TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 39444954596469747984858687888990 LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2230

Thread: Taffer Art *Post thy works Here*

Thank you)
    Oh, of course it could be, but cosplay video is for someone with more time and friends to help. Alas.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackjackManiac View Post
    Hello, taffers! Where to post cosplay?
    https://taffermaniac.deviantart.com/

Nice! A great Garrett cosplay-not to mention cute!

Just finished this one.

Beautiful! I love the stark lines, anymore examples?

Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    Beautiful! I love the stark lines, anymore examples?
    Thank you! I do, but it's older and quite different (and not as good).

Here it is:

Cool. I get a nice retro vibe from this, like a Commodore 64/ZX Spectrum game cover.

I hope you don't mind, no disrespect intended. I grew up with these type of games, your artwork is evocative of a very distant, misspent youth.
    Last edited by Purgator; 18th May 2018 at 18:17.

tunnel runner for atari 2600 a bit

Cool. I get a nice retro vibe from this, like a Commodore 64/ZX Spectrum game cover.

I hope you don't mind, no disrespect intended. I grew up with these type of games, your artwork is evocative of a very distant, misspent youth.
    Looks like the old Atari game cartridges I saw when I was a kid!

Don't mind at all, that's awesome!

Hellou there!

After many years of sickness I'm active again. And so I started with a self portrait in Thief style -

I should stop making those things so late at night... But I think it was worth the effort.
    Last edited by Iendros; 31st May 2018 at 14:49. Reason: twisted code

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    the thief1/gold/2 eye is better then the thief 3 eye in my view

next someone will post from reboot thief claiming that is his eye

no offence to ion storm in austin texas but thief 3 story was the key to that game not those highlighted graphics/includes his eye=not original garrett

sad to think people would use thief 3 over thief 1/gold /2

no need to reply i am offended about this entire eye subject now

jeneiver is not a bird either=posting this now as down the road/years from now someone will have the nerve to say reboot is true thief

i am done

and that terrible scar above and below his eye,where the hell did that come from,dont make me post video with viktoria takes garrests eye with out making that ion storm fake scar on garretts face

sad the ovious is staring you all in the face,but you refuse to see it as not om

also so you all know the oceans arent blue either,a trick of the autmosphere

i am a artist and i know how colors work=thief 3 is a junk version of garrett,with his fake hip movement

also i got a cold so i am taking this serious

also karrass made garretts eye when he was a hamerite
    A few months late, but I figured I should correct you

Garrett's mechanical eye IS green, it's green in Thief 2. In Thief 1 it's just a trick of the lighting. There's a cutscene where his eye is out of its socket and he is cleaning it. It's the cutscene before the mission Eavesdropping.

https://puu.sh/ABdkV/b3c0380a60.jpg

You can see it plain as day. It being so vibrantly green in Thief 3 is probably just a gameplay thing ,like Sam Fisher's goggles in Splinter Cell.

i would say its patina on the metal if you look real close you can see the shutter effect on the metal like a camera lens closing or opening probably made of bronze,also might have a liquid inside the eye making it seem green on metal

Quote Originally Posted by Iendros View Post
    Hellou there!

After many years of sickness I'm active again. And so I started with a self portrait in Thief style -

I should stop making those things so late at night... But I think it was worth the effort.
    I'm glad you are feeling better. And yes, it was well worth the effort! Most taffers here would agree that their best work is usually done in the wee small hours. Excellent work, and welcome home.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i would say its patina on the metal if you look real close you can see the shutter effect on the metal like a camera lens closing or opening probably made of bronze,also might have a liquid inside the eye making it seem green on metal
    It's not patina, it's way too uniform and shaped like an iris to just be patina. I reviewed the cutscene and it seems like some sort of green fluid is being poured into the eye into the area around the camera lens pupil thing. That serves as his iris, it's not said what it is for however. I guess so he can empty it out and then easily access the iris if he needs to fix it. Maybe some sort of healing liquid to help keep his eye socket from getting infected.

This also allows it to double as a normal looking eye, that way people at a glance just see a normal looking eye instead of a mechanical eye. Glass eyes operate on the same principle except they are painted to look like eyes instead of being fancy mechanical working eyes with handy zoom and fluids.

Either way, it was green in Thief 2 and that's why they made it green in Thief 3. The scar however isn't there in the cutscene nor on the box art, that was an artistic liberty (which the John P texture pack fixes among other things).

Oh, we're doing this again.

my point is thief 2 eye is one i like ,not thief 3

its like the old saying give an inch they take a mile=thief 3 did that to garrett,and most feel that is who garrett is but all us fans since t1/g/t2 know better

i still belive its patina https://www.google.com/search?q=pati...w=1600&bih=765

but since itas incased it made a more even coat of it within the liquid

lets not forget karrass made garretts eye personaly,back when karrass was a hammer,and if you check karrass style it seems logical to me that he used bronze for iris part=softer metal

Where did you get the idea that Karras made the eye?? Have you read: http://thief.wikia.com/wiki/The_Eye?? Are you now talking about the Fake Eye? Ref. http://thief.wikia.com/wiki/Fake_Eye.

Nah Karras did make the mechanical eye Garret has, he says so himself http://thief.wikia.com/wiki/Mechanical_Eye#History That's what we are talking about.

Personally I don't believe it is patina, the eye does consist of bronze of course but not for the iris part. That looks to be glass that is then filled with that green fluid. https://puu.sh/ABIfw/d002257934
    If you view the cutscene for eavesdropping you can see it being filled in motion along with him holding it up.

As for the Thief 3 hate, I personally love Thief 3 as much as I love the older games. I'm surprised people still bash Thief 3.
    Last edited by Pachira; 8th Jun 2018 at 21:25.

i loved thief 3 but i felt the movement in game was junk,the third person view was junk,otherwise amazing game,still wish it would be converted to thief 2,then we can add swimming and rope arrows

Just finished this

wow amazing job whaleoil1

life of the party rooftops

Great work!

God I'd buy this in a heartbeat. I keep on the lookout for Funko figures that could be used as a base for Garrett and then made into him after some repainting.

were there any Garrett action figures? only Thief1/2 version, not 4.

Quote Originally Posted by WhaleOil1 View Post

Just finished this
    Very nice !
    Would like to order a copy (6x3 feet). Would that be possible ?

Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 39444954596469747984858687888990 LastLast