TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Deep Trouble 2 T2 FM

A new mission by JohnD...and it's 31megs!!! HOORAY!!!

"YES! Now we got somethin' to do on our honeymoon!!!"

What? I doubt you'll be playing FM's on your Honeymoon! Too busy tending to other matters you see!

Ooops- I'd better say right now that i am NOT married! The above was just a joke to express my jubilation for a new FM by JohnD!!! I don't know who those two ecstatic lovebirds are but playing FM's is more fun than what THEY have planned- having their honeymoon reservations bumped, spending 4 hours at the airport, and then arguing about the weather, LOL!

This mission is too scary, I'll have to wait till morning to finish it...

as others have said in the other thread about new fms, this one's a really good mission (and if you haven't played John D's other missions, you really should!!)
    & i agree with you, Krush, it's definitely up there in creepiness... and i don't usually get creeped out much

Quote Originally Posted by Ponterbee
    I don't know who those two ecstatic lovebirds are but playing FM's is more fun than what THEY have planned
    Since these are just some actors posing for a photo, they probably just changed their clothes after the shooting, then perhaps drank a coffee or two and went home. Maybe, just maybe one of them had Thief and DarkLoader installed at home?

I still have to play Part 1! Then I'll be ready for this one!

I´m stuck

I must to confess, I´m not good in missions in submarines and I hate scary missions. Ehmm - this one is combinationation of both my problems, so it´s no wonder to me, that I´am stuck.....

spoiler:
    I think, I was everywhere on the boat, I was in Control room, but how can I go out? I found two places, where I can go out of submarine, but this locations doesn´t lead to my freedom. Than there´s one small room with a large bot and the door "main complex", this one doesn´t open. And than there are two doors with the code panel before it, but I didn´t found some message with code. And finally, there´s a door "storage" down under the dinning room, which doesn´t open too. Can somebody help me please?

The code is found
    spoiler:
    in the Control Centre. There's a computer screen that says "Messages" on it. Click on it, read it and you'll find the code in the text.
    Don't forget to click "Continue" at the end of this mission to go on to the second mission, which is the main one. The architecture is outstanding!
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 24th Oct 2004 at 09:54.

To Nightwalker

spoiler:
    Grrrrrrrrrrr I saw this screen, but after I unsuccessfuly tried all the screens and devices before I found the control room I didn´t try exatly this one!!!

A bit stuck in the second mission:

spoiler:
    Any clues where this "palace in the old subsection" is? I have been all over the place, even out in the water, but either haven't been there or didn't realize I had been there. In short, where's the code at?

iv just finished the mission and i thort it was really cool sum really good idears

Am I the only one who kept thinking of System Shock 2 during the first part of this mission?

Where's the keypad to get into the Mother chamber?

@Oneiroscope:

spoiler:
    if you've been out in the water... then you've been close. there are a couple of ways there, by a walkway that starts in that large main hall near the piano & lots of bots or through the water that you can enter near the start of the mission (probably the easiest). if you go out in the water & just head straight then left, there is a place you can enter a building near a diver & surface by a little sub. heading upstairs in that area, you'd find the place.

that's probably not the best explanation, but hopefully it helps you out

@iforgotmyname
    are you in the area where you can see mother's chamber? if so:
    spoiler:
    you have to go down the elevator & there's a circular hatch you have to pick open, on the floor in a room down there

Okay I have a wierd bug in this mission. I got to the second level and searched around and found the great palace across from where you start. I read the plaque on the floor and then as I entered the game crashed to desktop. Now when I try to restart, it starts to load and then aborts and a messgae comes up saying my video card is not compatable with Theif 2. WTF is going on? Any help is appreciated.

Sting

can you load any other thief mission ok?

I rebooted my comp and everything is fine now. I finished the mission. It was excellent. I just wish I knew why it happened?

Sting

o yeh and the music ( were the dance floor was ) is really kool

There were some crashes in the area of the entrance to the Grand Temple during betatesting but it doesn't happen consistently and couldn't be fixed. It shouldn't prevent the mission from being completed as usually you can restart from a save and have it work properly.

Hmm dirty thoughts...

mission 1
    Goto 'Friend Tegas' Room Look at the painting....

what is he doing.....

Okay, now that I've freaked myself out enough with one game, it's time to run back to another, I have the mission now, I'm ready to roll into it!

I hope I'll get to hear . . . "Join us, join us . . . JOIN US NOW!"

She's not a maniac, a raving thing, she just goes a little mad sometimes.
    I'm not suffering from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

I still haven't played the first one yet either but will this week for sure now that there's a sequel- Just for the record, for fans of this FM, make sure you play John D's other classics:

Island of Iron 1
    Island Of Iron 2
    Your Last Breath
    Burglary In Blackbrook
    A BRAWL IN THE TOMBS!!!

Those are fantastic so if this is the first JohnD mission you played, get the above ones at the Keep or at thiefmissions (but you knew that already di'nt you?)

This is a pretty neat FM. I love all the different kinds of machinery and fancy particle effects. In some areas, it felt like SS2 and others, Half Life! If it wasn't for the few T2 bits around, i would have thought i was playing one of those games!!!

I thought the voice acting was pretty good, in fact i may have a few jobs on for Wynne after hearing her sexy voice, unless it was Slyfoxx doing a female impression! Nah!

Good work on yer fancy architecture John D, it was impressive.