TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ack! There's a zombie in the basement (17/10/04)

Ack! There's a zombie in the basement (17/10/04)

Title: "Ack! There's a zombie in the basement"
    Version: 1.0
    Game: Thief 2
    By: Polygon

Download here:
    ack_v10.zip direct from my homepage
    ack_v10.zip from cheap thief missions

Screenshots and readme:
    Ack homepage

I hope you will all enjoy this mission. The mission should be up on the usual archives soon as well. For now you can grab it directly from my homepage.

-Polygon-
    Last edited by Polygon; 19th Oct 2004 at 03:38.

\o/

Thanks! Downloading now!

What a stunning little FM! Your design work is amazing!

Love the boxers

I very much look forward to your FM in progress - with your eye for design, it'll be a wonderful place to spend a good long time in.

Thanks for the eye candy!

Cheers!
    -M

Finished already! Since it was so short on "Normal", i was forced to play on "Expert" I was 50 short on loot.

Nice little mission with fancy Architecture. It would have been nice having a little garden to wander around in, 'twas a little too short for me!

Some items didn't have object names. Other than that, everything's fine. I can excuse the Zombie thing. You get the "Objective Complete" notice when you take out the zombie with your sword but he's not really dead!

Oh, that Guard... He must have took a whole bottle of sleeping pills! Nothing would wake him! I was fighting off the others right in front of him!

Thanx for the mission. Now go and extend it.
    Last edited by sluggs; 17th Oct 2004 at 03:59.

Thanks Polygon , I just got finished. Nice and homey.

Good to see people enjoy the mission. The mission is now available at the cheap missions site here.

Very good quickie...it leaves me only wanting more!!

loved the attention to detail...i am not normally an attention kind of gal...but the fact that you find a guy with his pants off, knock him out, then lift him and he still has his pants off...now that is detail!!!!

MORE!!!!

That was a fun quicky. I ghosted it even, something I rarely do when playing a mission for the first time. The morning atmosphere with the red sky is very well captured.

Now... when do we get to play more?

Lovely little mission! All the detail is fantastic and I very much enjoyed it. Thanks, Polygon!

Yay!!

Not to be picky, but something is missing. I don't want anyone here to get in trouble.

This level was not made and is not supported by Looking Glass Studios or Eidos
    Interactive.

Oops. Just shows you never should rush writing the readme.

The details were very well done. It was fun, and was especially entertaining to watch
    spoiler:
    the guards battle the zombie for me.

I Cannot Read Instructions
    I want to finish part 1 of Calendra's Legacy first, but I'll download this and play it afterwards.

I just finished it. It's very pretty to look at, and I liked the attention to detail. (Such as the night-light ) The guards are fun to sneak past, and what plot there is I liked. The loot was hidden nicely, although it wasn't very difficult to find. I did think the secret could have been a little harder to find, but I liked it for the most part. I've got mixed feelings about the blackjack restriction, not because I didn't like ghosting it (I did), but one guard in particular was a little irritating because he made it hard to look around in the rooms he patrolled nearby. I might replay it on Normal just so I can look around without having to worry about the guards.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs
    Oh, that Guard... He must have took a whole bottle of sleeping pills! Nothing would wake him! I was fighting off the others right in front of him!
    Not for me. I jumped in front of him once and he woke up.

I liked this mission. A little short, buts fine. Only problem I found was one of the windows (can't remember which) was twisted around, but I'm just nit picking here.

Overall I really liked it.

@ Polygon-

Quote Originally Posted by random_h
    I liked this mission. A little short, buts fine. Only problem I found was one of the windows (can't remember which) was twisted around, but I'm just nit picking here.

Overall I really liked it.
    'Twas meant to be that way!

This was a fun mission- it was short and easy but really detailed and incredibly well made. Just the title alone makes this mission awesome. I tried really hard to ghost this one, but ended up getting fed up with being an uber-sneak by the time I got to the last objective and just ended up knocking everyone out as usual...
    Don't even have the patience to ghost around 2 guards- I = pathetic.

I only knocked out Kneelek (that's his name, right?), and that was mainly to check the bathroom for loot. And he's an arrogant bastard so I say he deserved what he got.

Polygon, why were the candles frobbable? Were you trying to make them extinguishable, like in Lorgan's Web?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    If you extinguish them with a water arrow, you can frob them back on.

In DCE1, you can frob them off, too... (thanks to NV for the tut)

Agree. Totally.
    Amazing little Fm I had really fun with ghosting and such. The one knock-out is necessary, isn't it? I had to knock out the lower-patrol guard or else one of them would have seen me. Now, nobody did. Not even the zombie knew what was shooting at him with that holy water.

Thanks, Polygon. You architecture is great. I have to look at this very carefully in DromEd.

Only thing I somehow missed: To get new new objectives after reading the lord's diary. Something like "help the zombie get his revenge and rest in peace by knocking out his master and throwing him on the streets without his trousers on". Or something like that.
    I just had the feeling I should help this poor, under-payed, teddy-traumaticed (does this word even exist oO?) fellow instead of... blowing it into pieces. But well. Zombies are always the bad guys.
    And after all - HE would not have hesitated, would he.

Great mission. Looking forward to receiving more.
    "He has left, First Keeper Orland."
    "Yes. I can see that."

Wow! This mission was a lot of fun for such a small package. The architecture and textures were beautiful. And you had the moving fan! I love animated textures like that. Made me start searching TEG to learn how to do it.

This mission is one of the very few I went back and played again on different difficulty level within hours of finishing it the first time. Expert, with the one-KO rule, was really challenging for a blackjack addict like me. I ended up using broadheads as noise arrows and running for dear life when the guards went to investigate. At a couple of points both upstairs guards were searching and passed within inches of me.

I really like these mini-missions! I hope more folks make them.

Good job, Polygon!

Yandros, you can? I didn't try that, but I looked at it in Dromed and I can see how that would work. I did figure out how to allow Garrett to put them out by frobbing them with my meager knowledge of traps, so that counts for something, right?

Vogelfrei, no. The tile floor is difficult to cross, but it's possible if you go soon after the patrolling guard passes you. I even did it without moss arrows.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    You should go look at Nameless Voice's tut on frobbable candles, it's handy and allows you to do it from an archetype with no additional objects. I even have a full candelabra that's frobbable in DCE1.

The frobbeble candle was something I did just to see if I could do it. There are two additional water arrows in the mission you could use to put them out. Itís not necessary though. Just a little gimmick for fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast