TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Purah has a new mission coming out!!!

The Imperium is still very much alive, we just don't discuss much of the spoilerific stuff in the public forums.
    Ah, that's good to hear.

I thought you were dead.

Could have been possible. Who knows, what those FM-hungry players might do if they are disappointed. 'Asassins' would be more than just a mission.

I'm not threatening you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenus1
    The only fear I have is dying before they're released!!
    from the sudden heart attack syndrome?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexius
    yees.. we're alive and cooking someching big... now that we've seen the tasty T2X.
    go COSAS! get that mission released!
    Yo! Hi Alexius! Good to see ya alive, taffer. Glad to hear that Imperium is still alive and in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Komag
    Well, Purah's CoSaS mission (which this thread is all about) is not a "rumor". It's been finished years ago and is just sitting around on Dan's hard drive waiting for the CoSaS missions that preceed it to be released.
    That's a damn shame. Missions don't get any better by sitting unreleased on somebody's hard drive. On the contrary, missions age. Purah's mission wouldn't be as impressive now as it would have been years ago. Next year it'll be a bit less impressive still.

I wish they'd release whatever they have as soon as it's ready because what they're doing now is quite frankly reducing the enjoyment value of the end result.

Perhaps, but series don't get better when you release the missions out of order.

I agree with jermi. I'd love to see this mission NOW. Unfortunately, it won't happen.

I wonder if this is the last CoSaS mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexius
    now that we've seen the tasty T2X.

Watch it Alexius.........

It's one of the middle ones IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by jermi
    That's a damn shame. Missions don't get any better by sitting unreleased on somebody's hard drive. On the contrary, missions age. Purah's mission wouldn't be as impressive now as it would have been years ago. Next year it'll be a bit less impressive still.
    I agree with that. Look at T2X, it's super great, yet imagine it released earlier, like 3 years ago... You can feel that some of the missions are a bit old. It's just that fans released such good missions during the last 3 years or so, setting higher and higher standards...

Not wanting to speak out of turn here, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Komag
    It's been finished years ago and is just sitting around on Dan's hard drive waiting for the CoSaS missions that preceed it to be released.
    It doesn't matter that Purah himself hasn't commented about it recently, since he finished it like three years ago and just shipped it off to Dan or whoever.
    I'm willing to bet that a few of the later CoSaS missions are in this situation, all finished and just awaiting the earlier missions in the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermi
    I wish they'd release whatever they have as soon as it's ready because what they're doing now is quite frankly reducing the enjoyment value of the end result.
    The speculation in this thread is based on the assumption that Purah actually finished the mission before handing it over, and that the CoSaS team is holding it in their dungeons out of sheer laziness or an overly aggressive sense of continuity. From what I gather, the mission was in fact quite far from a releasable state by the standards of the project - and presumably still is.
    I'd rather that CoSaS finish and release the missions in the sequence they're intended, than for Purah's to jump the queue simply by virtue of being Purah's

Quote Originally Posted by Vigil
    The speculation in this thread is based on the assumption that Purah actually finished the mission before handing it over, and that the CoSaS team is holding it in their dungeons out of sheer laziness or an overly aggressive sense of continuity.
    Yea yea, Purah made the best mission ever, he worked fast and then those EVIL CoSaS guys banned him, terrored him and forbade from releasing it to his fans. Purah had a nervous break-down, but what can you do against mafia, eh?

This thread makes my brain hurt.

Read Vigil's post and feel your mind set free by the truth he speaks.

Sorry for any stress or anything. The main point was always just to be excited about a cool mission to look forward to, not to bug about CoSaS release dates and such

Hey. Long time no Thief.

Don't ask how I found this thread...it has something to do with my sister.

Anyhow, I know this is like 2 years later, but I might as well toss my 2 cents in the ring.

Working on CoSaS was cool. I did what I could for those guys at the time but it was handed over shy of completion due to RL issues that came up...and thereafter caused me to move to France...then to Austin.

I had an exceptional amount of fun playing the first CoSaS mission. Alas the lack of good gritty Garrettness since then.

On a side note: we actually hired Stephen to do some recording and I was able to slip in a line for Garrett: yes...Garrett the man himself now answers all voice mail on my cell. So cool in a really nerdy way.

Remain cool all you Taffers...and check out Arkane's next project: The Crossing. I'm the guy doing the story.

I'm waiting The Crossing from his annoucement!
    For me it's the most waited title, most waited then BioShock...

(i liked a lot all the Thiefness in DarkMessiah...)

It's a pity that now i can't' see a lot of news about the developement of this cool (and maybe revolutionary?) game.

Have you a devBlog at the Arkane or any other things?

Thanks for joining us another time

Oh. I thought Komag made a triumphant return.

Quote Originally Posted by Purah View Post
    On a side note: we actually hired Stephen to do some recording and I was able to slip in a line for Garrett: yes...Garrett the man himself now answers all voice mail on my cell. So cool in a really nerdy way.
    hey there yerself

long time no see, I miss going to your pub reading through the pages, you know you could donate that to the circle so we can still bask in its glory etc

biker

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    I'm having a special moment here, something like "Purah exists, I just met him"... Well kind of

The prodigal son returns, hello Purah.

Here I am saying, "who the hell resurrected THIS thread?" Welcome back Purah.

It must be real weird at first to meet Stephen and hear him speak a lil Garrett to you - never mind hearing him on someone else's voice mail...

The Crossing looks amazing Purah - have to remember to stay up on that one's progress....

Oie Purah! My 'someone on the forum said cosas' detection grid is going off like a christmas tree!

Actually no, but someone mentioned you in TTLG's The Crossing forum which you really need to make yourself at home in and tell us everything you know.

And I still have that old mission of yours all backed up and safe. Too bad the 4+ months of work that _I_ put into it after you gave it to me were lost, but hey, just means when its time comes again, we can have a fresh go at it sans my meddling in the mean time.

Too bad it's like ... mission 9 or something.

Oh my God... Purah is back!
    When I saw his post I first thought it would be dated, but when I saw the date I made such loud YELP!!!! that every one in the house was startled and my brother ran into the room to see if I was alright!
    Now this is a sweet surprise!

Purah,

If you are reading this, I hope you may find enough time to want to drop in every once in a while, especially at the Editor's Guild forum and spread a bit of your wisdom and experience among us eager taffers.

Immortal
    FM in Progress: Bane III
    Previous FMs: CoSaS III- THE NINE YEAR SLEEP (content released), Keep of Deceit, Cult of the Damned and A Keeper's Betrayal.

Wow, good to hear from you Purah, sounds like everything is going well.

I'll have to look at The Crossing, sounds interesting already.

Hiya Dan.

I'll talk to the man in charge about dropping in on the Crossing Thread. Don't expect much in the short term but maybe Raf will be kind a little later on.

As for everyone else, BrokenArts, Slyy and others...thanks for the welcome. I may not have a ton of time to frequent these boards but these boards are where I got started. I love TTLG. You guys in the editor's forum are die-hard hard core taffers. I wish I had wisdom to give. (/me knows nothing about the thief 3 editor).

I'd also like to give a shout out to those of you who I saw creeping around my blog (Pub of Purah). Thanks for visiting...and yes, that house up top does look ripe for a burgling

Best all,

P