TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Saints and Thieves T2 FM Aug. 28/05

Voice Actor
    Nice mission! I didn't get all the loot, but I got most of it on Expert.

I never found a way through the locked gate at the top of the spiral stairs. Broadheads wouldn't activate the switch, and I couldn't fit into the space above the stairs via rope arrow, though I don't know if it connected to the area behind the gate. Is that area intended to be inaccessible, or am I just clumsy?

Don

ermmm...Yes I'm afraid you are ! Tis very easy to get into the locked room
    spoiler:
    You have to jump on one of the beams and you'll see an opening in front of you and the inside of the room where the tomb is. you just shot a rope arrow opposite , jump and arrive straight directly into the room.
    As I say, very easy and
    spoiler:
    you collect the silver dagger on the tomb. Pity I thought the statue was going to turn into a haunt but it doesn't !

Took me some time to finish, but I have to say it was truly excellent. Great architecture, original ideas, and a nice story. Very nice mission indeed!

another big fan of this mission

Absolutely loved this one...i have played almost every single thief 2 fm there is (for the exceptions of some if the japanese ones). these fm's have brought me hours and hours and hours and....of great fun, refuge, release, and peace (especially while bopping guards out with my BJ). Anyhoo...though almost all of them are enjoyable, some definitely stand out, and this is one of them. The frobbable kids...nice touch. The lack of overlong locks...YAY, the textures and layout...very nice. And the story...in the words of Garratt..."Oh yeah.....!"

now...please

MORE

I'm a little lost here. I have the Captain's Key,
    spoiler:
    been to the game room, etc etc but no "children objective" ever clicked in.
    In fact, I have not triggered any of it, did'nt even know about it until I read this thread.

I have been everywhere. and just running in circles.

What is the safe combination ???

Hello from Cincinnati,
    I'm playing on hard. I have the fingerprint kit and applied it to the numbers on the safe. The prints appeared but when I frob the printed keys I don't get the safe to open. I'm sure I missed the proper number order somewhere. I also have not seen any children and my objectives to date do not mention any.
    Any and all help appreciated ............... The Geez

oldgeezer - There's a note to be found (behind a bed, I think) that has a rhyme on it that will help you figure out the order to push the buttons in.

White Falcon - You get the objective about the children at the point where you actually see them. Did you get the fingerprint kit from the front counter at the Watch Station? Did you find the lever on the ledge in the game room? Did you "use" the fingerprint kit on each of the number buttons? Push them in order from lowest number to highest to open a door that will get you to the children.

edited my answer to oldgeezer to prevent confusing other players in the future. Nightwalker
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 11th Sep 2005 at 18:37.

The code is different on every difficulty level... you don't actually need the fingerprint kit unless you play on Expert. It still works, obviously, but you have to find the hint scroll.

Thanks for straightening that out, Spitter. I haven't had time to play on anything but Expert so I should have specified that in my answer. Excellent mission, by the way! I loved getting to rescue the kids and the dusting for fingerprints . Very ingenious and unique!

No, Nightwalker although
    spoiler:
    I have the kit, I did not use it on the keys.
    As always, thank you.

wonderful mission indeed! very enjoyable playing...

help me Spitter if you can !!!

I am lost looking for the hint scroll ...ie the combo to the numbered safe in the game room. I have looked near/behind all the beds I could find as per Nightwalkers note with no luck. I have the fingerprint kit. The proper numbers have been exposed but I can't figure the order to open it???? I pressed them in the lowest to highest order but nothing happens. I have the captains key. I'm playing on hard. I think I have been everywhere but you know how that goes !!!!! Thanks in advance ...... The Geez
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 11th Sep 2005 at 18:07.

It's a bit different on Hard, oldgeezer.
    Hint: Did you find a clue scroll behind a bed in one of the barracks that had a rhyme on it? If you use that together with the numbers that have been pushed on the combination device in the games room, you can figure out the code.

Total spoiler: The code on Hard is 2634.

me again.

I
    spoiler:
    set the children free and have the letter of evidence, but not sure where to deliver it to. I place it on the desks in the Watch but nothing happens
    . Not sure what to do.

Thank you.

Are you using the correct letter? I believe it's labeled personal letter or something like that.

It is a
    spoiler:
    envelope, wax sealed saying "from____ to ___" (I don't have the game on and cannot remember the names written)

Is that the correct one?

No, that's the wrong one. It's a scroll that is labeled "Personal Letter" and inside it is addressed to Lord Artus and signed by Gart.

Got to hand it to you Spitter, this is a great FM.
    spoiler:
    I love the use of the fingerprint kit on the key pad. I remember Sam Fisher using his thermo imaging on a keypad so I wondered if Garrett might "use" his kit.
    Excellent work Spitter. Don't think I can find anything to criticise.

Though Saints and Thieves is an excellent mission I still think there's something important missing in it : a beautiful lady thief like Sheam, to rule the whole lot of them !

Fist and Sword
    Mosley

Quote Originally Posted by Mosley
    Though Saints and Thieves is an excellent mission I still think there's something important missing in it : a beautiful lady thief like Sheam, to rule the whole lot of them !

Fist and Sword
    Mosley
    get out

I'm back was expecting that kind of reply (from the machos)

Walkthrough and Lootlist

Nightwalker and I have produced a walkthrough and lootlist for this excellent FM. You can get them at Cheap Thief Missions here. Thanks to epithumia for hosting.

Hey, that's very cool! Do you mind if I also put them up on my home site?

You are very welcome to put them up anywhere you like. Thanks for the excellent mission.

Ohh! Great mission.

Spitter,

Thank you so much. What a fine mission. Very enjoyable. Very creative work.

Had to search the forum on
    spoiler:
    how to find the vault key.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast