TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Are there still builders?

Are there still builders?

I've been working on other "projects"... I haven't been here in a while and I was wondering if people still built. I'm still building too. I'm still working on RoO...

(If you are bored check out this site: www.wurmonline.com )

What a silly question! Of course were building, still!

I'm working on two missions, nothing compared to the amount that you're working on, ye mad taffer! I'm also making new objects for them, (As if nobody knows that!)

Desperately dodgy geezer
    At the rate I work, it will be 3 more years before I finish just the missions I currently have in the works.

CLICKY

Plus, I'm on a team trying to complete AsyluM's last mission.

Quote Originally Posted by YcatX
    Are there still builders?
    Is the Pope a Catholic? Do bears live in the woods?

I am still a novice.
    I did do one mission for Komagís contest 5, but that didnít count (it was just a bunch of ideas I was experimenting with thrown together).
    I am working on some ideas for my real first mission that need to be worked out first.
    But I got hooked on it and I will not give up.

Oh, yeah ! There are still builders

So far I'm on the team working on Asylums's beta , working on a sequel to Firefly, still have to finish up White City , and have one of Slugg's missions to work on as well ... And I had a really cool idea for another fm last night

I need more time ...

I Cannot Read Instructions
    I'm still procrastinating (playing FMs, actually), but maybe once I've beaten a few more FMs.

I've given up DromEd, sadly, but there are still tons of people here making awesome fms! Just check out zaccharius's screenshots!

I am pretending to build a mission, but it is in danger of being burried deep inside the Alarus Extention.
    Last edited by Jabberwocky; 3rd Oct 2004 at 03:56.
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

I've been meaning to learn how to use DromED, because I'd love to make a FM. I tried it once but I guess it was too daunting 'cause I gave up and haven't touched it since but now I'm feeling that maybe I should try again.

But I dunno, I have no problems with Quake editors or UnrealEd, but DromeED... well it's a whole other beast.

I am going to do atleast one fm. After that, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Wired
    I've been meaning to learn how to use DromED, because I'd love to make a FM. I tried it once but I guess it was too daunting 'cause I gave up and haven't touched it since but now I'm feeling that maybe I should try again.

But I dunno, I have no problems with Quake editors or UnrealEd, but DromeED... well it's a whole other beast.

You might try the tutorial I wrote, it walks you through the whole process step by step to make it easy
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

Quote Originally Posted by Komag
    You might try the tutorial I wrote, it walks you through the whole process step by step to make it easy
    Ooh, thanks I will

EDIT: I 'm having a problem, when I press ALT+G to test the level in game the screen goes to black and for a second I can hear the ambient sound that play in the T2 menu then it goes quiet and everything seems to freeze. Nothing happens when I press ALT+E.

EDIT2: Also, I can see no difference when I select light_bright (it doesn't matter if its on or off, it's never completely dark).

EDIT3: Creating new topic as I imagine more people will read it... maybe.
    Last edited by Wired; 3rd Oct 2004 at 10:45.

Sneaky1Kenobi
    I am STILL working on the one and only mission I have ever built. It has been months and months since I did anything with DromEd, but the building urge came on me recently. I am still having a terrific time playing Thievery UT, and that takes up lots of my free time these days.

ThieveryUT

I build, therefore I... swear repeatedly at Dromed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    I am pretending to build a mission, but it is in danger of being burried deep inside the Alarus Extention.
    Wasn't that Datoy's project? BTW: I have another two missions completed, but I'm sitting on them until I can finish the next grouping...

The AVIs and voice actors what taking the longest.
    Last edited by YcatX; 4th Oct 2004 at 14:32.

Heck, man. Even I, a completely incompetent DromEdder am still plugging away. My first mission is so screwed up it may never see the light of day unless I send it to someone who actually knows what they are doing to fix. And yet I still fire it up and try to figure out what went so horribly horribly wrong.

And just in case it is unfixable, I am still trying to come up with ideas for other missions. One idea is a sewer/underground rescue mission inspired by the Seattle underground, and possibly featuring pagans, the undead, thief/smuggler cartels, and creatures of the dark. That one is the most promising, but may be a little to big for me to build at present.

So I am thinking of doing a mini-mission of some kind as a debut. The number one candidate for this at the moment is a huge house I have dreamed about a few times which is almost literally honeycombed with secret passages and hidden rooms. Most certainly a horror-type mission, since most of those dreams were a bit on the scary/unsettling side.

And let me assure you, I WILL release a mission one day. Oh, yes. I WILL. It may be the most basic and pathetic piece of garbage ever to defile the holiness of cheapthiefmissions, but it will be playable and everything will work.

Oneiroscope- It's dedication like yours that makes me proud to even be a part of this thing in the first place.

I'm still around ....
    Still have my giant TGFM & T2FM to make
    Been bissy (?)....

I'm a n00b that is desperately trying to build my first FM

I'm building. There's always going to builders.
    Its pretty much like an endless cycle. Some quit, some begin.

The Imperium's building mission 1-5 nicely. Someday we'll be finished, yay...

-Saintly Architect Alexius

Ha! He asks if we're still building? As if we'd stop!
    Stoked with fuel,
    We do the Builder's work.

I'm building. Just learned about custom game sys. I'm working on the next installment of my series...the sequel to "Fletcher's Final Mistake." Right now the working title is "Unfinished Business."
    Try my FM's. Search my nick at Cheap Missions. Mission in progress, "Opportunity Knocks."

Quote Originally Posted by Alexius
    The Imperium's building mission 1-5 nicely. Someday we'll be finished, yay...

-Saintly Architect Alexius

Hope to join you soon ...
    It's hopless without cable at home, (miss it alot)