TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Saints and Thieves T2 FM Aug. 28/05

Archivist
    Hi Spitter.
    That's too bad I always hoped you would release another mission someday, like Deviant Souls or even Geller's Pride 2.0. When not even the 1.19 patch can persuade you, then I'm affraid nothing can.

But thanks for the beautifully designed maps you released. I absolutely enjoyed Saints and Thieves (seeing this thread resurrected, I might give it another go this holiday).

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    Hi Spitter.
    That's too bad I always hoped you would release another mission someday, like Deviant Souls or even Geller's Pride 2.0. When not even the 1.19 patch can persuade you, then I'm affraid nothing can.

But thanks for the beautifully designed maps you released. I absolutely enjoyed Saints and Thieves (seeing this thread resurrected, I might give it another go this holiday).
    Indeed, one of my most favorite fan missions. It Rocks !

The atmosphere and structure of this map is really extraordinary, especialy for a mission made 7 years ago...don't know if this is due to Newdark (but I don't think so, when a map is good, is good Newdark or no Newdark involved )
    I just had to post a big THANK YOU for this gem of a mission...and I realy didn't mind the lack of people on the streets, after all, how many go around warehouse areas after dark? I only had a question about what to do with the fingerprint kit but after reading here I learned, even though I never used it since it was easy to find the numbers in the riddle Thanks again... btw I just looked at this Deviant souls pictures of yours...too bad you 'll not finish it...

Kind of old, I know but I've got an issue whith pushing any buttons on the vault door lock. I've got the fingerprint kit and everything else (at least I assume) that's obtainable. Weirdly enough I just can't push any button on that number lock thing. Thus I also can't apply the fingerprint kit on it or even remotely attempt to open it. There's also an issue with the Captain's safe from which I was able to obtain the scroll which lies in there but NOT the coins and pouches which also can be found in the safe. Even climbing inside doesn't change it.

Might it be something related to me running the mission in NewDark and the mission being from pre ND times (Though I didn't encounter that issue ever before)? Are unfrobbable buttons a known issue in those cases?

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Aekoric View Post
    Kind of old, I know but I've got an issue whith pushing any buttons on the vault door lock. I've got the fingerprint kit and everything else (at least I assume) that's obtainable. Weirdly enough I just can't push any button on that number lock thing. Thus I also can't apply the fingerprint kit on it or even remotely attempt to open it. There's also an issue with the Captain's safe from which I was able to obtain the scroll which lies in there but NOT the coins and pouches which also can be found in the safe. Even climbing inside doesn't change it.

Might it be something related to me running the mission in NewDark and the mission being from pre ND times (Though I didn't encounter that issue ever before)? Are unfrobbable buttons a known issue in those cases?
    Could be a script issue. Best way to check is to unzip the zip into a named folder and make sure that the correlating scripts are in your T2 directory. Some examples: NVScript.osm, Tnhscript.osm, Script.osm, and any .osm that have custom names.

Sadly this doesn't seem to be the source of the problem. I checked the .zip which had the tnhScript.osm, the NVscript.osm and the script.osm, all of which are also in my T2 main directory. Thanks for your help though, much appreciated.
    I'll just have to mark this as completed then I suppose.

I'd suggest grabbing the latest version of NVScript, since that FM is using an old version has been known to not load on some computers.

I'm playing on Hard, and I don't have the children objective. Is that triggered by certain events or is it just for Experts?

Most likely, this is triggered by something else. What I wrote down, years ago, concerning this mission, hints at that this objective appeared later on in the mission. But I do not remember and did not write down what exactly triggered it. I played on Normal, by the way.

OK thanks.

One of the most enjoyable missions ... EVER.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Sometimes the objective to drop the note in the police station might not work due to custom scripts not working correctly. So I made a dml. This is working without custom scripts

Code:
    DML1
    //Saint and Thieves. Fix deposit scroll objective
    //First delete old scripts (NVScript, Script, tnhscript) in the FM folder. No need to put new scripts there if you already have them in the T2 root folder

//miss22.mis.dml 

+Link 1869 1872 "ControlDevice"
            {
            } 
            +Link 183 1023 "ControlDevice"
            {
            }
            +ObjProp 1023 "Scripts"
            {
            "Script 1" Stddoor
            }
            +ObjProp 1023 "Scripts"