TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: To the Fan Community...

Quote Originally Posted by jtr7
    Now maybe we'll find out exactly why swimmable water and rope arrows were a problem. Unless the real reason was because they were considered by many to be overdone, so they just didn't develop it.
    They tried to develop it. You can see it when you look at various files in T3 because there are still references in there.

Great news!

Maybe it is also possible for null to say something if there will be a new patch for Thief: Deadly Shadows. There are several things that still need to be fixed. Also an optimization of the graphics engine would be nice.
    Last edited by Alex2001; 26th Oct 2004 at 10:12.

The petition worked??!!
    WOW!
    Thank you!!!!!

Yeeeessssssss!!!!!!
    On behalf of Team Imperia, allow me to offer our tremendous gratitude for this opportunity. There have been discussions on our Forums regarding how to proceed with all the things we wanted to do with the Hammerite Imperium campaign, and this has given us a real shot in the arm.
    The question is: do we continue with what we've got or wait and see? With new members the project is really motoring and we're making good progress. I don't suppose you could tell us if the old Dromed maps are in any way compatible? There was talk of a Dromed HI and a Thief 3 HI project with some transferable parts, but I'm guessing our guys will just want to use as much of this new engine (if released) as possible.
    Special thanks go to the people who organised the Thief petition. You're the best , let's hope this comes off!

Fantastic!

SuperFantastic!

The shock is just too much... I've spent so long accepting the fact that there will probably never be an editor that this news doesn't seem real to me...

Christmas has come early Or will, hopefully.

Builder be praised,common sense hath prevailed at last.
    Judging by the size of the original, I would presume that any new map sizes would greatly increase in MB proportions

Jippiee, thank you, thank you, thank you!
    It's really very nice to give us some update even though it's not absolutely certain yet. And it's very good to hear that you guys already worked on the editor tools. I'll keep my fingers crossed, that everything (technical and "political")will work!

Hey I remember Faceless saying that "load zones were not meant to be in the PC version", and "with the editor, we can remove them", and "then we will be able to play them the way they were meant to be played".

Well, now I REALLY can't wait!

(And we will still be able to do this if we need to.)

Moderator and Priest
    I'd be willing to help glue some of the maps back together if a project gets started. The only thing is...how will we release them?

Until its released everyone should send more letters and postcards in to Eidos. Keep the pressure on.

The emotional rollercoster of being a thief fan - really... it can't be good for you.

A brief history of thief highs and lows....

Dark ages of camelot will be amazing
    Dark ages of camelot will be a disappointment
    Those movies are amazing!
    The demo is amazing!!
    Thief is amazing!!!
    Umm is this all there is?!?
    WHAT NO PATCH or SUPPORT?!?
    WOOWHO! The most complete patch ever realease for a computer game. No need for more patching!
    WHAT NO EDITOR!?!
    WOOWHO AN EDITOR!
    Thief gold will just be a greed based cash in.
    WooWho Thief gold rocks, and look there is thief 2!!
    Thief 2 is obvioulsy rushed (Booo!)
    These fan Missions rock! (Cheer!)
    The Thief 2 doesn't install (Booo)
    The Thief 2 patch rocks! (Cheer!)
    The circloe will have to close (Booo)
    The circle will live forever! (Cheer)
    LGS is dead (booo)
    Thief three will be made by Ion Storm (cheer)
    Thief (not 3) will be made by ion storm (boo)
    Foucused on XBOX (Boo)
    I mean PC (cheer)
    Dues Ex 2 Sucks (Boo)
    "Thief 3 won't" (Cheer)
    "Thief 3 will" (Boo)
    "Thief 3 won't - it has the whole city to explore!" (Cheer)
    No water and loading zones! (Boo)
    Thief 3 rocks (Cheer)
    Thief 3 sucks (Boo)
    There will be no patch (Boo)
    Here is a patch - or two (Cheer)
    No editor - no way (Boo)
    There might be thief 4 (Cheer)
    Oh there might be an editor (Cheer)

Now all join in togeather
    "SINGING, Happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy ...."

Wonderful news! Thank you!

YAY
    cheers all!

all I can say is...

All I can say is...

Yay!

d.

Brilliant news. Ah well, mine might have been the signature that did the final push.

What fantastic news! This really made my day!

Thank you, Jordan, for supporting us all throughout the development process (listening to our whining, patiently answering our questions) and now with the editor business, thank you Ion Storm and thank you Eidos, for listening to your customers. I hope the politics and business decisions get sorted out, and the final hurdles before the release of the editor can be cleared soon enough!

Much appreciated!

Great news, especially since Thief 3 might be the last of the "real" thief games, the settings, sounds and... Garrett.

Great news

Here's hoping Ion and the editor can clear the last hurdles!

I really should visit these forums more Ah well only a day late.

Now maybe I should buy Thief 3

Still need to get past bloody thieves guilld though - need to somehow figure out its ghostability, which is very limited

Quote Originally Posted by Alex2001
    Great news!

Maybe it is also possible for null to say something if there will be a new patch for Thief: Deadly Shadows. There are several things that still need to be fixed. Also an optimization of the graphics engine would be nice.
    From what I've been told, it doesn't sound like a new patch is forthcoming. Some things will no doubt be fixable with the tools, others not. So, we have the sunshine, but with a light cloud covering. It's still a good day.

However.. how will we be able to load the missions? We don't have any Darkloader program for T3 eh? Or can you load a mission from the editor?
    My experience in UnrealEd tells me that it can be loaded via the editor.

And I want my act/react&conversations dammit.
    Agree.

I don't suppose you could tell us if the old Dromed maps are in any way compatible?
    I doubt.

Hey I remember Faceless saying that "load zones were not meant to be in the PC version", and "with the editor, we can remove them", and "then we will be able to play them the way they were meant to be played".
    Imagine. The whole, giant City that consisted of, say, 100 maps. And every map is REALLY huge, like a map from Unreal 2 in size. And all those maps are interconnected. Eh?

Doing the Happy Dance

Letters, people! Let's not give up now, the shore is in sight!

A slew of new letters might do all that much to help with the potential "licensing issues" situation.

Ibsen's Ghost: suggestion - proceed as normal now, and when/if TEd comes, switch over for whatever remains (if it translates well). It could be the first trans-version Thief campaign!

Quote Originally Posted by New Horizon
    From what I've been told, it doesn't sound like a new patch is forthcoming. Some things will no doubt be fixable with the tools, others not. So, we have the sunshine, but with a light cloud covering. It's still a good day.
    Maybe null can clarify the patch issue too.

Would be a bit strange if IONStorm is only developing an editor, but doesn't work on a new patch which isn't that much work compared to an editor.

Let's play U2: "Beautiful Day".

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast