TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM "A Servant's Revenge" (Dec. 15/2004)

T2 FM "A Servant's Revenge" (Dec. 15/2004)

Hey Taffers...Just in time for the holiday season (and to beat Yandros to the release )...SlyFoxx DromEd productions, in conjunction with a Mexican Whooping llama LTD....proudly presents...a small wintery mission...with snow on the ground. It's called "A Servant's Revenge."

As "Gilbert" you must escape the clutches of the cruel Lord Rothburg and steal everything not nailed down in the process. Escape the estate with enough cash and you WIN THE GAME!

Will you be a ghost (recommended)? Or will you hack up everybody in the place? The choice is up to you and only time will tell.

So head on down to "Cheap Missions"...home of everyday GREAT deals for all your FM shopping needs. Jason will take the time to show you all the latest and greatest models so you don't go home disapointed.

Additional download links:
    The Circle
    KoMaG
    TTLG.de
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 29th Nov 2012 at 16:34. Reason: added links

So it's done, eh? We and I are getting it.

Nice

I just finished this one and what a treat to start my day. Very pretty to look at and a fun time had by all. I am missing about 65 loot.

Thanks SlyFoxx

Great, fun, small mission!

I just finished short 115 of total loot. I didn't find the
    spoiler:
    guard whacker until all objectives were done,
    so this was a perfect ghost for me which is very unusual. Of course, after completing it, I just HAD to reload and whack everyone! One question, though: where is the key to the
    spoiler:
    upstairs safe? I was able to get close enough to grab quite a few coins stacks out of it without opening it (I know, kinda cheating I guess), but wasn't able to find the key. Maybe that's where my remaining loot is.

Anyway, thanks, Slyfoxx, great mission!!!

I didn't find a key I just wacked it with my sword.

115 short eh Maawhahahahah!!!! The Trickster at work to be sure.

Naw...sounds like you missed
    spoiler:
    a little gold ring in the master bath

As for the other 15...I'm not telling just yet. I'm waiting for somebody to post about success at "Perfect Thief." It can be done.

BTW...I misspelled "Indentured" in the read-me. smacks forehead *smack*

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I had fun testing this one yesterday, I wish I had been able to test it more earlier because it's a great little FM, but I was too busy with ATH04.

Quote Originally Posted by maloo
    I didn't find a key I just wacked it with my sword.
    Sword? Where'd you get a sword?

And the key to that cabinet is down in the wine cellar.

One question, though: where is the key to the
    spoiler:
    upstairs safe? I was able to get close enough to grab quite a few coins stacks out of it without opening it (I know, kinda cheating I guess), but wasn't able to find the key. Maybe that's where my remaining loot is.

Anyway, thanks, Slyfoxx, great mission!!! [/QUOTE]

spoiler:
    Go into the kitchen, to your right and there are some wine racks. On the rack with green bottles, in one of those slots underneath a green bottle is a red key

Nice mission, short and sweet.

That last one piece of loot was well hidden!
    (The one with a message from Slyfoxx)
    Has anyone else found it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx
    Hey Taffers...Just in time for the holiday season (and to beat Yandros to the release )...SlyFoxx DromEd productions, in conjunction with a Mexican Whooping llama LTD....proudly presents...a small wintery mission...with snow on the ground. It's called "A Servant's Revenge."

As "Gilbert" you must escape the clutches of the cruel Lord Rothburg and steal everything not nailed down in the process. Escape the estate with enough cash and you WIN THE GAME!

Will you be a ghost (recommended)? Or will you hack up everybody in the place? The choice is up to you and only time will tell.

So head on down to "Cheap Missions"...home of everyday GREAT deals for all your FM shopping needs. Jason will take the time to show you all the latest and greatest models so you don't go home disapointed.
    GOD BE PRAISED!
    ::Monty Python horn-blowing-scene-from-the-heavens ensues here::

-Theef

gd mission

all but 15

Where the heck is it?

Stumped in the snow

m

Yandros

Look on the wall

Am I the only one who has found that nice little purse thingy and the hidden message from Sly?
    Well.. it's well hidden but all you need is to look into some unexpected places...
    Now.. attempting to do the "perfect thief.

Great mission dude! Suprisingly great actually, you have improved a lot- you're previous missions were fun if kinda rough around the edges, but this one shows that you're becoming a pro at this.

I ghosted it for the most part...though I had to test out the "guard thwacker" a couple of times. That'll learn em' to keep a wooden thing-a-majig out in the open.
    spoiler:
    Well..okay..it was locked in a barn, BUT STILL! They had it coming...

Your next mission just shot up to the topmost part of my "most looked-forward too FMs" list (right next to CoSaS 2, Unholy Alliance, T2X, Circulation of Shadows, and Death's Cold Embrace). Will have to play this one again sometime I'm feeling patient and "perfect thief" it.

Yay! New mission!

Question:

According to Dromed, there is 1 sword somewhere in this mission. Where? I've been all through the house and grounds, and nada.

Chuckg

spoiler:
    Go to the area of the front door, there on the wall are two sets of crossed swords and one above the opening........there she be.

Heh.

This was a fun little mission. Unfortunatly, I shouldn't have read the thread first >_< Made it too easy when i knew all i had to do was find the
    spoiler:
    "GUARD WHACKER!" But then there was that sword, too, but by that point, i'd already KOed everyone in the place =/

This was a nice, well-built little mission. A fun diversion to remind us that not all FMs need be epic quests =) Ans I like the whole idea of it, too. Servant: The dark project XD I kid, tho...

Some suggestions to keep in mind for future FMs: Maybe make the mushrooms frobable/fragile?

Oh, and theres the secondary balcony, to the left of the lord's beroom balcony.. i almost go trapped there o_o Might wanna make it innacesable, or put something there to make it worth the effort of getting over there.

Also, the guard by the
    spoiler:
    side door. I can understand YOUR logic for making him turn every which way, so that it's harder for the player to sneak up on him no matter which way they come from, but what's HIS excuse? "Dur, i'm just gonna look at all these walls. Ok, now i'm gonna look at the barrel." uhm, what? I dunno...=)

And was it just me, or was the sound rather... soft? Did you do something to the schemas to make the servant not wear iron tap-shoes like Garrett or something?

Woulda been nice if you coulda reskinned the arm, but that's nitpicking =)

Thanks for another enjoyable mission =D

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorSteele
    Heh.
    Oh, and theres the secondary balcony, to the left of the lord's beroom balcony.. i almost go trapped there o_o Might wanna make it innacesable, or put something there to make it worth the effort of getting over there.
    This isn't really necessary, just jump over to the wall surrounding the house, then jump down to the ground from there. I have to agree though that there should be some loot there or something, I felt all special finding that place only to realize it was pointless...
    spoiler:
    Though I get the feeling it's there as a way to get onto the wall, and there's probably some secret you can access if you walk around the wall- I was too lazy to check though.

Quote Originally Posted by Erand
    That last one piece of loot was well hidden!
    (The one with a message from Slyfoxx)
    Has anyone else found it yet?
    Definitely not me.

*shrugs*

Ah, I give up.

I have come to the conclusion that I am completely crap at this. I can't seem to do anything apart from pick up a couple of deer legs. Admittedly this has been one of the worst days of my life and I am somewhat pissed. However, a hint or two as to how to get started even would be greatly appreciated.

I may be a crap thief but I can still spell when drunk.

(almost?) All the guards and servants have purses; grab them =)

btw, sly.. that hiding spot? I'd say ingenious, but... mweh, it felt cheap in a "Wtf, who'd hide loot THERE?!" kind of way.

But ah well. Anything's better than microscopic, hidden switches of doom.

Wha da ya mean 'almost'. I would like to get further than the garden. Please. The snow is making me cold.

OK - I got a key. I will attempt to progress.

re: the hiding spot -- n/m, I found it.

The bedroom in the basement -- get on top of the upper bunk and look at the side of the overhead beam facing the corner.

Oh, and as to 'who would hide loot up there?', the answer is 'whoever sleeps in that upper bunk'.

Nickle -- re: getting inside

One of the two roving guards on the front lawn has the key to the barn on his belt. Pickpocket him and then use it to enter the barn. In there you will find a broomstick, which will function as a blackjack. After that, feel free to start bopping outside guards until you find one with a door key, and then pick whichever door you feel you can survive.

Thank you - I feel so much better with something to knock the bastards out with!!!!!!!!!! I found the two keys but was still running around like a headless chicken. I think this is something I will do better at when sober!. And I admit (amongst friends) to being a moderately violent thief but would deny it in a court of law!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast