TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 83 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3338434853586368737879808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2316

Thread: What are you making?

Feature wise I'm nearing the sprucing up stage for CrossTrix. I have 2 out of the 3 game modes that I wanted in. 1 of which I have the computer opponent setup for. So just need the final remaining game mode to be coded in and the computer opponent for it and the remainder. Then it's onto making everything look nicer, make some music (I've asked a DJ friend to make me some drum and base style tracks) and make more crosswords. Then I'll see where things stand. I'd like to have a second game on Steam, so be good if I could get this to a stage where I'm happy with it. Nearly there.

Moderator and Priest
    I've been practicing painting and vectoring for a good bit now behind the scenes. Thinking I'm finally starting to get the hang of it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Painting.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	249.8 KB 
ID:	2459

Level 10,000 achieved
    That looks great, Renz!

Meanwhile I've been practicing using Aseprite, established a color palette and pixel size, and made the first art for my Pogo Platformer.

Yup. That's right. This game is gonna look like shit.

Moderator and Priest
    Henke, I've got a freakton of little pixel art tutorials I could throw your way if you want. Some of them, the particularly good ones, tragically, were taken down by the artist some while ago. I managed to save them, and have them squirreled away for moments just like this.

If you're interested, I could boot them your way later today sometime.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Sure, that'd be great!

So far I've just watched a few of MortMort's tutorials.

I disagree. I think it's your best version yet Yakoob. A big spike in quality.

Edit: I was referring to this post:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2384984

Southquarter.com/fms
    @Renz - I'd be interested in those too, I just bought Aesprite in the last Steam sale, and I want to teach myself some pixelart too.

Speaking of videos disappearing, I've been saving just about everything I find useful for GameMaker with ClipGrab. Sucks when you go looking for something and it's not there anymore.

Moderator and Priest
    Finished touching up my old Weird Kids project. I'm probably going to touch up a few of them, because you can almost see me getting better as I went through each kid. I wouldn't be too surprised if you all could tell which one I did first, and which I did last in order at a casual glance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WeirdKids.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	535.8 KB 
ID:	2461

Nice Renz, becoming a vector pro

@twisty Thanks

I'm crunching for Emerald City Comic Con tomorrow, trying to get a few extra tweaks in. I think I'm done with a new intro sequence

Level 10,000 achieved
    A rare, perfect, full-body trashcan entrance.

Development is going slowly because my testing sessions have a tendency to get sidetracked with just trying to get the guy into the trashcan. On the plus side I has given me an idea for a game mode called Trashhead, where you have to try to get your head into a trashcan. There will be online leaderboards so you can see who is the best trashhead worldwide.
    Last edited by henke; 1st Mar 2018 at 05:11.

Finally got versus mode fully functional. Kinda plays like a game of othello, but with randomized placement. So from a 2 player standpoint the game is "done". Games certainly at it's most fun in this mode I think.

Just need to do:

* Computer opponent for strategy and versus modes.
    * Nag my DJ friend to do the music, or do it myself. My gut tells me that it'll end up being me doing it which is fine.
    * Add in more graphical stuff to make it all look nicer.
    * Make another 20 or so levels. Current count is 16. They don't take that long at all to do, but it's just getting around to it.

This is the sort of project where I keep coming up with the extra ideas of little things to do add in. Feature creep in moderation can work well. If I'd just stuck with my initial incarnation of what the game was going to be, I'd have had that done months ago. And the game would lack that "fun factor". With all the later additions it's improved it all quite substantially. Now it's at a stage where I'm MUCH happier with it. This being my first solo indie project where it's 100% my own creation from scratch and not a remake at all, gives me that extra incentive to get it to as good a level as I can get it with the skills that I possess.

\/

go SEO go!

The city's coming alive...

Kinda reminds me of the game "Dex" that came out a year or so ago,

Moderator and Priest
    Reminds me of something awesome is what it does.

Thanks guys! Got a new teaser based on the new intro sequence:

Chakat sex pillow
    ...did you put a Navi speech bubble in there on purpose? That's a grade-A reference.

On a side note. I'd recommend doing what you do in the intro for the first 40 seconds, with the girl running, the text appearing above the buildings etc. Do that as your intro to the game when you start a new game, but just with your credits sequence in there. I think that'd look awesome. Would give it a 90s movie/game kinda angle.

Nice music. The bit at the end reminds me of the first X-COM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    ...did you put a Navi speech bubble in there on purpose? That's a grade-A reference.
    You mean at the end? Haha the "Hey Listen" line is indeed a reference ;p but the speech bubbles have been there since Headliner 1

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    On a side note. I'd recommend doing what you do in the intro for the first 40 seconds, with the girl running, the text appearing above the buildings etc. Do that as your intro to the game when you start a new game, but just with your credits sequence in there. I think that'd look awesome. Would give it a 90s movie/game kinda angle.
    That IS the game intro

How's this for a bug: I've got a bunch of stuff in orbit with random rotations and angular velocities. The orbits are very carefully calculated... But some of them were going off course, seemingly at random! Took me two hours to figure out that the (invisibly calculated) center of mass was not the same as the position, causing my gravity and orbital calculations to be off - how much off depending on the randomized rotation!

Had to go through and make sure every object's center of mass was the same as their base position. (I could just set it directly in the code - in fact I did for testing - but that makes them slightly off balance, so whatever.)

Quote Originally Posted by Yakoob View Post
    That IS the game intro
    I meant in the way I described. Which was just how the first 40 seconds of the video went. After that the videos style changes. I was more meaning you have the girl endlessly running as the music plays, credits roll etc etc.

Quick peek at a little project I'm working on (there are no sounds yet):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zamXaGS7g_8

Level 10,000 achieved
    I have implemented the first power-up, a rocket!

I also made a (probably hopelessly optimistic) time estimate for the whole project.

Yup, I'm gonna have this whole thing wrapped up in 500 hours. And would you look at that, 17% done after a mere 3 months! Already got the dude bouncing on the pogo and flying on rockets. Hard part's over!

Right?

Actually there's probably tons of stuff I haven't taken into account. Just realized that I wanna have online leaderboards via Steam and I have no idea how that stuff works, so that'll take a while. Experienced game devs, please do point out what else I'm missing.

After the enormous success of Stick Fella in certain areas of the world - Chinese localisation?

Page 83 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3338434853586368737879808182838485868788 ... LastLast