TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She's watching you...

ZylonBane
    Last edited by ZylonBane; 22nd Mar 2010 at 13:09. Reason: URL

What did you make it in?
    Last edited by LANbuddy; 8th Apr 2004 at 07:56.

ZylonBane
    Heh. Oh, I didn't make it. In fact, it's just a little something to give y'all an idea of how much you can zoom in on THIS. That's right, it's the original high-res render of SHODAN. 5100 x 3888 pixels of pure SHODAN goodness.

Massive thanks to original artist Ryan Lesser for releasing this to the public. You da man! This is the SS2 info from his site:
    Meet Shodan. I was commisioned while at Mammoth Studios to create the box art for System Shock 2. Upon review, client asked for in-game cutscene animation of this model. I created appx. 5 minutes of lip-sync. Shodan has since become a cult favorite, and is considered to be one of the best "bad-guys" ever created.
    EDIT: Updated download link since Wuggles Unlimited went down
    Last edited by ZylonBane; 25th Nov 2004 at 11:17.
    "Look at you, hacker, a pathetic creature who smells of elderberries. Now leave, insect, or I shall taunt you a second time."

SShock2.com

Thanks for the link ZB. I just got myself a new wallpaper
    Wenn ist das Nunstrück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! .. Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Lesser is more!

Kolya

Whoah... Zylon sure knows how to research...

ZylonBane
    It's amazing what Google and a polite email or two can get you.

I wonder if theres a company that can do custom posters, as that would look great on my wall...

That's just awesome.

I wonder what the odds are of convincing this fellow to release some non-commissioned versions of SHODAN in his spare time.

Downloading as we speak (type?). Looking at the eye, that's a damn lot of pixels

Originally posted by IonosFear
    I wonder if theres a company that can do custom posters, as that would look great on my wall...
    Printing?

God I need a sig quote

ZylonBane
    Just for the record, here's how we came by this:

When it came time to redo the SHODAN bitmaps for SHTUP, I went hunting for the highest-res SHODAN wallpaper I could find. Unfortunately, all the wallpapers have the System Shock 2 logo and other cruft overlaid on them. So for the most recent SHTUP release I combined the high-res facial part with the older low-res-but-clean outer edge parts. You can see this in-game as the SHODAN image sort of blurring out toward the edges.

This was an improvement, but still a nonoptimal compromise. So once again I went Googling. The nice thing about Google is that its results change almost constantly, so a failed search one day might be a success the next. So, I GIS'd "shodan shock" once again, and right in the middle of the page saw a thumbnail of the full SHODAN pic without logos!

Turns out the SS2 version of SHODAN was created by Mr. Ryan Lesser, who in addition to being a very nice guy, had his name inadvertently omitted from the SS2 manual. It is given in the patch file, which I stupidly overlooked. Anyway, a few emails were exchanged, and he agreed to send me a copy of the stupendously high-res version we're now all drooling over.

He also said he's willing to share the 3DSMax files, but unfortunately he can't find them at the moment.

And now you have... the rest of the story.
    "Look at you, hacker, a pathetic creature who smells of elderberries. Now leave, insect, or I shall taunt you a second time."

SShock2.com

I already provided a link to the image on the news section of sshock2.com
    Wenn ist das Nunstrück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! .. Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't change the file name to break the direct link in your news post. Thats not very nice not to say something like "Thanks to Wuggles for the hosting" or even linking to the entry on Wuggles Unlimited™ or mirroring it on sshock2.com
    P2P does not stand for 'permission to pilfer,' Ashcroft said

ZylonBane
    Heh, I did notice that, but wasn't sure if it was worth saying anything about it.

I'm sure it'll end up on sshock2.com eventually anyway.

SShock2.com

Originally posted by Wuggles
    Give me one good reason why I shouldn't change the file name to break the direct link in your news post. Thats not very nice not to say something like "Thanks to Wuggles for the hosting" or even linking to the entry on Wuggles Unlimited™ or mirroring it on sshock2.com
    I'm terribly sorry for that, I didn't noticed that you were hosting the file. I'll edit the news to include a thank you note for you, and a link to the thread in the Wuggles Unlimited forums
    Last edited by D'Arcy; 9th Apr 2004 at 18:24.

I forgive you

SShock2.com

Okay, it's already edited

Originally posted by Shevers
    Printing?
    I could, but six A4 sheets tacked together doesn't give the same effect.

I also wonder if I could get to fit on a T-shirt...

SShock2.com

You can simply resize it in order to make it fit into a t-shirt. I resized it to 1280x1024 just to make a new wallpaper with it.

File is now mirrored here on sshock2.com.

you should edit that into ZB's post. Anyone reading this will download first, read replies later.

ZylonBane
    In retrospect, I probably should have added a little text file to the ZIP with attribution and release conditions, etc.

At the time, I only ZIPped it so the Wuggles board wouldn't try to display it inline.

If you want, I can unzip it and upload the jpg, since its just a hyperlink and not an image in the post.

ZylonBane
    I don't think it really matters either way. I think having it as a ZIP makes it easier for some people to download.

Hell yes. I have broadband and it still feels like 56k...

God I need a sig quote

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast