TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Help with ''The Builder's Hammer''

Help with ''The Builder's Hammer''

I'm playing this mission now, and don't know what to do I have completed the objective
    spoiler:
    ''Get Freddy some better wine'', and quickly returned to that chamber with the red portal which you can't go through... how do I get out? And I can't get by the apes; they always kill me.

I know this is an old mission, but I'd still like to finish it
    oh and I have already searched for a similar topic through this forum but couldn't find any...
    This mission is made by Yametha, btw.; someone out there who finished it and would like to help? Please?
    Last edited by Sneaksie Cheese; 1st May 2005 at 10:03.

I've had a look at this one,
    spoiler:
    Where the apes are, there is a bottle on the table. Is that the wine? I found a reference to this one by Truart who says that you just throw a bomb at the red portal. Does that make sense.?

Onwards and upwards

Mary.

spoiler:
    It took me a few tries, but I ran like a madman and grabbed some stuff out of the chests - my blackjack for one, and managed to kill all the apemen after about 20 quickloads of trying, plus using the one gas arrow in a chest as well.

Spoiler:
    Then use the new bottle on the old one, then go back blow up the portal

Also this as well from Komag
    Last edited by marycwmbach; 1st May 2005 at 10:24.

Thank you Mary I will try to get
    spoiler:
    all the apes in one spot and then shoot them with my only gas arrow (the blackjack is the only other weapon I have..)

Thanks again for your reply!!

eh, good luck with that... but you don't have to go to all that trouble iirc.

It's possible to gas one (I think the one furthest back and left), then get behind each of the other apes and bj them, if you move fast. I didn't play it too long ago, I seem to remember starting from where the wine and table are (bj that ape first), them moving to the right wall (facing the apes) and moving along that wall behind the first in the clearing and bj him without the others noticing, then moving on right to left...

Anyway, it's possible to do because I did it after a few tries...

Well nevermind, I restarted the mission on Easy, and finished the mission. It was actually easy to do; blackjacking them one by one, moving very quickly behind their backs... But I noticed something with the difficulties:
    spoiler:
    when I first played it on Expert, the blackjack was to be found in the chest near the far wall (and that's when things went bad...) and on Easy the blackjack is on the ape closest to you when you enter the cave...
    so all is well now!

Thanks again for your replies!

Pretty basic mission, but still somewhat enjoyable. I had to refer to hints from the forums to get through the red portal.

That's quite some necromancy! But I'm glad you like it. Personally, I find it embarrassing to look back on...

Well, what are you working on nowadays, Yametha?

Good to see you still around these here parts.

mission authors thankyou

i think its time to thank all the fan mission authors out there, thankyou for all the pleasure you have given me over the past few years

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    i think its time to thank all the fan mission authors out there, thankyou for all the pleasure you have given me over the past few years
    And there's a recent thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hit Deity View Post
    Well, what are you working on nowadays, Yametha?

Good to see you still around these here parts.
    Not much, I'm afraid. Not much to do with thief, I mean. Life problems and all that. I guess that happens. It's possible that I might be getting engaged in a couple of months though, so that's good news.

I am still contributing to CoSaS in a small way, but it's mainly on a single room, albeit a very large, important and complex room. I keep hoping things will pick up, and I do have short bursts of significant activity, and then life hits me over the head again.

It's good to hear from you again, and see you're still about!