TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: To the Fan Community...

Fantastic news!

I just hope it goes through now and is released. I can't wait to see fan missions and fan expansions. I wonder, once the editor is released, if you could sort of remake the movement of Garrett? I'd rather have an overly floaty Garrett than a choppy one. That's the only thing keeping me back from playing T3 as much as T2. Well that and no FMs, but that will hopefully shortly change.

BTW, shouldnt this be stickied?

Quote Originally Posted by null
    On a personal level, I would love to see what you might achieve with them.
    I was just wondering, have you (the developers) gotten round to playing any T1/T2 Fan Missions?
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links

Zaccheus' hospital blog

As I recall, some of them were hired to work on T3 as a result of their work on T1/2 FMs. I'm sure that they play the fan missions. They did thank the TTLG community in the credits to Deadly Shadows.

This is such fabulous news! I uninstalled T3 as I couldn't bear leaving that world for good, but now I really can't wait to run around in someone else's own vision of The City. Thank you so much for even considering making the Editor

Edumacated
    Muchos gracious!!!!
    ThiefFm Editor, Producer, and Designer of The Bluecoat's Training Facility. Sequal Fm, -> The Eye's Betrayal. 36% complete ==> CANCELLED.

A question if I may, null? If you can't/won't answer, no problemo.

What is your opinion about whether or not the community would be able to use the tools to hack in a slapped-together jury-rig type of rope arrow? As in, one that wouldn't be acceptable for your team's product release, but is fine for us for use in FMs? Possible? Impossible? Very possible (as in, there's already some disabled or abandoned code for it)? Is the foundation for that there, to your knowledge?

Hell, just give us the Ed as is, we got DromEd going we can get T3ED going too

and with the number of programmers we have around, i'm sure we could cobble together a rope arrow of some sort, as well as a new version of darkloader

I wonder what "problems" they're running into.

In any case, it's great to hear a voice of hope.

Mikkelsen

Woooo Hoooooo!

Yes there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Bingo!

Still Subjective
    Someone going to sticky this?

Gonna join the chorus here - AWESOME!

I finished T3 about two months ago and figured I wouldn't touch it again. If the toolset's gonna be released, I'll definitely jump back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Thief13x
    Muchos gracious!!!!
    Eh, is it muchas gracias? Anyway, my experience in Spanish is quite poor
    I interview Irrational

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkelsen
    Yes there's light at the end of the tunnel.
    That light could be a train. I would not get my hopes up too much if I were you.

*rawk*! Good news indeed. Thanks for the effort guys!

I somehow missed this thread for a couple days, but regardless:

!!! HOLY FOTHERMUCKIN SHIAT !!!

That's great news!

Sneaky1Kenobi
    Wonderful news! We need to continue to push for this. Besides signing the petition, send a letter! The address is:

Eidos Interactive
    Attn: Scott Holbert/Customer Support
    651 Brannan St. 4th Floor
    San Francisco, CA 94107

AWsome

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS LET THE RIDICULOUSLY AWSOME FAN MISSIONS BEGIN. I HOPE ANTHONY HUSSO SEES THIS (PURAH)

God, missed another massive thread.....

THANK YOU! Thanks you, null, Ion, and generally, everyone :-)!

Wow, looks like i'll have to start understanding Uscript on the modified UT2k3/4 engine now, but i am SO looking forward to making some special things with this, endless possibilities!

Liam

Sneaky1Kenobi
    I sent another letter today to Eidos. Here is what I wrote:

October 27, 2004

Eidos Interactive
    Attn: Scott Holbert/Customer Support
    651 Brannan St. 4th Floor
    San Francisco, CA 94107

Dear Mr. Holbert

I am writing today to plead with you to release the editor for Thief: Deadly Shadows. As a long-time Thief fan and DromEd designer, I believe the release of the editor would greatly assist in prolonging the shelf life of Thief: Deadly Shadows. If you want to continue to generate income from sales of Thief: Deadly Shadows year after year, then the wisest choice would be to release the editor.

Most of the game titles that continue to sell year after year include an editor. The new content created for FREE by fans is a prime selling point for these successful titles. I still play Unreal Tournament from 1999 because of a mod created for FREE by the fans (ThieveryUT to be specific)! Thief 1 and 2 fans have created hundreds of fan missions that continue to generate interest in the games even years after they were released. My own niece and nephew were so entranced by the Thief fan missions I introduced them to that they begged me to buy them the original games just so they could play the fan missions.

If you need more convincing, there is an associated online petition viewable at http://www.petitiononline.com/t3editor/petition.html that has already been signed by over SEVEN THOUSAND Thief fans. I hope you can take our views into account and provide us with the tools needed to further strengthen our community for years to come. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely

My Real Name Here(Sneaky1Kenobi)

This is unbelievably wonderful new, even if it's unofficial. Many, many thanks to all those who have been pushing for this development (here on TTLG, there in Ion Storm, and elsewhere)

Quote Originally Posted by Subjective Effect
    Someone going to sticky this?
    What would be the point? This thread hasn't left the top of the forum since it was created.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlfox
    This is unbelievably wonderful new, even if it's unofficial. Many, many thanks to all those who have been pushing for this development (here on TTLG, there in Ion Storm, and elsewhere)
    It's not so unofficial. Null opened a specific thread for the news and wrote more than two lines, speaking on behalf of the team. Yeap, if you wanted the Spector' signature, it's not the case.
    IF YOU DO IT, DO IT WITH STYLE

Good job, everyone. We did good, but as you know, we can't start kicking our shoes off just yet. Keep pushing just as if this announcement never was made.

"Muchas gracias" is correct. I am a hot latin boy speaking Spanish from the very day I was born... OK, I am exaggerating... it was two or three years after that. Getting serious, anyone having problems with something in Spanish, tell me, because it is my native language.

Quote Originally Posted by d'Spair
    Eh, is it muchas gracias? Anyway, my experience in Spanish is quite poor

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast