TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Saints and Thieves T2 FM Aug. 28/05

Nice mission Spitter.

Couple of problems I encountered:

1. At one point before I found the evidence one of the children appeared next to me on the ground floor of the warehouse. When I finally had the objective to get the children to safety I could only find one child. I finally found the other but he wouldn't follow me. A few reloads and it was resolved. I guess just one of those scripting issues.

2. The second thing was in the vault at the end. Whenever I tried to blackjack the surviving thief he would just die failing the mission. I tried getting him to kill himself but then kept dying myself. Finally by luck he killed himself and only caused a little damage to Garrett.

Minor issues which are probably due to quirks in Thief and not really resolvable.

Anyway great mission.

Just finished that great mission.

But just the objective with rescuing the children was ticking off. All other remained open... Weird...

WW

Yeah, I once had only one follow me, so I started again from a previous save. Once neither would leave the cage. Another time they went right up to the grate, but wouldn't go through the bent bars. The last time it worked perfectly though. I think the trick is, once you get them following you, don't accidentally frob them again, don't stop anywhere, (although I think the scripting tries to allow for that in case you need to "clear the way") and don't stand in front of them once you get to that sewer grate.
    Still, even with the few niggles in this mission, just wonderful. Even a little new change like the fingerprint kit gave me a little bit of that "first time playing thief" rush again. And I loved little bits like solving opening the gate near the top of the hammer temple. It had a little bit of a lot of things, and was "smorgasbord-y" like Shipping and Receiving. A couple objective thingies didn't seem to detract me much at all from a lot of enjoyment of this mission.

I really have no idea why the followers are so quirky at times, although I don't wonder that it happens. On technical side, it's quite a hack - that's why I made it a completely voluntary objective. I also never had much trouble getting them to follow me (or even stay behind) on my PC, even if they sometimes got stuck in furniture and got left behind. Oh well, at least it seems to work for the majority.

I wish Spitter had named his Captain Captain Garter instead of Captain Gart.
    At least it would have been more humorous .

Fist and sword
    Mosley
    Last edited by Mosley; 4th Nov 2005 at 15:52.

Haven't finished yet but nice job Spitter, very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitter
    That's damn impressive. I never had the guts myself to test if it's possible.

About loot. I did most of the loot placement almost two years ago... and these days I always end ~150 short of max loot myself! I really have no idea if some of that loot is really well hidden or if the totals are just broken. At least the pickpocket stat is, there's nowhere near 9 pickpockets in the mission.
    This happened to me once Spitter, I resized a brush, or accidentally selected something and nudged it. It ended up inside a wall for awhile, it was very hard to find.

Sorry I can't read thru any more pages for a clue:

I must've read the scroll of Evidence, but never heard the objective thing ring if it does. I have a habit of dropping everything where I found it if I don't need it. So I need to find Gart's Office without playing thru the whole mission again. After that I'm done !

weird thing:
    Spitter, did you use Contains link on belt purses? i saw to of them hangin midair, I thought that only happened with mesh attach. Maybe just long trols?

Gart's office is the lonely office on the second floor of the main warehouse. You don't necessarily hear the objective chime when you first get your hands on the letter - since you don't have the objective to get it yet!

As for the purses, there's only one in the entire level I can think of off-hand, and that's the one in the bribe conversation. I used Contains on that, but it never bugged up on my or betatesters' end.

Well, maybe I picked the same one out of the air in 2 different loads, not really sure. But it was outside somewhere between the warehouse and guardstation. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Funny thing about the Fingerprint kit, at first I thought i could use it on the cadaver so it would look like they got Garrett

I thought I had replied to this thread a month or so back, but I probably did something stupid like forgetting to press 'submit'...

Really great mission, Spitter!
    Any idea if the problems with the following AIs are because of my NVConvEnhancer script? Is this something I should look into?

I have no idea, really. Possibly, possibly not (but I did use that script). I didn't plan on doing an update since there haven't been massive bugs or anything.

Well Spitter, now I really wish you'd make a sequel to your brilliant Saints and Thieves

Some more of the adventures of dashing young Captain Gart please !

Fist and sword
    Mosley

Oh, I just realised I haven't been particularly vocal in this thread. Well, I'd like to thank for the comments thus far - especially the few of you with critical feedback. The dead streets in particular is an issue I recognize now that I look back. Although it's unlikely that I'll work on this mission again, it's definitely something I'm going to keep in mind in my future endeavours.

Fist and sword
    Mosley

All right, all right I can see you don't appreciate my borrowing of Captain Gart's signature. True, I forgot to ask about author's rights or may be you have no sense of humour ? In your place I wouldn't mind, it's not such a great crime is it ? and I do not take myself as seriously as some other persons. I borrowed the signature because I like it. What's funny is that I've used it in many threads (one to which you even replied) and you didn't seem to notice. I shall then continue to use it. I'm sure another fan mission author wouldn't mind. That's silly, zut alors !

Fist and sword
    Mosley

Hey, it's a free internet. I don't care to be honest, it's just...

Odd.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010

Very enjoyable mission

Thanks Spitter,

Great city architecture and a great playing experience.
    I enjoyed it. A very fun mission all the way through. I'll
    look forward to more of your work.

Voice Actor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosley View Post
    I wish Spitter had named his Captain Captain Garter instead of Captain Gart.
    At least it would have been more humorous .
    No way. Slyfoxx's voice for Captain Gart would have been all wrong if the name had been "Garter."

Don

Good mission!

Good mission overall.

Some things were a little bit unrealistic. For example,
    the fingerprints kitt and the finding of the code. If somebody had done mistakes and pushed the wrong buttons (even Garret, before figuring out), how come the fingerprints showed up only on the four buttons?

But other things, like the unexpectedly long sewer length without air, and the underwater lock, kind of compensate.

I finished 200 loot short, and I found all the loot described on this thread.

I wonder if on the beams from the Watch Station is something worthy? I only climb 1 of the 6 towers.

Spitter, do you think this mission is fully ghostable?

After six years I have honestly no idea since I wasn't big on ghosting to begin with.

spoiler:
    Saving the kids might be really tough if not outright impossible without failing ghosting rules (assuming you don't count the kids spotting you as failing them) - but it's an optional objective. If you do save them and later raid the vault, there will be a scripted battle between two AIs that will leave the victor actively hostile and searching for more meat to kill, which again will make things at least very interesting.

I think it is possible, even with that optional objective, but it's difficult.

It's been a very long time, but IIRC I had a lot of trouble avoiding the sound of the key dropped by the kids alerting a nearby guard. Putting a patch of moss under it might work.

Herra Spitter, you told that had to emptify streets because of brush limitation. Strange, King's Story is much more complex but built in 1.18. Well, now with 1.19 patch you can update your mission in the way it was supposed to be.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Cat View Post
    Herra Spitter, you told that had to emptify streets because of brush limitation. Strange, King's Story is much more complex but built in 1.18. Well, now with 1.19 patch you can update your mission in the way it was supposed to be.
    Great idea Winter Cat ! Saints and Thieves is one my favorites. It will look even better using New Dark.

That's cool! But there's no way in hell I'll ever touch Dromed again.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast