TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snobs-part1 July 5/05

Snobs-part1 July 5/05

It is released,finally.

I want to say big THANK YOU to all of you who helped me to release my very first FM.
    http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=Snobs
    Greetings,
    Naks

Thanks , it's a good day for us taffers .

i found the note that says 2538 and i used it for the stash and it dosent work is this the correct code?
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 6th Jul 2005 at 09:53.

Looked everywhere and still can't find Garretts stuff. Just a teeny tiny clue please. I have been everywhere up, down and sideways.

Congratulations on releasing your first FM, Naks!

@hidenshadow

Garrett says it's a very good security system, so it's unlikely he would leave the correct code lying around in full view. That one is a trap. Gotcha! The real code is elsewhere.

@mxleader

There's a tiny switch in the room with the mask.

spoiler:
    I wonder if you can see the sea from here.

its hard to believe its your first... really great stuff

I
    spoiler:
    searched the room with the mask and found absolutely nothing. I went into the bathroom and the bottle of fine wine seemed to move but the secret door won't open. I think the doorway is where the bluish stainglass is by the two lights but I can't find the stupid micro switch. After twenty minutes of searching high and low I still can't find it. I can't believe I am being stumped by this one. I give up where is the switch?

@mxleader

GREAT BIG SPOILER:OK, there are 2 doors. The switch for the first is bottom right of the curtains in the room with the mask. The second door is where you suspect - look under the hand basin in the bathroom.

@mxleader

Thats what my cryptic clue meant
    spoiler:
    was trying to lead you to the window without actually saying so. read all the clues you find

Mary.

Totally good Fan Mission.

Code

[QUOTE=ffox]@hidenshadow

Garrett says it's a very good security system, so it's unlikely he would leave the correct code lying around in full view. That one is a trap. Gotcha! The real code is elsewhere.

@mxleader

Has anyone found the real code?

Help please.

My first post here. Thanks for the new FM, I needed a new one. I've played through almost all the T2 FM's, I think I'll always regard the Thief series as being the most long lived, yet still playable games ever published. That said, I'm having a problem playing "Snobs". I have a P4 with 2gigs of ram, a Geforce 6800GT 256, and I run Serial ATA HDD's. Snobs runs like I was trying to play it on a 286, it's terribly choppy and looking at task mangler I see it's sucking up 100% cpu usage. It really looks nice, and I really would like to play through it but for now I guess I'll wait and see if anyone else suffers the same problem, and if so what the remedy might be.

@essaniael

Here's a clue: No bread today = 0

The code

spoiler:
    The code for the safe is hidden in the text on the paper in the secret room.

@ zwolf:
    You're not alone. As soon as I enter the 2nd part of town the framerate goes gradually down to a point when it's no longer playable. Though, unlike other missions with framerate problems, this one doesn't seem to depend on places. The longer I'm in the choppier it gets.
    Plus lifting the ko'ed thief and dropping him causes a ctd.

Sorry Naks, I'll put your mission aside and wait for version 2. It#s a pity, for what I see by now, it's a real beaut.

When the framerate started to go down, until it was not playable, I deleted the original download and started again. It worked OK after that. It started about the time
    spoiler:
    that I went into the square. You know the one with weopons shop in.

This deletion and re-download worked for me.

P4 1.7ghz 512RAM Radeon 9800SE AGP.

In
    spoiler:
    garretts house there was no framerate slippage. Only when I opened the gate and went through into the square.

So I finished the game OK and very good it was too.

Uhm, why the hell am I looking for stuff that I hid myself? Is this some kind of psychological test?

No, it's one of the first symptoms of senile decay. (I speak from personal experience.)

ffox may be right. As mentioned in the readme, G. has sort of retired, so probably it's the first symptoms of Alzheimer's disease
    On the other hand, it might be just the side effects of certain medications, as he is in love for the first time

Okay, now that I've gotten past that shitty start, I must commend the nice touches. I especially liked the violin player in the inn, who changed the tune when you started brawlin'.
    I noticed two bugs though. When I went back for the sewer key I'd forgotten, all the bluecoats I'd knocked out got teleported back, and just sort of hung there in mid-air. Also, the item in the nobleman's chest in the inn was invisible (missing model?).

First mission? You're lying. In first missions, you're not allowed custom texts. Or new objectives. Or audio of any kind. This mission blew me away, but it definitely doesn't compare to the classics, like T7C, L4D, or Night Falcon, etc..

Pros -
    -Bar 1/F: ROFL; Great violinist. Wanted to BJ him and make him drop the fiddle
    -Upped AI Alertness(?). They seemed harder to BJ this time around.
    -The mission was overall very atmospheric.
    -GREAT custom texts

Cons -
    -This mission screamed "I'm giving Garrett a new personality!" The texts and conversations didn't sound like the ThiefII world.
    -Mediocre Room Brushing...couldn't hear AI/Music fade, they just completey stopped when I left the room/area.

Rating: 7/10
    Great, Fun, Creative, and sort of quick FM
    Characters' texts aren't thieflike

Quote Originally Posted by Garret_729
    Cons -
    -This mission screamed "I'm giving Garrett a new personality!"
    How is that a con? Wasn't that what this mission was all about?

I'd put the upped AI alertness up as a con though - especially with the occasional bad roombrush. An AI would just appear in the doorway, starting to search. I had to walk across some of the carpeted rooms.
    And moss and water arrows - the ultimate stealth tools - were rendered pretty much useless, because they made all the AI jump like a howitzer shell just hit the neighbors.

Naks

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal Monkey
    How is that a con? Wasn't that what this mission was all about?

I'd put the upped AI alertness up as a con though - especially with the occasional bad roombrush. An AI would just appear in the doorway, starting to search. I had to walk across some of the carpeted rooms.
    And moss and water arrows - the ultimate stealth tools - were rendered pretty much useless, because they made all the AI jump like a howitzer shell just hit the neighbors.

I am really sorry for all errors I've made.As I already said, it is my very first FM.

Don't be sorry, it's all constructive criticism. It's just what you need to make your next FM better (and I sincerely hope you'll make another one ).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast