TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: close encounters ??

close encounters ??

ok i'm i have discovered the flying saucer but what next no objectives how to end this mission ??

Huh? You need to find 450 loot and then get back to where you started. What is the problem, you haven't found enough loot?

i found enough loot (8350)

i found enough loot (8350 including 350 in gems) but i dont have any objectives on the objectives screen so i dont know what to do to finish this mission

Must be a bug then. Anyway, the two objectives are loot and return back.

Whats going on then?

I've walked round the village, killed a haunt and a spider,

spoiler:
    whats next. I've 250g and I need thousands. Where do I go what have I missed

Yikes Help
    spoiler:
    trheres nothing here except old boxes and chairs

Mary

A lot. Seriously, though. Get into the sewers and it'll become apparent. I don't exactly remember but I think
    spoiler:
    the sewer key is on a skeleton partially buried in a house. Bad help, I know, but the skeleton is a complete one and has a scroll with it, too.

There is a score of money on the
    spoiler:
    crashed alien vessel.

Thank you Metal Dawn.

Have searched again,
    spoiler:
    but not seen the skeleton you mention. Have one but no key or scroll.

Will have one more look.

Mary.

Found it.
    spoiler:
    Did not think to bash down doors with the sword. It is in a yard.

Many thanks Metal Dawn

Finished the game. Apart from the
    spoiler:
    key
    very straightforward.
    Last edited by marycwmbach; 10th Mar 2005 at 06:43. Reason: Had one more look

Quote Originally Posted by marycwmbach
    Thank you Metal Dawn.

Have searched again,
    spoiler:
    but not seen the skeleton you mention. Have one but no key or scroll.

Will have one more look.

Mary.

Found it.
    spoiler:
    Did not think to bash down doors with the sword. It is in a yard.

Many thanks Metal Dawn

Finished the game. Apart from the
    spoiler:
    key
    very straightforward.
    Which version are you playing? I assumed you meant version 2.

Yes version 2.

spoiler:
    The skeleton was in fact in a room without a ceiling, at a cursory glance it looked like a yard

Thanks again Metal Dawn

Is quite a crawl in some places, even on a fast machine, there is a weird sky bug with a hall of mirrors, at first I believed it had something to do with the distance rendered, but it's seems to be a bad sky texture too up there, is a black spot that is actually transparent.

For the rest interesting concept, brush work needs some polish (especially stair steps way too tall for humans).

The lack of fighting makes this an ambient immersion adventure, and I prefer it that way.
    Could be improved (brush works).

The brush work is not as it could have been. This mission is good to play on a cold or rainy day; it has nice atmosphere.
    Last edited by metal dawn; 13th Mar 2005 at 00:05.

For some reason I have two versions of this on my computer - I already played the smaller of the two - the other one says Version 2 - is it an update for bug fixes, or is there actually something different about it? I liked it alright (one of the nicest surprises at the end of any FM - took me a few seconds to figure out what it was) - but I don't want to play it again a week later if it's the same thing!

yeah, i'm starting to get more into the groove of these more "ambient" missions.

This FM was one of those listed in the *worst* FM threads, but I think people are getting too taken by the idea of what the "proper" FM is supposed to be.

Despite how unpolished this FM was, I too liked just running around it and getting the eerie feeling that 'something just isn't right ... it's too quiet around here', which this FM conveyed very well, too good effect ... capped of course at its slightly unnerving (but not over-whelming) climax.

Anyway, I'm glad that FM's like this are being made ... they are good for certain times, like md said, things like rainy days when you're in the mood for just zoning out, but not into something totally mindless.

Thiefmissions.com

Quote Originally Posted by taffedinthehead
    For some reason I have two versions of this on my computer - I already played the smaller of the two - the other one says Version 2 - is it an update for bug fixes, or is there actually something different about it?
    Did you read the description file that accompanies the mission? Here's a snippet:

This mission now has new areas to explore, more loot, more Ai's, readables, architecture and texture changes, bug fixes and lots of changes to the ending, plus many other smaller changes and additions. Enjoy taffers.

Quote Originally Posted by epithumia
    Did you read the description file that accompanies the mission? Here's a snippet:

What . . . me read something for myself?
    Now why would I do that when I could take up board space asking someone else to read it for me?

sorry . . . thanks for the reply anyway!

Gerhard Eichberger
    Quote Originally Posted by epithumia

This mission now has new areas to explore, more loot, more Ai's, readables, architecture and texture changes, bug fixes and lots of changes to the ending, plus many other smaller changes and additions. Enjoy taffers.
    Hm?
    I have downloaded and played "Close Encounters" long ago. I have also suggested it in my Austrian Dark-Project forum in the Blackbox.

But I did not know that there are two versions. I think there were only three AIs in this mission.

And the key mentioned was (when I remember correct) in a chest in a room besides the church.

Hm. Now I have looked into the readme-file. It says:

Version: 1.0
    Date of Release: Feb 21 2004

Gerhard

OMG!

"MORE" AI's?

OK, I count ONE zombie, ONE ghost, and THREE spiders, that's all!

That's "more"? What was it before? NONE?

And the utterly empty UFO!
    "Close Encounters" my arse! More like NO Encounters!

So much equipment for so few targets for it!