TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Delford Abbey - April 2005

Delford Abbey - April 2005

I think this mision has a bug, it crashes to desctop with no obvious reason when i reach far enough inside the cathedral.

spoiler:
    bollocks
    ! ! ! lol

The crashing bug

This mission doesn't crash for me until I knock out the priest and then pick up his body. If I try and reboot the game I get a message telling me that my video card is not compatible with Thief 2. The only way to start the game again is to do a complete reboot of my system. I've seen similar bugs in other missions where picking up a body will crash you to the desktop.

Eh?....

it didnt crash for me till i got to were a hammer was sleeping in the guards quarters

For me it crashes when..
    spoiler:
    i take the stairs down to basement or picking the priest

I'm having troubles how to get in in the first place without alerting the guards...

I was pretty sure I had fixed that priest bug, the beta testers all reported it. Other than that, I couldn't pinpoint what was causing the other crashes. The Editor's guild couldn't figure it out either, I'll have another look today and release a V2 if I can figure out what's doing it.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    A crash on picking up a body means you forgot to include a carry pic for that AI. It goes in the \obj directory (NOT \obj\txt or \obj\txt16).

I don't think that's the reason that it has been crashing so much however. Only when you pick up the body. Maybe I will have to remove some of the DedX stuff.

Crashing over and over how very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Speesh
    I don't think that's the reason that it has been crashing so much however. Only when you pick up the body. Maybe I will have to remove some of the DedX stuff.
    my first crash is, if u go down to the quarters, and steal some loot, than it will crash back to desktop!

the 1st version i was playing, there was no crashing, this version crashs most the time

Hi Speesh , I've just downloaded the mission wow a new mission, thanks...gonna play it now...see ya
    ThiefMaiden

Ever heard of user-friendliness?

I like the texture work, but there are a lot of irritations to this level so far:

1. One-way gotcha windows onto hard surfaces as only means of ingress.

2. Tons of hard surfaces all over the place, with little or no way to deal with them.

3. Tons of Hammerites on crystal meth amphetamine, even on the lowest difficulty.

4. Funky lighting.

5. Funky sound propagation.

On the plus side, I have not experienced the reported crashing problem yet.

*edit* Now I have...
    Last edited by Karl Stader; 14th Apr 2005 at 12:14.

In conclusion; the author would do well to draw this mission back for a bit of revamping and bug-checking. No mission is too finished.

Hello Speesh my pc crashed 4 times, the 3 first times at the entrance of the first room on the right at the Hamerites quarters, then deep down in the catacombs....
    ThiefMaiden

Downloaded , tried and deleted . I'm sorry , but this one is simply not finished .

Oh well, have to learn somehow. It was sitting around for a while even after beta, but none of the beta-testers had problems this bad. The only thing I couldn't fix was the crashing, and that was barely happening before now.

@Speesh
    Pleace try to delete next time files thumbs.db. It's system hidden files needed only for looking thumbnailes in your system. I found 3.5 MB in archive.

For a long time you a first people trying to use new textures. Thought they not balance with old, but looks not bad.

Have no crashing at all.

Experienced 2 crasches so far.
    spoiler:
    Lifting up the priest and going down the stairs

Picking up the priest

After crashing this one a second time when picking up the priest I did notice that there was no 'carry pic' when I picked up the body. It crashes within 1 second after picking him up. That's the only place so far that I've crashed it on. I'll try it again and leave his body there and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Musopticon?
    Ever heard of user-friendliness?
    Can you be more specific as to your problem, pretty please? That wasn't very helpful or courteous. Complaints help, but not if you just whine. No offense.

Fixing that priest bug will be easy, the strange sound effects on the outside is a bit more difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Stader
    Tons of hard surfaces all over the place, with little or no way to deal with them.
    spoiler:
    If you look around outside there are a bunch of moss arrows that you should be able to get through with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan
    Pleace try to delete next time files thumbs.db. It's system hidden files needed only for looking thumbnailes in your system. I found 3.5 MB in archive.
    Thanks, I was wondering what those all were. Not to mention where all that extra space came from.

Quote Originally Posted by metal dawn
    Can you be more specific as to your problem, pretty please? That wasn't very helpful or courteous. Complaints help, but not if you just whine. No offense.
    No offense taken

And that really wasn't whining in any case. That was humor. If you read all the preceeding posts about problems and crashes and then mine; it sort of jumps to your face and there's a "Have you no shame?"-kind of air around it.

Guess my humor was a bit too vague. Didn't you read my second post? That's definetly not whining. I'm not a brat.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast