TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 24 of 86 FirstFirst ... 49141920212223242526272829343944495459646974 ... LastLast

Thread: Please ask your basic (newbie) questions in here.

Actor Links?

Whats the deal with Links? I sort of understand rigid-attatchment and triggerscript but theres a wholelotta others. HUDrender, vunerability,PlayerSetupInfo, HitSpang, Ownership etc.

Any chance of someone wikiing up a reference to what they all mean? And how to use them?

I mean, HitSpang, really! Whats a HitSpang?!!

HitSpang is the sound a projectile makes whe it impacts. I think.

Files are still refuseing to extract, no matter what I try. Because of this, editor doesnt work. Anyone have any idea why this isn't working/how I can get it to work?

EDIT: Ok, I think its extracting properly now. We'll see.
    Last edited by Autumn Eclipse; 11th Sep 2005 at 12:19.

Try building the flesh BSP, or a full build and see if that helps.
    Well I should've mentioned that building, building all etc. has no effect
    I also have no off-grid bsps

I can revert to an earlier map where this it is not happening, but then I would loose a lot of work!

Any clue as to how I fix it ... what should I be looking at, bsp, meshes ... ?

cheers

Nevermind, fixed it!

Seems turning either bDistanceFog or bFogZone to True in the Level Proporties messes up the selection highlight.

Could someone confirm this on another system? If so I will look at adding a note on the wiki about it ...

It seems the preview when fog is enabled turns everything the color of the fog. I had a warning about it:
    Quote Originally Posted by ascottk
    WARNING: when the fog settings on your level is set to zero, all you see is the color of your fog when you Toggle Flesh Render Output. If you want to tweak your lights then disable fog in the level properties.

ok, now I'm getting pissed. It all unzipped fine, but still no T3MainOptVersion.exe outside the unzipped file.

WARNING: when the fog settings on your level is set to zero, all you see is the color of your fog when you Toggle Flesh Render Output. If you want to tweak your lights then disable fog in the level properties.
    Not sure this was quite the same. My fog was set up quite nicely, and rendering correctly in flesh, and I didn't notice any adverse effects on the lighting, it was just that when I selected the face of a bsp I didn't get the blue highlight ...

.. maybe it varies according to graphic cards?? I'm using a Radeon9800pro.

YES! After about 6 tries it finnally unzipped corectly. Well, if all goes well, I'm off to try my hand at some T3Ed, later all

Welcome to hell!

Seriously though, welcome to T3Ed-ing. Even if you've used Unreal Ed before make sure you read up on T3Ed as it's similar but quite different.

False alarm. The files were sucsessfully extracted, but now when I go to launch T3Ed, nothing happens. As opposed to it loading regular T3 and crashing like it has lately.

I would like it if someone could help me in this, but I doubt it. My computer really doesn't want me to design levels

Quote Originally Posted by str8g8
    .. maybe it varies according to graphic cards?? I'm using a Radeon9800pro.
    I have a geforce 4 ti 4200 (Gainward GeForce4 Ultra/650 XP VIVO Golden Sample or somesuch)

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Eclipse
    False alarm. The files were sucsessfully extracted, but now when I go to launch T3Ed, nothing happens. As opposed to it loading regular T3 and crashing like it has lately.

I would like it if someone could help me in this, but I doubt it. My computer really doesn't want me to design levels
    Honestly I'd have to look at your installation (hands on stuff but that's hard to do over the internet). The next best thing to do is tell us all the steps you've taken to get this far. Also posting your computer specs would help a lot too. What kind of cpu & the speed, how much ram, what kind of video/sound card, if your running a firewall or not (I think T3Ed needs a free port open in order to operate), etc.

Ok, my firewall situation is ok. I've had it off when I've tried before. Here are some basic specs,

Video card is is an ALL-WONDER 9800 SERIES.

As for the steps I followed, I did everything in 'Installing the Editor' and everything before it in Komag's tutorial.

It's odd the firewall thing. When T3Ed first came out I couldn't test maps with the firewall on so I had to shut it and my net connection down each time.

Now it works fine.

And now I've had some odd experiences with some smeshes. Is anyone else finding that some of them are not walkable when they should be? I'm trying to put a spiral staircase in without bsp and I set up a nice one but Garrett slides off it!

When you destroy a crate (for example, by hitting it repeatedly with your dagger), there's an animation that is played (including a sound). Is there anyway of applying that animation to the destruction of another object? Where does the animation come from? Several weeks ago I think I stumbled across the answer but for the life of me I can't figure it out now.

Quote Originally Posted by joebarnin
    When you destroy a crate (for example, by hitting it repeatedly with your dagger), there's an animation that is played (including a sound). Is there anyway of applying that animation to the destruction of another object? Where does the animation come from? Several weeks ago I think I stumbled across the answer but for the life of me I can't figure it out now.
    Flinderize links. From the object that's destroyed to the flinders (near the bottom of the actor browser). If you want to get really fancy use a rigidattachment link from the flinders to another archetype. Zombie flinders by themselves are not great but if you create separate archetypes--not under the flinders parents--of those same meshes as rigid attachments then you almost have something worthy of T1 & 2.

What the ?!?!? (side note): Something going on with the forum? This was my first reply in over an hour but I couldn't submit it. It said I'm only allowed to reply only once every 30 seconds. When that time passed it said my reply was a duplicate?
    Last edited by ascottk; 17th Sep 2005 at 02:12.

Howdy

I am curious if there is a way within the editor to change(invert?) a static mesh such as MEDcurvrailA. When standing at the bottom of a staircase looking up MEDcurvrailA runs up and curves to the right. So I wonder if there is a setting or something that would let me make it curve up to the left?

I looked at MEDcurvrailB but it is not the same curve, it is much more drastic. CIVrailsincurvA/rev is a possibility, I still have play with those some more.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by THX1138
    Howdy

I am curious if there is a way within the editor to change(invert?) a static mesh such as MEDcurvrailA. When standing at the bottom of a staircase looking up MEDcurvrailA runs up and curves to the right. So I wonder if there is a setting or something that would let me make it curve up to the left?

I looked at MEDcurvrailB but it is not the same curve, it is much more drastic. CIVrailsincurvA/rev is a possibility, I still have play with those some more.

Thanks
    I found a staircase with no matching side so I ended up making the staircases out of bsp.

Uhg,
    I was afraid of that.
    When I tried to do a flanged staircase BSP it locked my whole system.
    And on a different staircase BSP, when I moved the points to make it smooth on the bottom, it made hall of mirror like effects appear in places throughout the room along the BSP's planes.
    Well I will figure something out.
    In DromEd to make cool curves, I was not opposed to spending large amounts of time on grid 1 making tiny little
    adjustments to small brushes till it was as smooth as it could be. It looked great, but the polys would dissappear in the open views.

Scripting problem

Hi, i'm trying to make a volume triggered script which makes a couple of guards attack an npc. I can't recall any such scripted moments in the OM's, so could someone point me in the right direction?

I think i might have found the right scripts now, but i just need to know how to change the faction GUID of my NPCs.
    Last edited by Bho; 21st Sep 2005 at 02:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Bho
    Hi, i'm trying to make a volume triggered script which makes a couple of guards attack an npc. I can't recall any such scripted moments in the OM's, so could someone point me in the right direction?
    Before the volume is triggered the npcs are the same faction. When the volume is triggered then the npc that needs to be atacked switches to the faction the other npcs hate. I think there's scripts that can do it under the AI folder.

I got this to work for a massive-scale war, hee hee!

When linked Volumes [triggerscript:volumelink] are breached by [category_player]

AI changes faction disposition to hostile with AI at the end of link attachment [Triggerscript:enemy] and VICE VERSA

It might not be those exact words, but it's very similar.

Thanks guys, i think i'm almost there with the following script:
    Conditions:
    When linked volume(s) MYSELF are breached by {Category Player}

Actions:
    Set[Disposition vs Faction2] to [Disposition Fearful] on linked objects of [TriggerScript: Bully1]
    Set[Disposition vs Faction1] to [Disposition Hostile] on linked objects of [TriggerScript: Bully2]

I just don't get how to assign my guards to faction one, and the npc to faction two.

There's a property on the actors somewhere - I think it's called AIFactionModel or something similar.

(Tip: If you select all of the property categories on the left side of the Add Property window, all of the properties in the editor get displayed at once in the right side. Handy when you're looking for properties in unknown categories.)

Page 24 of 86 FirstFirst ... 49141920212223242526272829343944495459646974 ... LastLast