TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MechBank (Thief Novice Contest)

Thief Novice Contest: Mech Bank?

spoiler:
    Finally got the code 638 and the skull. Just kept moving levers until the puzzle was solved and the box opened with the golden skull objective.

Need some help with the puzzle code located on the
    top floor where the box is suppose to open after entering
    the 4 digit code.
    Last edited by coreyb2; 2nd Sep 2005 at 09:19. Reason: Updated:

@coreyb2 - check your PMs.

ffox, could you pass that my way too?

and also:

spoiler:
    I Blackjacked the Sectroller in the basement, and all the masked servants i could find, but i still can not get into the vault, i think it has somethingto do with the Builder's switch on the roof but what? I have no idea of what to do

Light think light

@ShadowWolf421: There are 2 hints in the basement
    spoiler:
    Have an other look at the wiring diagram - Look at the upper right-hand corner
    and read the sign on the discarded light post next to the watcher

Giveaway spoiler:
    spoiler:
    add some light to the Builder's switch -> place a flare on the cross-shaped antenna on the roof

???

How do I get back from my "visit" to the swimming part of this mission.
    I got to the "other" side of the doors, right were the moving guarding machine is (on the ceiling).
    I can't find any way to open these doors again.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I know you're not too much into brute force. For me, that's the fun part of this mission :
    spoiler:
    Take out the defenseless cabled servant

THANKS SO MUCH! I'll try to be more ruthless!!!!!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    don't feel bad about it gloria

spoiler:
    the servant will thank you for killing him.

O.K., I'm the first to give up on the levers/switches to put the code in. Give me an example on how to progress from. let's say. 1100 (that's where I am currently sitting) to the code number needed on expert. Just too frustrating for me!!!!

No, you're not the first! I'll PM you. In the meantime, try it on Easy-Peasy.

it took me about half an hour to get that lever puzzle, can't tell how, just kept flipping the levers. glad someone knows the solution.

The piece of paper on Adi Airhead's desk (downstairs) gives you a clue to possible techniques to solve the puzzle.

There are 6 numeric switches: 13, 70, 96, 123, 201 and 360. Easy-Peasy can be solved using these alone.

For So-So and No Hope you will need to use the double switch. If you move the handle from down to up it divides by 2. If you have an odd number, it rounds down, so 123/2 = 61. If you move the handle from up to down, it multiplies by 2, eg 61 x 2 = 122.

The button zeroes the counter, and can be used in one of the two ways I know to solve the puzzle in No Hope. For example, enter 123, then press the button to zero the counter. Now enter 360, then raise the 123 lever. You get 360 - 123 = 237.

I reckon that with these techniques you could eventually get any code you want. Easy_Peasy requires 3 steps; I need 6 for Hard and 7 for No Hope. If anyone can do it in less, please PM me.

MechBank (Thief Novice Contest)

Here's a spoiler for getting the Golden Skull on expert. I don't know if the code changes with each new game, but for me it was

spoiler:
    1023. As you face the switches with the large electrical throw switch right in front of you, move the right most switch (thinking in a clockwise manner) to the down position. This puts that switch in subtract mode and the dial should read 13. Then turn around and push the button to reset the dial back to zero while leaving the switch in the down position. Face the switches again and turn on both of the water switches (123 + 360 = 483), I think that's water coming out of them. Close the large center switch to the down position. This will multiply 483 by 2 to get 966. Now move the second switch from your left to the down position, adding 70 to 966 to get 1036. Then move the right most switch back to the up position to minus 13 from 1036 to get 1023. This should open the red box.

Edit: I just corrected my spoiler - it had a small mistake.
    Last edited by nchw68; 5th Sep 2005 at 13:35.

Quote Originally Posted by nchw68
    I don't know if the code changes with each new game
    I think it stays the same for each game, although the different playing levels have different codes, some are easier than others to work out.

It sure sounds tricky.
    The question that comes to my mind is: Is this really necessary in a novice game?

Not that I mind a good puzzle now and then but honestly I gave up after 20 minuts.
    It's so easy, but I can't do it.
    So risky - but I gotta chance it.
    It's so funny, there's nothing to laugh about

Quote Originally Posted by SirFreddieM
    Is this really necessary in a novice game?
    No, it's optional!

I had a slight error in my spoiler, but fixed it. Sorry if anyone tried to follow it and it didn't work.

Voice Actor
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFreddieM
    Is this really necessary in a novice game?
    It's a contest for novice DromEd'ers, not novice players. The author wanted to do something technically complex, for extra cool points. Of course, if the puzzle is too hard, that would be minus cool points that might outweigh the technical feat of making the puzzle in the first place.

I'll have to DL and play the contest missions to see for myself. I saw undead in some screen shots, which for me is a good thing.

Don

no undead here, two others have them.

Using a flare or a fire arrow on the antenna device on the roof should work. You may have to try once or twice to get it just right. From that point on, though, you have a limited time to make it down to the vault to activate the switch that opens the door.

Whoops! Thanks for the help Nightwalker, but i managed to get it to work, just after posting that post, so i deleted it.

Unable to use the posted procedure to open the red box. Finally gave up on it.
    BTW, how do you get to the
    spoiler:
    fire elemental?
    Got the other one ok but could not figure how to get this one and finally gave up too.

2 for one

(2 threads for MechBank!, maby one of the Moderators could merge the to???)

I edited out your link after I took your suggestion to merge the threads, as the thread the link was to no longer existed.

Nightwalker
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 7th Sep 2005 at 09:44.
    Keep taffing, greetings from Nielsen74

Excellent idea, Nielsen74! The threads are merged and it should be less confusing this way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast