TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Homo Arbor FM - 2005.02.25

where could I get your loot-list ?

on my way back up the stairs (from the ____ at the end of the mission) Garrett said "What the-?" for absolutely no reason...

... any ideas?

(I didn't think it was worth spoilering... how do you do embedded spoiler tags, the ones that don't make a new line for it?)

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants
    on my way back up the stairs (from the ____ at the end of the mission) Garrett said "What the-?" for absolutely no reason...

... any ideas?

(I didn't think it was worth spoilering... how do you do embedded spoiler tags, the ones that don't make a new line for it?)
    @ spoilers: There should be a blue button with a white "s" in the middle.
    @GarrettQuiptm: I'm not sure. I could have been misplaced.
    spoiler:
    Maybe it was meant to be trigger when Garrett entered the enclosure and saw the mutated version of Basso. I hate that bastard de Winter. I KO'ed him and locked him in the freezer. Ahhh. Justice.

no, I understand how to do spoilers with the S button, but that makes a new line for it like the one you just made...

I'm trying to figure out how to just make the specific words covered, like DaffyDD's post on the last page.

I guess this realy isn't the place for that discussion, though

You don't have use the button, just type what you want, then type
    [ SPOILER ] in front of and [ /SPOILER ] behind the text you want to hide (no spaces). I had to put spaces or I would have activated the spoiler tags.

experiment #1: Using the Button
    I'm putting it on the same line, and
    spoiler:
    this is hidden text using the button

experiment #2: Using Metal Dawn's Method
    Also on the same line, to see if it's embedded or not,
    spoiler:
    this is text hidden using the MD method

...and both turned out the same... they both use the same html (?), so I guess it isn't surprising.

How did DaffyDD do it?

Quote Originally Posted by the one true thief
    where could I get your loot-list ?
    Just e-mail me and ask for it. It is in MS Excel format.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants
    experiment #2: Using Metal Dawn's Method
    It's not my method, it's just a manual alternative to what the button does automatically.

*looks up at writing* I talk too much.
    EDIT: I answered before I read your whole statement...
    EDIT 2: ...more than once.
    Last edited by metal dawn; 10th Apr 2005 at 21:05.
    "Bin gar keine Russin, stamm' aus Litauen, echt deutsch." *
    --Thomas Stearns Eliot
    *There's nothing Russian about me, I'm from Lithuania, and German through and through.

To cover just a specific word or phrase with spoiler cover, type [spoil] text you want to cover [/spoil} but make that last bracket square.

Quote Originally Posted by Abert
    Just e-mail me and ask for it. It is in MS Excel format.
    Ooops...I meant MS Word format. Saved it as a .txt file also, but now sure if the formating crossed over.
    Albert

I'm having problems with this

spoiler:
    cave. I get in there, turn around and get up to the air space, then go back down. If I head East, there's a dead end. West takes me back out to the beginning water area. Am I to go somewhere in the air space area? There seems to be a bit of a ledge, but I can't get Garrett to jump up on it.

If someone can help, please add directions if you can....East, west, etc. Thanks
    Java bibo, ergo carus, sed tremo malum.
    I drink coffee, therefore I am lovable, but twitchy as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by MissyH
    I'm having problems with this

spoiler:
    cave. I get in there, turn around and get up to the air space, then go back down. If I head East, there's a dead end. West takes me back out to the beginning water area. Am I to go somewhere in the air space area? There seems to be a bit of a ledge, but I can't get Garrett to jump up on it.

If someone can help, please add directions if you can....East, west, etc. Thanks
    It is there. As you go up, turn around and you should see the ledge to climb on. Not always easy, but it can be done.
    If I remember the right FM anyway.
    Albert

I finished this before starting the Den but went back last night to get the loot I was missing. Thanks Abert for the help, I found it all.

But what I also found was that the guard standing outside the entrance to the house who I'd bjd on my first exit, kept returning to his original position from where I'd put him, every time I went in the house and came out again. Still unconscious but still trying to do his guarding bit. A very dedicated guard!

Kitchen???

Okay, I give up. I searched the kitchen for a loooooong time with no results. I assume we're talking about DeWinter's kitchen. I need a spoiler please.
    Really good and tricky level.

How do I
    spoiler:
    kill Basso please? I shot him with the ice arrow, but it only froze him up for a few seconds. Regular arrows don't seem to do the trick, nor does trying to whack him with my sword.
    Thanks in advance.

If I remember right you need to

spoiler:
    whack him with your sword when he is frozen by the ice-arrow

hee hee!

a wanted poster? for lil ole ME!!! aww, ya should'nt have!!
    (nice to be wanted tho!)
    also nice place to dump my ko's:
    right under the damn thing!

i think the amount on the poster is due to increase quite soon!

Like 20,000!

Well, as i always say, in for a penny, in for a pound!
    (or in this case, about 2,000 pounds - of flesh!)

oh, to anyone who is getting confused at my thread necromancy - simple solution - if you don't remember that the FM title is an old one all on your own - then just consider - i am relatively new to these FMs - so pretty much any FM thread i post in is NOT a new FM!
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 9th Nov 2009 at 14:50.

T2 Homo arbour

Anyone know of a rope arrow near the start of this FM? - there are two houses which look like you can only get in through upper storey. Also - i've tried getting through the small window in the storage shed to use the water way garret said was a 'backdoor' but with no luck. Can you only get into de winters mansion through the front door?
    tia paddy xx

I can't say I really remember this very well but I read through most of the thread and Ricebug's hints. There is no mention of a rope arrow and there are a number of posts from people wishing they had one so I think you can safely assume there aren't any and you're not supposed to get up into those buildings.

I'm not sure about how to get into de Winter's mansion. I can't check as my saves for this mission have mysteriously vanished over the years. I plan to replay it at some point but not tonight. I was going to suggest getting Ricebug's walkthrough/hint book for 2005 but apparently his site isn't open for downloads at the moment. If you don't have that particular one and you'd like it, email me and I'll send the section about this mission to you.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I was going to suggest getting Ricebug's walkthrough/hint book for 2005 but apparently his site isn't open for downloads at the moment.
    Ricebug's walkthroughs/hint books.

I'm brain dead right now....

I have the Ice Arrow but how on earth do I use it??? I'm in the cage behind Basso, I've tried dropping it and using it, but nothing happens. How do I use it? (Please don't let it be simple! )

Read post #91 on this page.

I mean that I can't use the Ice Arrow. I can't equip it. It doesn't show up on the left where the weapons show, it's showing up on the right, where the other items are.

Perhaps use the + function on the numeric board to let it show up on the left.
    I always just used them, from my inventory.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

is there some download link ?

Thanks

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast