TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 22 of 59 FirstFirst ... 27121718192021222324252627323742475257 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW? - Community WIP thread

Quote Originally Posted by bukary
    It says: "Dead" next to my screenshots. My project is by no means dead! New screenshots soon...
    fixed
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

I wouldn't worry about it, since I'm not exactly breaking new ground with the city+cathedral concept. I'm sort of worried that I might hit a limit somewhere given the detail I'm putting into this thing, but it hasn't occurred yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt
    I'm sort of worried that I might hit a limit somewhere given the detail I'm putting into this thing, but it hasn't occurred yet.
    Now that kind of attitude I'll applaud

Bad news from me... I wanted to change the size of a partition with partition magic, which always worked perfectly, but my pc broke down during the procedure. I am trying to recover the files now with various tools, but I didn't have any success until now. Lets hope the best!!! After 5 months of work I don't have the motivation to start all over again and I am pretty depressed because of that... Should've made backups before... But as I said, I did that many times before and everything was fine, so I thought that there's no need for backups. I'll keep you up to date...

Oh jeez.

I am so sorry dude.

So sorry for your troubles. I hope you can save your work. Just the thought of something like that happening gives me the shivers! I'm backing up my stuff now!

I know how you feel, STiFU I had to reinstall things a few times since I went back to running windows

Last week I was redoing the network around the house & somehow windows totally corrupted the file system on one drive, so windows explorer slowed down to a crawl Luckily it wasn't my system drive, or the drive t3ed resides on. I did have to reinstall a few applications that were on that drive.

Ouch. My computer froze up last weekend and refused to boot up again. I was afraid I'd lost everything, but I eventually managed to get it to boot into safe mode and it seems to have fixed itself somehow. I'm sort of paranoid about this thing dying on me, so I've backed up some of the more important stuff.

I hope you manage to get something back.

I tried to fetch the files with filescavenger, but It didn't really work. But Getdataback seems to work fine!! Some files are longterm damaged but I think my map will still be openable. I woun't promise you anything though! At last, there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

I will reinstall t3ed after recovering my files. Are there anymore files than the t3game.sys, the user.ini, my map file and my smeshes that will have to be backuped? Don't think so, but just to make sure, you know!

Trigger scripts.

Take the whole directory - it's easier.

Might want the conversations too, just for the convenience if you've set mission objectives and the like

The files are partly corrupted. The most recent .unr file isn't openable at all and my smeshes don't work neither. I had to remove them from the folder, because otherwise my map didn't load at all. When I opened the static mesh browser i got a viktoria error saying the the t3ed.pdb is missing. I didn't find that file in my backups, so i think i'll just have to recompile the smeshes. (Let's hope the sourcefiles are still working). Now after loading t3ed lists what kind of things are missing. Take a look at the screen(I was too lazy to type):

Do you have any ideas how I could reconstruct which exact archetypes are missing? The best thing would probably be pure testing... And does anyone have this t3ed.pdb file?

To the mods: I know this is offtopic, but we were talking about my dataloss anyway, so I thought "no need for an extra thread".

I checked, and I don't have a copy. My guess is that's it's asking for one of these, which would mean you'd need to have the source code handy if you wanted a copy of that file.

Were you able to restore your T3Gamesys.T3U? I'm pretty sure that's where you'll find the missing archtypes. They are probably your EnterMissionInfo, DifficultyInfo, ExitMissionInfo and any other custom archtypes you made.

Also, if you can get the map tp open and try to save it, you should be prompted to save a "deorphaned" version. You'll lose all your custom stuff, but you'll save the basic map.
    Last edited by nomad of the pacific; 4th Mar 2006 at 21:40.

As is said i copied the t3gamesys.t3u files from my backup into my new t3ed directory. All of them, but they seem to be corrupted partly, so I will have to rebuild some of my archtypes by hand. (Many of them work fine though)

Sorry. I should have read farther back before posting.

Does anyone of you taffers know where the smesh's material settings are saved? I have added other textures to many smeshes and I hope that these settings aren't saved in the smeshfile itself, because I have a feeling that most of those files are corrupted in my backups. Do I have to retexture all the smeshes now?

Quote Originally Posted by STiFU
    Does anyone of you taffers know where the smesh's material settings are saved? I have added other textures to many smeshes and I hope that these settings aren't saved in the smeshfile itself, because I have a feeling that most of those files are corrupted in my backups. Do I have to retexture all the smeshes now?
    It's in the smeshes themselves if you retextured them from the editor. When one of my t3ed installs got corrupted I had to move my fm content to my tweaked t3ed & I lost all the custom materials on smeshes. Also when I zipped up the some smeshes for distribution I could use the smeshes from the zip but I could not add textures to the smesh through the zip file.

Damn so I will have to retexture all the Static meshes... But at least the map and most of the archetypes are still there. I should be more thankful

Edit: Just a tiny update. The source files were only partly in a good state, but after all I only have to rebuild one of the semi complex smeshes. I am really happy that i dont have to do that hangman again... Didn't hack into the archetypes until now though, but I think it woun't be that hard to do it anyway...
    Last edited by STiFU; 6th Mar 2006 at 16:21.

I have rough sketch of Crystal Clear II, but I'm actually pissed about all this grumbling, "end of T3Ed stuff", etc. So there goes the screenshot: implementing SpeedTreeRT in Thief: Deadly Shadows

And a movie (windows media format):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WR6Y3KNV

Wow, someone could get very lost in there! The fog looks particularly cool.

As for the T3Ed stuff, well I think it's up to us to prove that the engine IS capable of top quality FMs. T3 split the community, so it's not surprising that the FMs are doing the same.

Haha using speedtree is indeed a fantastic idea!!! Good work... How many polys does one of those "beasts" have now? And is it possible to create palmtrees with that tool too? I am still dreaming of a caribean inspired FM... Hmn. I could do the same with Vue which features palm trees for sure. Would just have to limit the polys very much...

That video looks absolutely great. Sure there'd be need for some more lightning, but the fog and the trees create a very nice atmosphere yet.
    Last edited by STiFU; 12th Mar 2006 at 13:53.

Just in case someone else doesn't get the joke - it's a pure T3Ed work Of course there's some max modelling to be done - mainly terrain and "walls". For now it's just a fun, pushing T3ed to its limits. For now I have 3579 SM's in here, and everything works absolutely fine! I managed to build three glades connected with "forest paths"

Glade 1: 3200 x 5760 uu

Glade 2: 2048 x 2048 uu

Glade 3: 4096 x 4096 uu

Everything on one map, of course.

Nice! Maybe that forest FM I was thinking about making might be possible after all...

I was wondering before if billboard grass might be possible to make with the particle editor, but I haven't really played with particles much so I couldn't say.

Damn now you got me.... But that would be a good idea anyway. I mean the size of a fm would increase vastly but basically its totally possible!!

Maybe, but it was just a joke anyway . More important is:

well I think it's up to us to prove that the engine IS capable of top quality FMs. T3 split the community, so it's not surprising that the FMs are doing the same.
    Exactly! Time to make some good stuff here. Maybe I'm too optimistic but while dealing with T3ed problems, I believe there's always a workaround..

Btw. Another "forest run" takes about 3:30 minutes now, and the total actor count is 4305

[Edit] It's over 5000 now and still stable, but I'm too tired to go on..
    Last edited by Judith; 12th Mar 2006 at 18:22.

Page 22 of 59 FirstFirst ... 27121718192021222324252627323742475257 ... LastLast