TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Saints and Thieves T2 FM Aug. 28/05

An ingenious mission if I've ever played one, and I've played quite a few.

I love the
    spoiler:
    fingerprint kit on buttons thing
    . It could have done with random break-inable shops, but the way the mission is designed is amazing enough as it is. Great work.

Well I must just say that this was great mission, very enjoyable indeed! I loved the place, the way it looks and feels was spot on, but then, Shipping...and Receiving is one of my favorite missions.

I kind of missed the droning ambients of Shipping..., although the original ambient sounds in Saints and Thieves were excellent.

I understand that in a mission this size one easily hits the Dromed limits, so I'm not complaining at all, merely imagining how magnificient this mission would've been had there been more life on the streets, more props, even as simple as crates, wheelbarrows (or whatever they were), perhaps some civilians in the offices, perhaps guards with helmets (that you can't knock out) carrying lamps and shops to break into....

As it is now, the place feels a bit empty.

But those points are really irrelevant. This mission is very high-class, and I had a heck of a good time taffing it! Excellent work, all around. Thank you for this!

Getting back to Harley's question about the orange door.

spoiler:
    In the small warehouse is an orange door, maybe red, whatever. It's locked. I can't seem to find a key or switch. The smugglers cargo obj is checked as it was not completed. What's up? Did I do something out of order? Is behind that door the smugglers cargo.

spoiler:
    Someone said "look up". I did. There are metal beams up there and a grate. The rope arrow won't stick into the beams, the grate or the skylight. I went downstairs and didn't find a way to get under. No way in from outside or any of the other rooms in this building and the objective has a red circle with a slash through it.

Is there a way through this door? If so, can I have another clue.
    Last edited by The inscrutable po; 30th Aug 2005 at 14:49.

Ghost

Rope arrow?

Where do you get a rope arrow?

Also, I did the saint thing and looted the vault... but I don't have any other keys! In particular, no captain's key, or key to the safe in his office.

Third, I have absolutely no idea where to find the evidence I'm supposed to steal, unless it's in the location in the paragraph above.

Fourth, in the vault, there is a grate at the top of the circular stairway; I can see the lever to open it -- on the other side, tantalizingly out of reach. Is there some way to get in there? Also, I see a couple of cups on high windows on that same stairway; but without a rope arrow, I can't get at them. I really think I'm supposed to have found one by now; I must have missed something blindingly obvious.

Edit: Hah, got the goblets! Four skulls were high enough.

Baffled....

It was difficult to figure out how to ghost the saint thingie, but I managed!

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 30th Aug 2005 at 06:07.

The droning sounds wouldn't have fit in with the atmosphere. Given the layout, feel and balanced difficulty of the mission there's no real need for more guards.

Quote Originally Posted by The inscrutable po
    Is there a way through this door? If so, can I have another clue.
    spoiler:
    climb the crates onto the railing - there's some crates high enough

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    Where do you get a rope arrow?
    I didn't find any rope arrows in the mission, but I purchased one at the loadout screen.

I'm sure there's was/is one somewhere. For the life of me I can't remember where, though.

Stunning
    Amazing mission

Although I managed to miss over 500 loot. Wonder where it is.

Orange door problem

To get through that door
    spoiler:
    go out to smaller room to the south and up onto crates up onto smaller crate and hop onto beam then walk along beam to get inside this room

By the way there is a rope arrow in there
    Last edited by maloo; 30th Aug 2005 at 10:49.

I had purchased a rope arrow too, but I'm pretty sure that somewhere I found one. As usual, it was near a spot where you'd need an arrow to get out of something. Hope I'm thinking of the right fan mission. I've played 4 in the last week.
    Dafydd
    spoiler:
    Just got into the storage room. There's a rope arrow in the crate along with...

spoiler:
    ...a flash bomb. I still think there's another rope arrow somewhere else in the level. Continue reading for a suggestion on what to do with said arrow.

spoiler:
    In the city watch building there are a lot of things to climb.

Maloo,
    spoiler:
    There's at least one more piece of loot in the city - a gold wine bottle left outside.

spoiler:
    I think it's near a bench.... just west of where it says on the map "to Eastbrook".

Additional Secret:
    spoiler:
    Keep an eye out for a climbable vine when you're outside. I only found one.
    Last edited by The inscrutable po; 30th Aug 2005 at 11:34.

one more question is there any loot around the city or just in the warehouse area. I found 1 gold bottle and an apple but thats all.

thanks po i found the bottle earlier and the vine but i'm still 650 short on loot.

The Children

very good mission, one thing I found most frustrating though.
    spoiler:
    You are nearly inside the entrance of the WATCH before the children leave the gated area and the objective ticks off.
    . in fact the first time playing I hadn't even noticed the went through the gate.
    spoiler:
    But whats confusing is Garretts remark about the children dropping something.
    right next to the
    spoiler:
    watch's door is appears a scouting orb which kind of put me off checking for the darn key the children dropped furthur on from this item..
    . I figured that must have been where the key was later on, but it made it a bit frustrating

Maloo,
    Lots of loot...
    spoiler:
    There's a huge amount of loot in the building with the circular spiral staircase. Be sure to check the windows on the way down.

spoiler:
    And don't forget the room you have to climb into at the top and the area with the marble floor at the bottom.

Strange building across the street from the south end of the watch.

spoiler:
    At the south end of the watch building there's a large structure with deep flutes. I climbed the lower ones with one box. Has anyone climbed the higher ones at the front of this building? Anything up there? There's nothing in the flutes on the side.

Yes Po i got all that stuff but still come up short

Those last bits of missing loot...Hard to find gold...

spoiler:
    When you first enter the area with the circular spiral staircase, enter the center with the beams and the nasty drop. Circle the outside beam and look through the windows.

spoiler:
    You should see some reliefs of decayed bodies set high into the wall and some gold goblets in front of them. To get to the goblets, and this should be pretty obvious...

spoiler:
    ...go back out to the circular staircase and walk down. The reliefs are too high up and you can't use a rope arrow, but across from them on the inner wall there's another niche that's lower. Climb that and from there you can jump across and mantle into the niches with the gold goblets.

I have 4379 loot, which is about 50 short. Have you found...

spoiler:
    ...all the locked boxes on the crates?

Did you...
    spoiler:
    ...get the locked chest at the bottom of the spiral circular stair and the stuff in the only box that can't be moved near it? Also, there are some small crates throughout the warehouse that have things inside. Some have locked lids and others don't. Missing loot.

I've got a stiff neck today. Is it possible to get a stiff neck from looking up in Thief? I don't think I actually tilt my head back, but whenever I look straight up in the game, I do sort of feel it in my neck psychosomatically. That must sound crazy.

went back to spiral staircase and found 2 goblets i missed and the small crate at the bottom.............now to find the545 im still missing.

Cheers Po

Stunning
    A couple of hard to find pieces of loot.

spoiler:
    A ring on a table in the watch station.
    A bag of spice behind some broken barrels in the sewers.

Still only at 4129. I ran through the whole place twice now

Don't mean to be pushy, but if everybody puts the words "missing loot" in with the hard to find loot locations, it would be easy to search fan mission thread for those last scraps. If some people use the term "missing loot" and others use the term "hard to find pieces of loot" and others yet another term, that means more searching, more reading of the wrong spoilers and more spoilers spoiled.

In other words, just use the term mising loot in with your post, Zapman, here and from now on whenever you give clues to the last bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    It was difficult to figure out how to ghost the saint thingie, but I managed!
    That's damn impressive. I never had the guts myself to test if it's possible.

About loot. I did most of the loot placement almost two years ago... and these days I always end ~150 short of max loot myself! I really have no idea if some of that loot is really well hidden or if the totals are just broken. At least the pickpocket stat is, there's nowhere near 9 pickpockets in the mission.

Ah, a Pratchett-quote. What would an FM be without one?

Damn impressive missionwork, Spitter. Thanks for crunching off for us lowlifes.

Edit: Finished in Expert with 4119 moolah. The ending with the convo between the scum was interesting as was the hammerite crypt where it took place in. You should do a hammerite mission next, if there is a next...
    Last edited by Musopticon?; 30th Aug 2005 at 15:24.

Thanks for all the help. I thought the way
    spoiler:
    into the room with the orange door was through the grate above. Since I could'nt get to the rafter from that room I dismissed it. Never thought of going into the other room tilll someone verified that the grate was the way.

And as for the room
    spoiler:
    at the top of the circular stairs
    . That was so easy I feel a little embarrased that I had to ask about it. Must not have been thinking like a thief at the moment. Oh well..

Thanks again all.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast