TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 71 of 86 FirstFirst ... 212631364146515661666768697071727374757681 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2129

Thread: Please ask your basic (newbie) questions in here.

I've fixed both problems. The schema had pan set to '0, 90' so I changed it to '0, 0' like a few other schemas have and it works fine.
    The bsp hole vanished upon creating a new zone. I don't know what was up with T3ed because the last thing I made was a volume and I'm sure Krypt said they do not affect the environment like regular bsp brushes.

I don't know anything advanced about bsp, Tiens, but whenever I build a new brush I turn on the Flesh renderer, click the fullbright button, press 'w' to hide all static meshes and take a look over the whole mission. You can see the bsp holes this way.

Thanks,

SS

I tried playing DS recently but it wouldn't load. I tried installing it in Garrettloader and playing from there but it would not load either. I then opened the Thief3 Launcher and clicked on 'Launch Thief3' and it worked, except it was playing the debug mode of the game (but with sound). I'm getting 10-20fps and all these weird messages onscreen.
    I made a script in T3Ed to show whether a body was dead or unconscious and it was displaying that in the game also.
    I deleted all the junk T3Ed puts in the DS folder in My Documents and it would load up to the title screen and then crash when I tried playing a saved game.
    I test my missions using the 'Send to Xbox' command, not debug mode, any ideas why it's being so weird?
    Thanks,
    SS

...except that you might have messed up something by changing the T3 directory while the editor was "activated" ...no.

You could try to compare the files (maps, scripts, inis) and see if there are any changes. In the worst case, if I were you, I'd activate T3, un-install and completely erase it and install it into the very same folder.

jtr7
    Has anyone ever turned this bad boy into a texture or window object?

I asked here, too:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...21#post1820421

It would be easy enough if you had the whole image but the right edge is cut off. I tried making some new stained glass for T3Ed but there is a setting or attribute you have to give it so it is unaffected by lighting, making it look illuminated in the darkness, and I don't know what that is.

SS

Someone able to draw these things would surely be able to do so, but at least such canon fodder as I am would use it only in a mission featuring Constantine's mansion. Or in some sophisticated pagan environment. Luckily that's none of the things troubeling my mind right now.

I just saw this motor bike licence plate lying around:

By the way, has anyone figured out the less obvious texture/matlib abbreviations yet? UND or HSE for instance?

I assumed UND was 'underground'. All those textures appear in the sewer section of the pagan mission.

SS

I'm not sure whether it's obvious or not, but HH seems to stand for Haunted House, i.e. The Cradle.
    Will help with modelling, texturing and T1/2-style cut-scenes | Thief-related videos |Photoblog

Given the map names, this is relatively easy, same goes for CAStle, KEePers, PAGans, MED(ieval? usually goes along with Keepers), DUNgeon, TENement, DOCks etc... Underground sounds good, strange I didn't think of it myself.

HSE textures appear in the Docks, Ramien's "shop" etc., Old Quarter in general...

Hammerite Sunny Emporium?
    Will help with modelling, texturing and T1/2-style cut-scenes | Thief-related videos |Photoblog

Handsome stuff eh?

Crashing while loading *.unr's

Hello everyone, I started yesterday to make T3Ed working' and I did it after I changed some registry entries but now I have another problem with T3Ed, when I want to load a map (ex: Castle1.unr) Windows will give a "don't send" error, but when I try to open a TutorialX.unr it's okay.
    What should I do? Is it because I have integrated video (Intel 82945G) and low ram (1 Giga)?
    Thank you and have a nice day!
    [LE] When I was looking in the editor's folder i found a *.log file named Bad Geometry.
    Geometry::shrink() - Could not completely shrink KeeperAssassinShoulderR.
    The smallest edge is 0.377713 units.
    The smallest edge must be no less than 0.524934 units
    Geometry::shrink() - Could not completely shrink KeeperAssassinShoulderL.
    The smallest edge is 0.377713 units.
    Geometry::shrink() - Could not completely shrink Eyepatch_Fat.
    The smallest edge is 0.217520 units.
    Geometry::shrink() - Could not completely shrink Buns.
    The smallest edge is 0.092303 units.
    Physics Geometry Error! Errors were found for Actor StaticMeshActor__2792's physics volume!
    Static mesh GENsknDOORFRMarc4x10full has physics flag set to: Artist Generated Hull Collision Representation
    The following errors have been found:
    Geometry is non-convex!

Physics Geometry Error! Errors were found for Actor SingleSheetofPaper__1's physics volume!
    Static mesh GENiGOODSpaper has physics flag set to: Artist Generated Hull Collision Representation
    Geometry is non-convex!
    Vertices exist that are used by fewer than three triangles!
    Edges exist that are not used exactly two times, each time in opposite directions!
    Geometry is not fully connected!

Geometry::shrink() - Could not completely shrink GENiGOODSpaper.
    The smallest edge is 0.158000 units.
    Physics Geometry Error! Errors were found for Actor StaticMeshActor__122's physics volume!
    Static mesh CIVinFOUNTAIN has physics flag set to: Artist Generated Hull Collision Representation
    Geometry is non-convex!
    [/LE]
    Last edited by by2tza; 1st Mar 2009 at 08:33.

The logs are usually full of error messages, so you have to look hard if there is a serious one.

What's your system and did you use Komag's tutorial to set up the editor?

Third, welcome to the T3ed Guild.

Yes I used Komag' tutorial but it was an error when I tried to load a map (ex: Castle1.unr) and when I loaded tutorial1.unr was ok.
    My system is :

Processor : Intel Celeron 2.0 Ghz
    Memory : 1 GB RAM DDR 2
    Video Card : see in my first post
    That's all, I know is weak but....
    Last edited by by2tza; 2nd Mar 2009 at 07:53.

I've got two things I'd like some of you to try if you find the time. One for everybody, the second for those who already have a finished FM.

1. Save your work in any map, re-skin a static mesh, but instead of adding the new skin, open the small "change skin" menu but close it with Cancel. Tell me what T3Ed does.

2. Open your FM in T3Ed and debug mode, open the console and type in dumpinternalpropinfo to get those values in the t3main.log. Save them somewhere. Now try to delete lots of brushes and navmesh volumes; all those things which are already "built". Create gmp/ibt files, get the property storage count again, save it, and finally replace with the new map files your old ones in the FM zip to see how it works ingame. If it works, compare the values and see if you property storage count decreased.

And please tell me everything. I'd like to know if I can handle this stupid limit by deleting all the unnecessary stuff short before the release.

I think the console command for you is '. I, having a German keyboard, have to press ö which took a while to find out. The T3main.log is in your TDS savegame folder. I'd just wonder if your map is already so big. I had to build something bigger than Partytime to hit the limit.

This "change skin" menu disables the whole editor for me. I can click anywhere and just get this bump sound which tells me that I just...cannot. It's as if there was a hidden message box somewhere hidden on the screen but I haven't seen any part of a frame or something on any side.
    Last edited by Beleg Cúthalion; 19th Mar 2009 at 03:42.

Two of the big squares? Anyway, the thing with this bump sound error is that it doesn't allow me to do anything... except for closing it with the task manager. When hitting one of the pools it crashes for me at the end of the loading process but without an error message. However, you can always prove this by searching for "61440" (the property storage count limit) or something in the last t3main.log.

jtr7
    With separate teeth and eyeballs, could they be made to receive damage as though they were individual AIs in the main AI's head, except the main AI does the reacting? "My eye! My eye! He ruined my eye!"

You could trigger things on impact of an arrow or other stimuli (maybe a flash bomb response bark), however, attatchments AFAIK lose all sense of physics and thus the ability to really receive the stimulus. I've done some experiments with shooting crates hanging on chains (like in Dark Messiah) but I always had to hit the chain and not the attached crate.

I might be missing oher options, though. There are properties for certain AI parts, don't know if that could do something.

jtr7
    Hm. Thanks.

I've made one more attempt today to fix the saving crash issue for my FM by doing all the objectives, conversation stuff and actors etc. etc. and I'm just before creating ibt files when all of a sudden both ways to launch the map don't work anymore due to a crash during loading (you hear the sound of an error message and then nothing happens). I was lucky enough to capture the actual message because it always vanished when I tried to minimize and close TDS. Anyone got this before?

I've re-packed the objectives using the conversation manager, re-build the GameSys, changed my map and entry.unr/gmp and played it according to Komag's tutorial twice using the gmp files and the T3Main.exe (that is, via T3Ed's game and not via the editor itself), which was AFAIK the only time when I messed with it – if you can call executing messing.

I can try to replace it somehow, but just in case you guys got ideas...

How do I tell T3Ed to look for textures in PCTextures only? I have nearly a gigs worth in both folders and I'm running out of HD space.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cuthalion View Post
    ...the map don't work anymore due to a crash during loading...
    Beleg, if you have a separate install, then make a fresh re-install of the game. I mean, don't touch your editor's folder! Uninstall the game, delete both game folders (with saves and with the game) and install TDS again. Usually this helps me.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSneaker View Post
    How do I tell T3Ed to look for textures in PCTextures only?
    First of all, make sure that your PCTextures folder has all textures in their best quality. In other case you'll have big problems.

Then open file DEFAULT.INI (it's into Editor\System\ folder. I advise you to make a backup copy of DEFAULT.INI before changing anything) and change all these rows as it's shown below:

[Paths]
    DynamicTextures__e=..\content\T3\PCTextures\DynamicallyLoaded

[ResPathsWhenNotBlockLoading]
    Textures__e=dds|PCTextures*
    FontInfo__e=cel|PCTextures\Fonts

[ResPathsWhenBlockLoading]
    FontInfo__e=cel|PCTextures\Fonts
    Textures__e=dds|PCTextures\DynamicallyLoaded*

Then delete (or - what is better - just move to some other place) all textures from Textures folder.

This should help.
    Last edited by Tiens; 1st May 2009 at 14:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiens View Post
    Beleg, if you have a separate install, then make a fresh re-install of the game. I mean, don't touch your editor's folder! Uninstall the game, delete both game folders (with saves and with the game) and install TDS again. Usually this helps me.
    Thanks, but the problem is that it crashes using T3Ed and I think/know according to the error message that it involves only the T3Ed setup – TDS still runs fine by the way. I'll try to replace those executables nontheless.

Edit: Solved. I had removed the Entry.gmp to my FM directory because I was always creating new ones and thought it might make things cleaner. Apparently T3Ed needs some kind of entry map file to run a mission.
    Last edited by Beleg Cúthalion; 1st May 2009 at 16:09.

Page 71 of 86 FirstFirst ... 212631364146515661666768697071727374757681 ... LastLast