't Die FM's"????
    looks like my dream of 1001 FM's is going to be a reality....Quite soon by the looks of things!

THANK YOU OTTO!!!!!

Downloading now. Will play it tomorrow. Great thanks!!

OK how do i get into
    spoiler:
    the secure vault,
    the chiefs room,
    the records room,
    use the lab machine,
    turn off the watcher...

never mind. i checked out the authors site...

Fan missions galore . Thanks to all the authors , it's good to be playing Thief again .

top notch, Jason!

I am really anjoying playing this one

bob:

there's a couple of scrolls that instruct you on what to do, then you have to find a couple secrets to be able to execute those.

chiefs key

spoiler:
    the North end of the patrol offices, shoot a rope arrow in the ceiling and look for a switch

watcher:
    spoiler:
    there's a scroll explaining that you need to cut the wires in a certain order, to get to those wires, check the evidence room (there are two switches here)

as for the lab machine, follow the dr's instructions.
    spoiler:
    you need to turn the machine on first, to do that, look for a picture thats blacked out by the rear lobby (has a set of single stairs leading to top floor.) look for a switch under these stairs

as to get to different areas, try finding
    spoiler:
    secret passages

and try to get into the holding cells,
    spoiler:
    youll find something useful there, take the east elavator

Otto i have a question for you, what's the proper procedure for the gas chamber?
    should i input the numeral code b4 turning it off or what? here's what i do.
    here's the order i throw the switches (in their respective positions):

spoiler:
    4 3 5
    2 6 1 the i push the button under these and enter the code to open the gas chamber but it isn't safe

spoiler:
    yes, thats the correct order, then go to the other end of the tank and the on/off switch is activated, now the gas is off when you flip the switch. the door code can be entered and then you can grab garrett. you can open the door first, the gas doesn't come out or anything, although i could have made it do so, its fun if you have a couple of invisibility potions to quickly open the door and launch a noisemaker in there, watch hapless guards go off to thier doom.

EDIT: in version 2 the gas chamber is deadlier, the gas has a larger radius and can kill you a fair way into the room

spoiler:
    my lever system allows mistakes, so if you screw up back track to where you screwed up and then procede in the correct order

spoiler:
    also the chief's office key isn't need, but it makes things a bit easier. the office is accesible via a passage, and yes, you must absolutely visit the holding cells to finish this mission.
    Last edited by Ottoj55; 29th Sep 2004 at 02:54.

ottooj55

I just finished this one and wow what a great mission. Two big thumbs up from me. It is both beautiful to look and and a great challange.

Thanks again

M

wow, so many FMs in one week, that just HAS to be a conspiracy.

Except this conspiracy is good for everybody.

hehe you dont need to
    spoiler:
    turn off the gas to save dear old garret
    i found that if you sneak up you can complete the objective

Ghost

Stumped...

I've found the Chief's key, hence the Records key, and I found the secret passage from the Chief's office to the Robbery division downstairs.

But I haven't found the third lockpick, so I can't seem to get into any other rooms. I'll go back to the Records office to look for another secret passage, but other than that, I just have no clue what to do.

Any suggestions, anyone?

Thanks,

Dafydd

spoiler:
    Lockpick is in the empty jail cell next to the drunk. look on the window sill...

mind you i had the same problem too and spent about an hour playing before i finally found it

Ghost
    Thanks, Bob... but I have no idea where the jail cell is! If you mean the holding cells, I can't even get over to that side of the map: the only way I've found is to cross the courtyard outside the stairway with the picture that opens to turn on the lab equipment, and that's too well guarded (I get caught).

There must be some secret passage to get past the various locked doors and over to the east side of the map... but where?

No secret passage inside Records; just a hidden compartment. At least not that I've found.

Thanks,

Dafydd

i think you need to use the elevators to get there

that is go up one floor, move to other elevator, go down etc

but then again i went on a rampage and killed everyone

did anyone notice that a few of the AI could not be knocked out or even stabbed to death while unaware of your presence???

9 of 12 secrets damn my eyes

i heard tell of a secret in
    spoiler:
    the records room

could someone give me a hint where the switch is?

GREAT mission, Otto! it had a tad feel of Resident Evil 2 (only without the zombies)

EDIT: changed the room name in spoiler
    Last edited by ShadowWolf421; 9th Sep 2004 at 00:33. Reason: had the wrong room name in spoiler

I'm not sure this is new but I don't recall beeing able to do this in any other T2 FM:
    spoiler:
    You can kill AI by throwing crates at them and they don't even get alerted

it makes no sense that ai shouldn't be injured by crates, they are also injured by errant moss and water arrows. the not going on alert is a but having to do with the alertcapzero metaproperty preventing them from reacting to player, to fix the bug the effect is ruined.

the holding cells

spoiler:
    you can get there a variety of ways, there are tunnels under the basement that you can use, you can work your way around the courtyards and up to the catwalks near the gallows, into the locker room and down through the training room, or use a secret passage to the locker room. i've done it everyway. no matter what the mission is not possible if you skip the holding cells.

@bob_doe_nz

spoiler:
    the ai react this way because of a technical aspect of the mission, they are set to ignore the player unless they are threatened, as a result they do not go into first alert behavior, but if they see you they are made aware by the engine and stopped from responding, its a loop they can't easily escape in a way, thus you can not pick pockets, etc. it is possible with care to avoid being seen by every ai set this way if you choose to do so.

also, the thing about the gas chamber as you've noticed is that you can grab garrett without deactivating the gas. this won't always work. garrett is alive at missions beginning and has some time to move in the room before dying of the gas, he falls a different way each time i've played it and its not always possible to grab him before the gas kills you.
    Last edited by Ottoj55; 9th Sep 2004 at 00:45.

Ghost
    ShadowWolf, next to the west door in the Records room is a bookshelf that isn't quite touching the wall; behind the shelf is a switch.

Dafydd

Ghost

Sigh

All right, I finally found a thiefly way into the eastern part of the map:

spoiler:
    Ride the middle elevator down to the basement; get off, then send the elevator up one floor. Hop down into the bottom of the elevator shaft; there is a switch in there which opens a passage to the east elevator (and the other part of the basement). From the east elevator, you can access the rest of the map.

I did find the secret passage from the locker room to the basement -- the side where you come up from the sewers -- but I can only find the switch to open it in that direction... not the switch at the other end, in the original basement. So once you get into the east, you can get back to the other side; but I can't figure out how to go the other way.

Dafydd

spoiler:
    Behind the grille, lean around and look to the right

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast