TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 23 of 86 FirstFirst ... 38131819202122232425262728333843485358636873 ... LastLast

Thread: Please ask your basic (newbie) questions in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardic
    I've copied my level to another computer with the editor and all the smeshes I shrunk now have their collision hulls back. I think I tried finding and setting the property but never had any luck with it.
    I had the same problem when I applied a different texture to a smesh then copied my level to another T3Ed install. T3Ed actually alters the smeshs' properties after you change them in the browser so you probably could have copied the smeshes from the original computer.

One way to check is using explorer & browse in Details mode, click on the Modified tab so the latest date is at the top & the smeshes you altered should be the latest.

Does anyone know what puddles are? I'm coming across a few settings related to them in the scripting properties (PuddlePriority?), and the only conclusion I've come to is that they probably have nothing to do with water. "Puddle" could be a cute name for a small pool (resource?) of some kind, but that's just a guess and it doesn't help me much.

Does anyone know what puddles are
    Blood, oil, maybe moss? Just guessing, but I think in the actor browser such things are referred to as puddles.

If they're the blood, oil, moss. and water splats, then they're probably particles, so the priority could be which to render over which (so you could force the water to appear on top of some moss).

Maybe. I don't know.

That sounds plausible. I've added the [Properties] that can be changed to the wiki, by the way.

The editor wouldn't let me select more than one at a time, which meant I had to copy and paste them into a text file one by one.

Oh, and I think WeaponVelocity (and maybe StickTargetToWallDistance) could be used to make a bow upgrade, if anyone is feeling silly.
    Last edited by Gestalt; 7th Sep 2005 at 11:53.

Thanks ascottk,

I thought that you changed the check boxes in the browser to none, placed the smesh, then changed it back to Artist or whatever and placed a second smesh. And that the first wouldn't be solid and the second would.

So I can go into the browser, check the boxes to none, Build All, and get rid of the collision hulls. (and make transparent solid BSP where I do want collision)
    Last edited by Bardic; 11th Sep 2005 at 03:50.

face highlights not working in Flesh

I'm having trouble selecting BSP faces in flesh mode in my map ... or rather I can select them, but they don't highlight - and yet in my other map it still works perfectly

I can switch to the normal renderer and then see the highlight but I am on an ATI card and get a system hang when I subtract a brush!

Has anyone else experienced this. I have a bad feeling my map is about to melt or something ...

Administrator
    Try building the flesh BSP, or a full build and see if that helps.

Yeah, that happens. Building tends to fix it.

In other news - I can now playtest with ZoneAlarm on. No reason for the change afaik, I just tried it the other day.

Okay, really basic, but I can't find a Trigger Script Action that will cause damage to the player. I must be just missing it.
    Last edited by joebarnin; 9th Sep 2005 at 23:19.

Another question, this one not so basic. I followed d'Spair's "Basic Mission Tutorial" to set up my objectives and packaging and such. Everything worked fine (a great tutorial!), I can start Thief and select New Game and my mission briefing comes right up! However, when I Start the mission, the message "Playtest Logging Off" displays for a few seconds just as the mission starts. Anyone else see this? Anyone know how to get rid of it?
    Last edited by joebarnin; 9th Sep 2005 at 23:19.

Quote Originally Posted by joebarnin
    However, when I Start the mission, the message "Playtest Logging Off" displays for a few seconds just as the mission starts. Anyone else see this? Anyone know how to get rid of it?
    That's caused by using T3MainOptVersion.exe as your T3Main.exe (it also provides logging for troubleshooting/testing purposes). You can copy the T3MainReleaseVersion instead to get rid of the logs and messages.

Quote Originally Posted by joebarnin
    Okay, really basic, but I can't find a Trigger Script Action that will cause damage to the player. I must be just missing it.
    Here's the action I used:

Apply [0.50] units of [StimulusType_Fire] to linked object(s) [PLAYER]

It's found under the Objects folder

I probably should use more units of stimulus . . .

Locked Doors.

Am I being stupid, or is there no property to prevent a door from being lockpicked (ie you have to find the key)?

Were all the key doors in the OM's lockpickable?

Add Lock>bIsLocked=True and Lock>KeyOpenStr to match your key string. That should make a door that can only be opened by key. If you want a lock on the door (for looks), I'm guessing you can use a RigidAttachment to attach a lock from the static meshes just like you do with the actor locks. As far as I can tell, once you add an actor lock, the door is pickable.

Ah, interesting. I thought you had to have a fully working actor lock for any key-based action. Thanks, I'll remove the locks...

I am useing Komag's tutorial to get T3Ed installed, but I am haveing trouble with one of the steps. In this step-

6) CHANGE EXES (i. installing the editor)
    a) Go to your “Thief3Edit/System” folder and delete the file “T3Main.exe”.
    b) Find the file “T3MainOptVersion.exe” and rename it to “T3Main.exe”.

I am haveing some trouble. I deleted the T3Main.exe, but I can't find the T3MainOptVersion.exe.

I apologize if this question has been asked before, or how newbish it must seam, but I really have tried all I can, even useing the search function on my computer, and all it comes up with is that there is no such file on hand.

Any help you could provide would be welcome.

Autumn,
    When you extract the 300 MB editor zip into your thief3edit folder, it will put several versions of T3Main into that system folder. Did it extract out OK?

Aparently not. All I can see is T3 main. It must have unzipped incorectly. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Re-unzip it seems to be the obvious solution. All the T3Main version are in the \System folder in the zip.

Yeah, I unistalled T3, gonna reinstall and do it all over again. Just one problem. The T3 folder I made won't delete, I get this error message,

EDIT: Ok, the only thing my computer cant get rid off is the unzipped version of the editor. Does anyone know how this can be removed so I can start again? I was able to remove EVERYTHING else. I got rid of all the files in that folder, and all the T3 files, so whats up with this one?

EDIT YET AGAIN: Lol, ok I got rid of the files. While I'm getting back to where I was, can anyone tell me what I did wrong in unzipping last time and how I can do it right this time?
    Last edited by Autumn Eclipse; 10th Sep 2005 at 18:47.

I use something like the free version of winrar or winace, because you can Right-Click and drag the zip file into the Thief3edit folder and choose "extract here"

or, if you extract the files first to their own folder, open the folder the files are in, Select all, Ctrl-C, Open the Thief3edit folder, Ctrl-V, and choose "Yes to all" anytime it asks if you want to overwrite files.

It's odd that the files wouldn't delete, I'm assuming something had them in use, hopefully not something like a virus. Did a restart of the computer fix it?

I may be able to get it to work now. We'll see. But I need some sort of launcher program. Where can I find it? It says Komag has it over at the keep, but I can't seam to find it.

EDIT: Still nothing. What am I doing wrong?
    Huh. I found the file I need, but its only in the unzipped version of the file.
    Last edited by Autumn Eclipse; 10th Sep 2005 at 23:36.

Here's the launcher URL.

Ok, thanks. I found it about a second before you posted. I added the file I needed in the step above from the unzipped file, only place I could find it. Hope thats ok

I got as far as to work the launcher. Isn't loading it though. It starts to load what looks like T3, then crashes.
    Last edited by Autumn Eclipse; 10th Sep 2005 at 23:55.

Page 23 of 86 FirstFirst ... 38131819202122232425262728333843485358636873 ... LastLast