TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you played this FM, Shadows of the Past? (T2)

Have you played this FM, Shadows of the Past? (T2)

I found this site just 5 mins ago and i've never seen it before. http://www.thief-union.de/index2.htm There's an FM to download there. I just took a look at it and i've never played it before. I did a search for it at Thiefmissions.com but i couldn't find it.

Is this new to you lot or is it just a case of me living under a rock, again?
    Last edited by sluggs; 23rd Sep 2004 at 04:40.

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    aren't the underside of rocks the natural habitat for the slug? new one by me, downloaded the trailer, its a hammerite mission by the looks of it, i'll have to give it a go sometime.

Yup, it's a Hammerite mission. I'm playing it now.

aren't the underside of rocks the natural habitat for the slug?
    Naw...they are usually found in my cats food bowl on my front porch on summer nights. HONEY....GET THE SALT!!!!

Heeeeello!! The trailer is great. Off to play it now

I checked out the trailer, it isn't for the one that's available for download. It's probably for the next one.

@ SlyFoxx, your Cat doesn't eat them does it? Eww!

Good stuff Sluggs , you're a real stealthy taffer .

fyi Kamon seems to have a larger project going. The mission is part 1 of his series and the trailer refers to the whole project - looks great up to now.

Just started and already stuck.

spoiler:
    got my BJ, sword, moss & water arrows but can't find a way out of the cell block. Anyone got a couple of lockpicks?
    Any clue would be much appreciated

I forget where the key is.
    spoiler:
    Hang on, check the rooms, i think i remember it being on a ledge around the walls. The key to one of the locked rooms is on the Hammerite's Belt.

I didn't find my weapons until i had nearly finished the mission. I spent most of the mission being chased around by the Hammerites! I did manage to kill a few with the elevator!

Quote Originally Posted by bdkl
    Good stuff Sluggs , you're a real stealthy taffer .
    I sneaked in there, stole the FM and ran away with it, into the shadows!

*Wonders how many more are out there, waiting to be discovered?*
    Last edited by sluggs; 22nd Sep 2004 at 21:52.

Never heard of this one. Is this for T2 or T1?

is there an english version of this?

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs
    *Wonders how many more are out there, waiting to be discovered?*
    I was wondering that myself and found a few I dont recognize (because there in German ) There might be a "new" one here but I doubt it
    http://www.thief-dp.de/php/fm.php
    whats "Journey Teil" translated or what about the one simply called "Time" "Thiefs Square"

errrr, I got the trailer, I got the mission. too bad the only German I know is nein sprekken ze Deutch (( ??? nein spellin eitherin ??? ))

oh yeah: Du. Du haust. Du haust mesh.... du haust MESH... (Jabber stops befor he makes a complete ass of himself)

well...thank you sluggs!! i have played through and am way short on loot! anybody happen to have a loot list? (in english?)

Vlad Midnight:

Teil means Part. So this seems to be a two part mission. The other 2 missions
    are new to me, too. (I´m only lurking this forums and Jason´s site for news about missions , so i´ve missed them ´til now.)
    Thanks a lot for this infos, sluggs and Vlad. DL´ing now. Wheee...

OK. Checked it. Journey1+2 actually is "Escape from Guilesatpeak + Tuttocomb´s Tomb". Time is "More Time to foil Karras". And Thieves Quarter also is an old one, i overlooked in enthusiasm. Hmm. i should visit a doctor.
    There are serious signs of addiction...
    Last edited by UliB; 23rd Sep 2004 at 05:46.

shadows its for T2

@ nil8hate: Isent you a pm with the lootlist

How do you guys play these foreign FM's not knowing whats going on??? Does this have an english translation? Whats the plot involve?
    Last edited by jonas007; 23rd Sep 2004 at 12:36.

I'm pretty much through this one , but can't seem to find a way out ( good point on the translation bit , however us thieving taffers can't wait ) . My compliments to the author on the very well done cathedral section , and especially the trailer . The sound track was beautifully matched to the trailer .

All right all right all right

Where the heck is my blackjack?

Nevermind. Just another blind as a bat taffer here.

Hi, how you can see, I'm Kamon. I'm from Germany and (because I'm so lazy in school) my Englisch is not very good. However, I try to answer some of your questions because at the moment, I'm very proud, that my little FM has found their way to the TTLG-Forum...
    I started with this project some month ago and in February this year, my first FM was ready to download. I first imagined two missions, called "A Thief's Story". But some time ago, I decided to make some more FMs and publish them as a whole "package". I gave this package the name "Shadows of the Past" because it will be a really exciting story. I published the trailer some days before sluggs found my page. At the moment I think of 5 or six missions, connected to each other with little movies in the quality of the trailer. I don't now a release-date, but I hope that I will finish this project in spring 2005.
    At the moment, it's only this one FM, in German called "Gesprengte Ketten", the german translation of the movie "The Great Escape"... I thought, this would be a funny name for a prison-mission. I try to translate my homepage in the next two month, so you can understand it, too.

If some of you have questions: I'm now a member of ttlg.com and I try to follow this thread. And you can write me an Email, too.

Oh, and I forgot to thank you for the praise.
    And a little help: The Blackjack is in a room inside the prison. You have to go into the room with the name "Büro des Hauptmanns". Under the table, there ist a little switch. It opens a room in the same floor with all the weapons.

Keys

Anyone know what to do after you get the red key from the Hammer in the Library?

Thanxs,

Hope Vincent

spoiler:
    I think that's the one for the door in the area with the arches, with the stairs, the room you enter from the cells.

Thanxs Sluggs

I had forgotten about that door.

Hope Vincent

Du. Du haust. Du haust mesh.... du haust MESH
    Lol, is that Rammschtein?

Also, the music in the trailer sounds awfully close to the music in another game called Dungeon Seige. The maker of this FM must be a fan of that game, it sounds really close.

And again, is there an English translation or one coming?