TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone found all the loot in Hush...Hush, Sweet Harlot?

Has anyone found all the loot in Hush...Hush, Sweet Harlot?

This is one of my favourite FMs ever. But the last piece(s) of loot continues to elude me. I´m off by 100 from the maximum (on Expert level). Has anyone found more?

I may only have one piece of loot left to find. Both purses, vases, diamonds, gold nuggets and those tiny rings are usually worth 100 apiece.

Some loot in this mission is very well hidden. I´ve been in at least three hard-to-get-to (or out from!) places.

I'm very impressed that you've got all but 100g! I never found that much, despite having played it several times. Did you find the spot where you get the note about "bowing to your thiefy superiority"? I presume you found the nugget in behind the fence in that area that is nearly impossible to get back out of.

Yes, I´ve looted both of those places.

As for getting out of the second place you mention, look here how I did it (it´s post #10).

I'll help you if you'll help me get this mission to run in the first place - I could never get it to run on my system for some reason - I think it freezes when I try to launch the level, and then kicks out back to darkloader!

Hold on, you mean you don't have any problems running other T1 missions except for that one? If that is the case, it sounds as a bad download and since it's crashing you on that mission alone, it is possibly a corrupt .mis file (which is the most important file of the FM zip of course). Do a simple test, try to unzip all the files of the HHSH.zip into a folder, if you don't get any error messages then the file's ok, otherwise post back and we'll see.

Thanks, I'll try that this weekend.

I had similar problems with Hellerhouse.

It's been a long time since I played this one, so I decided to run through it again and make a list. Excellent game play. No guarantees that I'll complete the list. I have found 2303 / 2880 so far, and I have some distance to go. Have not been to the docks yet.

Below is a place I had never been before:

spoiler:
    It is near the beginning, to the right of the Corinth-Austley house. Climb up there, and you can get 50.

Been there, done that.

I eagerly await your result.
    Good Luck!

(jiansonz goes to comb some more places in HHSH...)

Also 100 short

After 6:20 game play and probably 10 hours clock time, I came up 100 short, too. I have a fairly descriptive loot list. Please e-mail me, and I'll send the list to you. Let me know if you can read Excel, its native format. If not, I can reformat it to a format you want, including Word and HTML.

It is possible that we have a different result and that your missing loot is found in my list. If so, then I hope that you have a list also and can tell me what I am missing. If we can't find the missing item(s) together, I think I will send it to Jason anyway as the best that has been done, because I have seen a lot of requests for such a list.

From the extent of looking I have done, and probably you also, I am beginning to wonder if the accounting is correct. Of course, everybody tends to think that when they have looked hard. I scoured all water for rings 2-3 times, and I think I went up to all ledges and roofs that are possible, using crates on some of them. I got up to the "thiefly superiority" place using barrels and gunpowder. Did you know that you can push a large barrel quite fast by throwing a metal bottle at it? After playing Thief for five years, I discovered that today.

Oh. Forgot this. Here is an easy way to get out from the nugget / generator room.
    spoiler:
    Shoot rope into beam from below. That arrow is pointed up. Climb rope, then jump onto generator. Go back on generator to farthest point away from beam. Shoot another rope straight into the beam at the very top edge of the beam. That arrow is more level. Climb that one and mantle out, pressing the forward key at the same time.

That worked the first time, and it is repeatable.

Loot lists are identical

To all:

jiansonz and I have compared loot lists, and they are identical. I scoured the place some more after my previous post, and I am pretty well convinced that we have found all that is available. So either we are missing the same, very difficult thing, or it is not there / impossible.

We would like to solicit the help of a dromedder to open up Hush Hush and see if he / she can find it. Any volunteers? Let me know by e-mail, and I'll send you my loot list to assist.

Thanks.

100 gold are unobtainable

I remember that I also scoured Dromed for these last 100 gold and found a purse that should be attached to a guard but actually is not in the game.

Therefore the purse is "trapped between the worlds" and cannot be obtained. Sorry that I don´t remember the obj_number but I am certain that it was a purse.

Hope that will end your sleepless nights

I remember that I also scoured Dromed for these last 100 gold and found a purse that should be attached to a guard but actually is not in the game.
    I've seen this link problem before several times. The AI "Contains" the purse, but the Link Data is not set to "Belt" but to "Generic Contents" instead.

This would be OK if the AI was a chest, because it could be opened, but you can't "open" an AI. You could say that the guard has swallowed his purse

When an AI is combined with a "Contains" link it counts towards the pickpocket total, so I guess that you will be at least 2 picks short (a Dark Engine bug is responsible for #1).

Just for the record: The purse is object number 1412, and as ffox said, the Contains link is set to Generic Contents instead of Belt.

Ah, that´s where my missing pickpocket is! I only miss one (the Dark Engine bug mentioned above does not occur in Thief 1).

the Dark Engine bug mentioned above does not occur in Thief 1
    Thanks - I didn't know that.

Florian, ffox, and Eshaktaar,

Thanks for the explanation of the missing loot.

jiansonz,

That purse doesn't explain a missing pocket. I got all of 7 of 7 pockets and still came up short in loot. You can miss a pocket by BJing an AI and taking the item or loot after he is down.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd
    That purse doesn't explain a missing pocket. I got all of 7 of 7 pockets and still came up short in loot.
    All the more reason for me to replay it some other time.
    (It was a long time ago I did the actual playing on the saved games I used for loot-hunting. I falsely assumed I scored all the pickpocket opportunities I encountered).

Thanks for that tip on how to get out of the
    spoiler:
    "nugget trap".
    I could also do it as you described!

So now we know: we did get it all.

When an AI is combined with a "Contains" link it counts towards the pickpocket total
    I came to this (obviously wrong - sorry) conclusion because of a zombie in a TMA FM with an unfrobbable bone on his belt. When I deleted the "contains" link the pickpockets available total went down one.

Hmmm - so does T1/Gold always get the picks right whilst T2 is very buggy, or is it more complicated than that?

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd
    After 6:20 game play and probably 10 hours clock time, I came up 100 short, too. I have a fairly descriptive loot list. Please e-mail me, and I'll send the list to you. Let me know if you can read Excel, its native format. If not, I can reformat it to a format you want, including Word and HTML.
    Convert it to HTML and send your lootlist to epithumia at Thiefmissions.com so that all taffers may benefit from your hard work.

Work in progress, stevo. There seems to be a problem with formatting for IE, as ffox has pointed out, and which he has graciously offered to fix. When that is sorted, I'll send it on to Jason (epithumia).

The loot list is at thiefmissions, here. Thanks, Jason.

I think it has been about six months, maybe longer, since I last visited these forums. How gratifying to find on the first page a post about the only mission I made. I would have sworn that all the loot was lootable, but you have done some great sleuthing, and it looks like I did have a goof.

I'm very glad you enjoyed the gameplay in this mission. I know my architecture isn't as creative and, well, beautifully done as many many other missions, but my objective was to make it fun to play. I learned so much when I made it....most of which I have long forgotten.

Anyway, thanks for the nice surprise.

I just looked over your loot list. In the bar at the basement of the brothel is a swimming pool. I remember putting something in there, but perhaps I took it out. Anyway, I didn't see anything from that pool on your list, so probably I remember incorrectly.

Thanks for stopping by, Ithel. You succeeded admirably in your goal. Hush Hush Sweet Harlot is a terrific mission for game play and all around fun. The vertical aspects and the problems of getting into and up to different areas are excellent. Game play is much more important than architecture. Although others recently have done more spectacular and realistic architecture, yours is certainly good enough. Three cheers for a classic mission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast