TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meeting....fm new to me!!!

Meeting....fm new to me!!!

Just got done downloading this one...looks like it got put up on jason's site..but not announced...so, cool little surprise for me!!! anyway, hope i am not letting the cat out of the bag...but, A. if you are like me, YOU NEED A NEW FM NOW!!! and, B. i might need some help, rather, i know i will and i can't be the first one to play it or i won't be able to get any hints

which BTW i need already....
    spoiler:
    do i get a blackjack on Garrett?

WOW!! In Czech!

Finally, first FM in my native tongue!!!

I must be doing something wrong.

spoiler:
    As when I pick up the scroll which is the first objective (in the pub), the game finishes. I got there by reading the book in one of the nine lock boxes. Which gave me the objective to get a book from a place where people drink.

O? *Scratches Head*

A new FM before i leave? Amazing!

Dang! Where's my veapons?

Oh well, i got all sneaky and let everyone follow me into the house with the telescope, where i locked them all in! Muhahaha!

PS. Psst...Yohny, ye forgot to light the mission properly!

That's odd! I found this guy sitting down, outside the Pub! I'm not guilty of this! How could i be? I have no veapons!

Huzzah! I just located a Sword! *PRAISE THE BUILDER!* Now i can kill all those damn Nobles, who kept following me around and blocking me in corners!

Hmmm. I have a key with a question mark on it and i just can't locate it's destination! (Door/Container) There's one door remaining, that's locked, but none of the keys unlock it. I can't rope arrow up anything because it doesn't work anymore. It just bounces off the architecture like a NoiseArrow!
    Last edited by sluggs; 23rd Nov 2004 at 06:57.

How do you get IN to
    spoiler:
    the house with the telescope? I haven't found a key and that is apparently the first building you're supposed to go to to find a note. I can't get onto the balcony with the telescope. It seems to be too small and all the windows have glass in them.

NW: I tried a couple of times
    spoiler:
    and found it impossible to jump on the balcony when I had moved the telescope before. With the telescope untouched, however I managed to hop from my rope to the railing. The space is rather cramped but you CAN pass crouching.

If you've already killed all the people around you can also break the door open with your sword - but I guess that's not your style

Strange thing: When reading all the books in sequence, (most times) upon reading the message in the pub will give me the Mission Complete

Help needed: Like sluggs, I have read all the books and all but one objective are ticked off. Now I'm running around like a lunatic
    spoiler:
    with a ?-marked key that doesn't seem to open anything - the metal door inside the Mechanic Post/Technical Station does not open???

I'll restart from a save and try that. Thanks!
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 23rd Nov 2004 at 11:31.

It appears I'm in the same fix as everybody else, now. I have the
    spoiler:
    question mark key but don't know what to do with it.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 23rd Nov 2004 at 12:14.

Found something!

spoiler:
    The door in the machine place has a little ledge above it. Jump up and frob around and you'll get the key to that door.

Progress is blocked by a damn ladder. You'll struggle to get by but it's possible. I just got through!

Hmmm... I'm at the end now and nothing's happening!
    Last edited by sluggs; 23rd Nov 2004 at 13:08.

spoiler:
    the ?-mark key opens that hatch....

But where is that last note? I only have 1 chest that is closed.... been everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs
    Hmmm... I'm at the end now and nothing's happening!
    Same problem for me. Instead of getting the mission complete or a new task that mechanist just keeps sitting there motionless like a stuffed exhibit. Such a lack of respect is reason enough to change gears (no pun intended ) I killed (just to check ) and picked him up. His name is Poldi, so he should be the "P-signed man" to meet.

Damn it, i forgot to kill him! I had forgot that i actually found a weapon!

*Goes to kill him*

PS. Those Archer's are lucky. I can't get to them!

Ahh, just found something else now! Something lies underneath the Cart!
    Last edited by sluggs; 23rd Nov 2004 at 14:13.

Thanks to the help here, I've got everything checked off except that last objective. I've
    spoiler:
    been down and found Poldi but nothing happens. Tried killing him and picking him up but that didn't help.
    Is that where it's supposed to end, do you think?

Unless I'm utterly wrong, this looks like the end of the mission; On the other hand, there's a purse down there that appears in my inventory as a separate object named "750 gold". That might imply you're accepting an offer wich either means more work for you to do in this FM or a hint tpo a sequel

Btw, is it just 'cause I'm using the german version or does the rope arrow in the "park" appear as a separate inventory item in your english version, too?

The rope arrow in the park seemed to replace my other rope arrow and then it wouldn't work so I just left it alone.

Sword?

Please, where is the sword?

more importantly.....where is the BLACKJACK!!!

Kiz.

spoiler:
    There is a sword in the Guard House. Good luck taking it.
    It's so easy, but I can't do it.
    So risky - but I gotta chance it.
    It's so funny, there's nothing to laugh about

To Nil8hate:

As far as I know there is no blackjack....

spoiler:
    I just ran in and got the sword in the guard house and rushed out and hid next to the tower with the archers. Easy as pie. The patrolling guard outside however suddenly disappeared! He walked between the fruitstalls and that was it. He is now missing, as well.
    It's so easy, but I can't do it.
    So risky - but I gotta chance it.
    It's so funny, there's nothing to laugh about

While I am always grateful for a new FM, I had a lot of problems with this one. I wish the author had gotten a better translation done, then maybe it wouldn't be quite so confusing. I literally had no idea what was going on. It was nothing more than systematically going into each of the houses to read the Keeper books. I also wish the mission had been a little better polished.

Here's where I get mean and nasty (no offense, author!):

There were several architectural details that were really frustrating. Like: Trying to go back up the rope into the starting area inevitably resulted in Sudden Heart Attack Syndrome. The little chapel was impossible to traverse without jumping over the pews. I could not enter the telescope house without bashing down the door with the sword. Basically I think most of the problems were caused by trying to be unnecessarily compact. The mission is set in too small of an area for what it contains.

Also, a lot of the AI's apparently had insufficient scripting. Like the nobles sluggs mentioned who just follow you around "searching". I would think all that needed to happen there is to place a flee point near the guard house and maybe tell the AI's to use it. The guard inside the guard house couldn't have done anything to help fleeing nobles, however, since he is trapped on his chair. The prisoner is hostile and tries to attack, but has no attack scripting. Like Freddie I also had one of the guards disappear for no known reason.

I found sneaking this mission almost impossible. Perhaps with enough patience it can be done, but I ended up killing every AI not in the towers. Patience is not my strong suit.

I think that if a better translation were made, if there were more beta-testing, and if the mission were made slightly larger and had the architectural and AI problems fixed it could be a lot of fun. As it was I had a hard time enjoying it.

Anyway, sorry to be so negative.

After I found the 3rd or 4th book, I too turned this into a slaughter-fest instead of even trying to sneak it any further. If anyone ghosts this one, I'll be truly impressed.

BTW, I got into the house with the balcony by
    spoiler:
    smashing the bottom floor window to the left of the door, then putting a crate in front of the window, jumping on the crate, and crouch-walking in.

I still liked this mission, though. I think there should be more small, 30-minute missions like this. Almost like a contest mission, actually. Fun!

Thiefmissions.com

Sorry for the quality of this one, folks; these just appear in the upload area without much fanfare. I offered to help the author with the English translations and testing but he wasn't interested.

epithumia: Maybe he didn't really understand your offer. As I stated in an earlier thread about the notorious Waterway Tunnels, the English language seem somehow challenging for our friends of the "Czech Czech Thief Guilt" . Isn't there anybody living in the UK/US/Canada or other colonies who speaks Czech and is willing and able to offer them some support?
    As far as I can see, there is a lot of untapped potential for great FMs hidden eastern/central Europe.

The sword?

spoiler:
    Where is the key for the guard house to get the sword?????
    Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast