TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Why everyone doesn't like "NIGHT'S RECOURSE"?

Why everyone doesn't like "NIGHT'S RECOURSE"?

Every time someone mentions this FM, it's mostly something like "Eh, a few minutes of whacking, pfff. Nothing special. Boring".

I mean when I played this FM, I loved it. I still do. To me it's super fun, the idea is very cool, ok ok, it's not Thief-like, you don't spend hours looking for the micro-switches or figuring out where the secret door is, but hey... it's just what it is, it's 5 minutes of fun, releasing tension. Imagine running around your house with a broom-stick and chasing skels.

Sp I'm saying it's super fun, it also looks neat (I love tyhe way the skels die) and it's very relaxing.

Why people think it's nothinbg special?

Many people here are looking for something Thief-like. That doesn't mean it's bad work, it just means it isn't loyal to Thief.

Quote Originally Posted by jericho
    If it's special to you then...well...that's what matters. It's the variety of missions that makes a bit of something for everyone. Me - I really hate timed missions or jumping missions.

I can't remember this one right now..... must play it again ....

Gloria Creep

All Fan Missions are made with Thieving love, so they deserve our respect!!!
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Every time someone mentions this FM, it's mostly something like "Eh, a few minutes of whacking, pfff. Nothing special. Boring".

I mean when I played this FM, I loved it. I still do. To me it's super fun, the idea is very cool, ok ok, it's not Thief-like, you don't spend hours looking for the micro-switches or figuring out where the secret door is, but hey... it's just what it is, it's 5 minutes of fun, releasing tension. Imagine running around your house with a broom-stick and chasing skels.

Sp I'm saying it's super fun, it also looks neat (I love tyhe way the skels die) and it's very relaxing.

if you hate fighting, then it isn't so hot. nice modern setting though.

Errrr... it's totally and utterly un-Thief-like? It has none of the atmosphere that made Thief great, it has none of the gameplay that made Thief great...

It's well-made but IT'S NOT THIEF.

No offence meant!

Why everyone doesn't like "NIGHT'S RECOURSE"?
    What are you talking about? I love that mission. I find it refreshing to get away from the "average" Thief experience (if such a thing exists) every once in a while.
    Last edited by metal dawn; 12th Jul 2005 at 18:14.

Who made this btw???

William the Taffer

searches web for William's site

Look's like he's made something for Morrowind called Mysthaven Manor. I've never played Morrowind but the screens of Mysthaven look great (very Thiefy). Maybe I should consider getting this "Morrowind" sometime...
    Last edited by metal dawn; 12th Jul 2005 at 18:24.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Somebody needs to bug Will to go ahead and release DP2. Last I heard it's practically done, but by coincidence it was so similar to The Cradle from T3 that he didn't want to release it out of fear everyone would think he had copied from that mission. Which is silly of course, since he started on DP2 3 years ago...

Think I'll shoot him an email.

Commence the bugging.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I mailed him and didn't get a reject, so presumably the addy is still good. Who knows if he ever checks it anymore or will respond, though...