TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: little big world

little big world

I'm a long time Thief player, but just recently bought Thief Gold. One of the things I was looking forward to is the "little big world," but after finishing the game, I didn't find it. Where in the hell is it?

In "The Sword" mission there's a switch on one of the pillars near a bridge over a canal. Flip the switch to open a grate that allows you to swim to Little Big Land.
    Last edited by Nuth; 11th Dec 2004 at 17:13.

I haven't played T1 yet, but have heard of "The Sword" mission. I know that that guy's house was built like a maze, but what is little big world? What does it look like?

FW:FW:FW: SO TRUE!!!
    Little big shows up only in EXPERT, as I recall. The entrance is in the garden at the canal by the chapel entrance.

Search the area well for the secret switch.

As for what it is, think Jack and the beanstalk and Gullivers Travels.

Actually, it shows up on normal too.

This is the first I've heard of this, I am very excited about looking for it .

I've known about it for ages, but no TG. :/

Would some kind soul be so...kind...as to post some screenshots?

The switch you missed is a red tongue on a face, that is on a pillar.

I Cannot Read Instructions
    Thiefsie: http://www.lytha.com/thief/images/ly...ge/sw_mice.jpg

For people who haven't seen it, if you see it for the first time in person, you'll probably be glad you didn't have it spoiled for you. Just keep that in mind.

I'll try to give you an idea of the scale: You see that little thing between the two legs of the table closest to you? That's a guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisibility
    I'll try to give you an idea of the scale: You see that little thing between the two legs of the table closest to you? That's a guard.
    Don't spoil it for them Invisibility! Would you have liked if someone did this to you?

Heh, nice.

Thanks, Invisibility and Lytha.

WHOA!
    spoiler:
    Wonder if that door is frobbable.

EDIT: All right! This post made me a full member. About time.

The Sword has always been one of my all time favourite missions.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMRN
    WHOA!
    spoiler:
    Wonder if that door is frobbable.
    Looks a lot like a brush to me...And brushes can't be frobbed or given properties other than postion, size, texture, 'being there and stopping things' and such.

It's made out of brushes. I think all of the furniture is, because of the large scale of the room.

Thiefsie, is there any reason you can't buy Thief Gold? It's not hard to find on the Internet.

Thiefsie, why spoil it with a screenshot? I think it's much more mysterious if you have to find it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ombrenuit
    Thiefsie, why spoil it with a screenshot? I think it's much more mysterious if you have to find it yourself.
    My thoughts exactly, but you see, I don't have Thief Gold.

Most internet market things either don't ship to Romania (>:U) or ask for enormous prices (for me they are enormous, anyway) when it comes to shipping.

I wish I could help you out, Thiefsie. But I don't know how to take screenshots in Thief Gold.

That's okay, that screenshot pretty much sums it up anyway. I can build that in Dromed in 15 minutes tops too.

Awesome. Good luck, Thiefsie. But I suspect you won't need any.

Substitution

The Vortex of History is murky, but I seem to recall that in the days of Dromed's genesis, Trimfect made a small demo with a similar premise to Little Big World. It was smaller, but basically did the same thing (made an "ordinary" room in massive dimensions, miniaturized fun ensues) It was called "Mice R Us", IIRC. Try searching the FM archive.

I don't whether they still host the old demo-missions though, as they're old and most of them can only be run in Dromed.

Z

EDIT: In the 15-minute hiatus, I was pleased to discover that they do in fact still host the old demos, on the Circle's own FM Archive. Get it, I think it only works in Dromed, but you don't need TG and it's the same "feeling"
    Last edited by Z; 17th Dec 2004 at 14:15. Reason: interrupt me, will you?

I could probably multibrush the place and send it to you, if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiefsie Fool
    That's okay, that screenshot pretty much sums it up anyway. I can build that in Dromed in 15 minutes tops too.

You can't see all that's there though. There are lots of little touches that make it great, plus the music... And you haven't even seen the 'little' half of little big world. It's more than just something you could whip up in dromed. You must find a way to get Thief Gold. Do whatever it takes. A few years ago I paid almost $100 total to get it (including customs charges, etc), and I don't regret it one bit.

Steal it if you have to!

I need to see how easy it is to do, but if I get the quote scroll stuffed into the training mission along with the ambient wind sound, I'll play through Sword and compile it first.

Sounds intriguing. I never heard about the little big world although I've played through Thief Gold.