TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: NEW TDM mission: Coercion by Sotha (30 September 2016)

NEW TDM mission: Coercion by Sotha (30 September 2016)

Description:
    Dear Simeon, How are you? We trust your mother is well? How fortunate that we could sell you the medicine she needs! We regret to inform you that your loan is due. Yes, we are aware that youíve had difficulties in paying up and we have been most understanding towards you. However, our patience is not bottomless. It is time to pay. If you are not able to pay up in gold, we will allow you to pay us back in kind. The task should not be overwhelmingly difficult for a little sneak such as you. Lord Greyton isnít presently doing what we want and because of that we need to have some leverage over him. He treasures rare books over everything else, so we want you to steal his most precious volumes, which he has hidden somewhere in his mansion. In addition, we must make it clear we are serious. Please deliver the attached note on his desk in his study, and this skull on his bed, preferrably next to his sleeping wife. Please be discreet. We want influence, not corpses. It is vital you do not hurt Greyton or his wife in any way! We will deduct any additional valuables you find from the mansion from your debt. You have two weeks, and then we will have this little service, or your kneecaps. Your choice. Greytonís manor is located in the Old Quarter in Bridgeport. You should be able to get in through the back alley. A small lad like you can probably fit in through the coal chute. We await eagerly the due date of your loan, Simeon.

http://www.thedarkmod.com/missiondetails/?id=114

I played it on middle difficulty, short & sweet .

Yet as I felt in "Down by the riverside", the policies of thiefing are changing. Gone are the days when all mansion-owners were heartless monsters and every priest had a torture room in the basement. I know we had exceptions before, but two missions released rapidly with "normal" people has struck me.

I really felt bad robbing the guy blind, so great work!

Thanks for this mission, i enjoyed playing it, nice mansion and interesting story

Nice, tight little mission. I love missions like this. Thanks!

BANNED
    For those of you who still haven't tried Dark Mod for whatever reason, this is a really good mission much better than the commonly go-to recommendation of Tears of St. Lucia in terms of getting you acquainted with the different/new mechanics compared to Thief and Thief 2.

It's just a very solid short/medium-sized mission that showcases most of the mechanics, isn't overly hard and will likely not stump you at all on what you need to do.