TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 Million Units Contest - Recipe for Turmoil (Jan 8, 2021)

1 Million Units Contest - Recipe for Turmoil (Jan 8, 2021)

This thread is for any discussion or questions related to the mission Recipe for Turmoil by Anonymous.
    You can download the mission HERE (Ver 1.2) or HERE.
    The contest thread is HERE.

Please give clues instead of outright solutions when helping others and use the spoiler tag when you do this.

Remember that this mission is for THIEF GOLD!

Update: This mission has been updated to version 1.2.
    Last edited by Brethren; 27th Jan 2021 at 01:04.

Very good, small city mission. Great visuals, layout and architecture, can't say anything bad about the gameplay as well. The only thing not keeping up with the visuals is imo ambience which I found a little bit underwhelming, but that's probably just me liking the more distinct sounds of TG instead of more subtle ones. Nevertheless great work, especially for 10 days of building.

An author is never really anonymous when their FM is drenched with their style.

Quote Originally Posted by Neb View Post
    An author is never really anonymous when their FM is drenched with their style.
    Don't forget the 72 hour contest.

Vanishing Point was made in a Dr K style but was made by Skacky, and Dirty Money was made by Dr K in a Skacky style, and they had just about everybody fooled right up until the results were announced.

I'm ready to eat my words.

I think you correct though.

I completed the objectives of the Normal difficulty level after 18 minutes and wanted to explore further, but then accidentally ended the mission by stepping into the Northern Tunnel when leaving Hamlet's Meat & Fowl. I had a lot of fun during my blind ironman of Recipe for Turmoil and will have to replay this to get more than 1557 of 2512 loot. The plot point with the recipe containing spiders reminded my of Shipping & Receiving.

A small bug I noticed: The "Leave through the Northern Tunnel when you're done" objective was not checked off in the mission end screen.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    A small bug I noticed: The "Leave through the Northern Tunnel when you're done" objective was not checked off in the mission end screen.
    It checks for me. I guess after completing mission you just went for a walk and this made objective to uncheck.

That is a possibility. I ran away from the Northern Tunnel because I did not want the mission to end.

i enjoyed this mission,loved the rain

short and sweet, always love some modern TG content. curious if there's any hidden areas or such that i missed.

one minor oddity i ran into was at this desk in the upper part of Lambard's manor: https://i.imgur.com/Opdxkte.png I had extinguished the candle and climbed on the desk for some cover, making a quicksave after i did so. when i reloaded a bit later it was now this permanent bright spot. nothing game breaking, though i do have to wonder if it's even brighter than when the candle was lit.

I found a suspicious looking metal grate in Lombard's attic. Anything behind it? And if so, how do I get in there? I scoured the whole place from top to bottom, and couldn't find a lever or button

EDIT: found it, lever atop the bookshelf
    Last edited by Azaran; 8th Jan 2021 at 22:44.

Lovely mission with amazing atmosphere, easily in my top 3 in the comp.

Many thanks!!!

Mission beaten in 31 min and collected 2237 loot. That was nice experience. A lot of paths to different buildings. I don't say that too often, but I think rain could be louder. To be honest the biggest problem I had was to find certain Treasury door and certain safe to complete normal objectives, because I had keys for them. I even managed to find clever attic secret before that, which allowed me to barely complete loot objective. I was really surprised that there was no map. After few rounds around city I finally noticed them. Really fun mission.

@Galaer: hey, could you please tell me where to find the key to that "certain" safe ? There is no undiscovered place for now but no key anywhere. Thank you

Edit: ok never mind, i found it not all places have been discovered though ... :-/ :-)

loot 2437 / 2512

Small but nice mission, and even not as easy as it looks. Loved it. Some loots are really very well hidden.
    Last edited by Cheela; 9th Jan 2021 at 10:37.

i can't find the recipe

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    i can't find the recipe
    Major spoiler.

There's a window in Lombard's apartment that leads to another apartment which has the safe key.
    You then go into the butcher's place, there's an office in there with a wall safe.

Thanks for release!

Well, this was a nice little city section; story was threaded inside the original thief story. ALl while maintaining the original Thief feeling. I had a lot of fun playing this mission; it had a big vertical share inside. Climbing and roping was fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheela View Post
    Small but nice mission, and even not as easy as it looks. Loved it. Some loots are really very well hidden.
    You took the words right out of my mouth ... looted only 2087/2512.

My evaluation will depend on the Recipe for Smoked Burrick and Fromage which I stole, I'll cook it as soon as my butcher will deliver some juicy Burrick sirloin steaks.

Nice little FM.
    Last edited by zappenduster; 9th Jan 2021 at 17:31.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

As everyone else has said, this was a very nice small city mission.

Curious who the author ends up being, as I definitely though I could sense a certain style.

I'd be very interested to see people guess who the author is. I have yet to see somebody get it right publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBogan View Post
    I'd be very interested to see people guess who the author is. I have yet to see somebody get it right publicly.
    My guess goes to Psychosis.

I'm not yet done with this mission but I have to say that I really like its design!

One thing though: playing on Hard and having collected 1357 in loot, the objective of stealing 1400 loot is already ticked off. But it's not that important, I'm gonna go find the rest
    Last edited by intruder; 10th Jan 2021 at 10:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    My guess goes to Psychosis.
    Ha! Me, too. I assume Neb and Fortuni were implying Skacky earlier in the thread, but when I loaded and played the mission I began to wonder if we're instead seeing yet another leap in skill between contests from Psych0sis.

Who knows?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast