TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Homo Arbor FM - 2005.02.25

That was a fun mission. I liked the different graphics and objects such as the glassware loot. It was nice not having to screw with my monitor's gamma to see although some shadows would have been better. Dislikes - unfrobbable doors and difficulty frobbing some switches and books even after finding them.

Ghost
    All right; thanks to Albert and others, I got the weapon. Now I'm just short on loot -- I have 2887 with 3000 needed and 3137 the max. Stuff I've gotten so far:

spoiler:
    The stash below the city watch station; the 200 gp in the rich guy's house; all the visible stuff in that house and in the lady's house next door; all the visible stuff (unless I missed something obvious) in de Winter's house, downstairs and up, including the candlestick behind the curtain in the room Lady de Winter is in; the wine bottle at the drunk guard's feet, as well as the one in his hand; the purse on the stationary guard. Probably other loot that I just don't recall at the moment.

Edit: Per Norman Druart and DirtyOldMan below, I also got the modern "art" paintings.

I only need 113 more to finish out, and 250 to max out. Any suggestions, something you remember that I didn't mention above?

Thanks,

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 1st Mar 2005 at 21:59.

Did you grab De Winter's paintings?

spoiler:
    The "modern art" paintings in the corridor near the dining room?

Ghost
    Did you grab De Winter's paintings?
    Oops, yeah, forgot to mention that I already got those. I'll edit my post above to include mention of them.

More! More! There must be more! How about stuff before the swim? Did I miss something critical there? If so, is it even possible to go back and get it?

250 left; that's huge. That can't be a coin here or there; I must have missed something gargantuan! Did the monkey swallow a ring? Is Basso wearing a tiara? Is de Winter wearing golden booties?

Dafydd

Well...what about one of the houses you burglarize at the beginning? There was a
    spoiler:
    wine bottle I easily missed behind a bunch of regular green bottles. Also in one those houses, there are two jeweled swords above a fireplace. Since such objects are not usually loot, you may have missed them.

Ghost
    Thanks, Metal Dawn; I saw those and even went up to them; but since they didn't frob, I assumed they were just decoration (like the sword display in the trophy room of All Torc). The ones in Homo Arbor must just have a very short frob radius.

I'll go back for them, and thanks again!

Edit: Ah, finally. With the purse from the spawned guard, the two swords, and a picture I had missed in the house of the lady of swords, I was finally able to finish -- still 110 short, but that's all right.

I still wonder about that big, purple, unfrobbable vase in the man's house. Should be loot. Also, did I miss a rope arrow? Or is there none in the mission? I saw a couple of places where it looked as if I could get into a house if I had a rope arrow. For example, right across the street from the rich man's house, balcony, looks like a frobbable door and a room behind it. But I didn't start with a rope arrow, and I never found one en route.

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 1st Mar 2005 at 23:40.

Loot list near complete

Playing this FM again on Expert and I created a rough draft of a loot list. With help from this FM I was able to find all the loot.
    My rough draft has
    spoiler:
    out of
    spoiler:
    loot found. If anyone is interested in it, I have it in .txt format.
    Minor math totals in it, but the final total is accurate.
    Albert

Loot list now complete

Ran through it again and I now have a complete loot list for this FM.

I just finished this mission and it's gorgeous! Very nice to look at, fun to play with an interesting storyline. All round fun, IMHO. Got all the loot, too, thanks to a little bit of help from Abert's loot list.

N.W.

what took you so long? thought you would have been one of the first to finish a new fm!!

Just finished: a very very nice mission!!

My congratulation to the author :-D

I played this mission on expert. After completing all objectives, other than leave i decided to re-enter city watch.
    spoiler:
    I happened to miss the switch in the safe and when I frobbed it, a gaurd spawned from nowhere on the front steps.
    Now I was able to get everyone in the mission, but metal head. Is this a bug, or is this event trigger, if you dont get armoury key. It was pretty difficult without water arrows I tell you. Nice mission thou

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenus1
    I played this mission on expert. After completing all objectives, other than leave i decided to re-enter city watch.
    spoiler:
    I happened to miss the switch in the safe and when I frobbed it, a gaurd spawned from nowhere on the front steps.
    Now I was able to get everyone in the mission, but metal head. Is this a bug, or is this event trigger, if you dont get armoury key. It was pretty difficult without water arrows I tell you. Nice mission thou
    I believe the guard at the watch station door appears if you
    spoiler:
    find and loot the secret stash in the sleeping quarters.

I just finished it, and I must say Homo Arbor is a beautiful mission. One of the best I've seen for architecture, custom objects, and detail. Great map, too. Very enjoyable.

I had some difficulty with the short frob distances, in many places, and the tight loot count. I managed to ghost the whole thing other than the Laboratory. I got a little carried away in there. I also had a problem with
    spoiler:
    the bed not moving. I had thrown a bed roll and a deck of cards against it. I kept hearing grinding noises and nothing would happen. I had to relocate both of those items before the bed would move. It took me a long time to discover the solution to that problem. If you ever edit this mission, I suggest you remove those items from that room or give the motor more horsepower.
    Anyway, the mission is great. Keep up the good work.

I just finished this one ( my mainboard fried half way through on the first run ) . Despite the linear gameplay this was a great little mission . The one drawback for me would be the backyard torch , as the location didn't seem to hinted at and the door it opens was completly flush with the wall . It's always nice to play the mission , then visit the forums .

Quote Originally Posted by bdkl
    The one drawback for me would be the backyard torch , as the location didn't seem to hinted at and the door it opens was completly flush with the wall . It's always nice to play the mission , then visit the forums .
    There is a hint in the scroll you cn pick off the front door guard, it*s just not too obvious. Maybe that's to do with differrent "cultural backgrounds" as I do have some trouble comprehending hints in American-made missions

HEEELLLPPP!

I cant even start-no gates opened cant find swits-or lever Im trying 2 days .only 1 men with strong helmet stays life...and here tips painted blue
    so maybe som1 please give me not blue tip

Quote Originally Posted by linnuke
    I cant even start-no gates opened cant find swits-or lever Im trying 2 days .only 1 men with strong helmet stays life...and here tips painted blue
    so maybe som1 please give me not blue tip
    Where are you? If you are at the beginning, you can't get through the main gate.
    spoiler:
    Return to the bridge and take a look around
    Spoiler'd. Sorry. I have to or I'll I might ruin it for someone else, vague a hint though it might be.
    Last edited by metal dawn; 6th Mar 2005 at 20:53.

@ linnuke:

Simply click on the blue tips and hold the left mouse-button and mark the hidden text. This will make it visible.

Big Thanks For Answers

Finally i can muve on Thanks you All

I found out that the unfrobbable purple vase one comes across in a house after leaving the well can be destroyed with the sword (probably BJ too). Not that this helps your mission at all, though.

Excellent mission I missed 10 loot so I'm gonna have another go (it was 20 but one of the hints made me look again) Thanx Aville

Really seriously cries out for a rope arrow in places I was just itching to get on the rooftops

And I managed to
    spoiler:
    get through the little window in the watch storage room, the one with the three boxes and non opening doors
    but I just ended up in a place I couldn't get out of so I guess I wasn't supposed to be there

spoiler:
    There's a breakaway section of railing on the bridge is there? I saw the bit about bridge repairs but I managed to jump/run up a section of wall which had a small gap and got in the water that way, I shall try smashing my way through the railing next time

Lots of fun just wish there weren't quite so many non functional doors, I always want to see the other side oh and rooftops I need to get on rooftops

Oh did anyone pick up the
    spoiler:
    suckling pig ?

Try it and see what happens when you drop it ?

I have to get out more

i need help...I need 13 loot to complete the mission I cant find it anywhere.

Ive found the candlestick, the picture, the swords, the bottle in the bin, the bottle on the shelves, the paintings...please help

Quote Originally Posted by the one true thief
    i need help...I need 13 loot to complete the mission I cant find it anywhere.

Ive found the candlestick, the picture, the swords, the bottle in the bin, the bottle on the shelves, the paintings...please help
    I have a Loot List, but don't see any 13 value in loot. There are 3 coin purses in the City Watch basement (secret location) which adds up to an odd 115 loot count.
    Albert

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast