TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: FM REWRITES - What would you like to see?

FM REWRITES - What would you like to see?

Okay I'm accepting the fact that I need to rewrite my FM's story line. But what is every one more interested in. Do you what sneaking into Homes, High Class Hotels, and Banks, or should I base it more on Undead and Critter style missions where you kill a lot of things and feel like Indian Jones at points in the story. I just want to see what people are more interested in playing.
    Last edited by dhin; 23rd Apr 2002 at 06:37.
    9 out of the 10 voices are telling me not to. Which one do you think I'm listening to?

Wait a minute, are you saying that the FM you've built could work for both of those types of story lines?! Or have you built it yet?
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

Well, there's just one thing I can say - NO UNDEAD!! PLEAAAAAAAAAAASE!!!
    A Thief in the 30s, an original novel.
    QApacheConf, next generation Apache configuration editor (or not...).
    OEW - OpenEduWeb

KoMaG, it's just a story line re-write. The parts I've built are staying in, I just many need to change the order that Garrett goes to them, and what happens at them but not much else. My missions are actually very story dependant. I'm adding two more to the pack as far as I can tell. The second mission will be called: The Ultimatum. I don't have a working title for the first one yet, but I'm playing with the name "The Reason." The problem my missions have run into is that CL plot is very very close in areas so to avoid any problems, (like "hey you stole that from CL didn't you" ) I've decided to re-write some of it. I'm thinking about changing it's title to "Memoirs of a Master Thief: A stir of Mist and Shadow"

BUT antonio5michalis, I can't help it, they are already there. Any you wouldn't want me to get rid to all the cool baddies that Garrett is going to have to FIGHT/ALLIE WITH/BETRAY. I need to keep the Undead. Devid would be very upset if he got cut now. He did so much just to get a part in my FM, I think I own it to him. (You'll find out who Devid is when you play the FM.) But the Undead will play a less significant roll. Then if all goes well I'll do a more in-depth set on that particular segment of the story, as an add on. I will follow more closely the original story line. Besides there are worse thing than the Undead. And I have them, too.

So my reason for asking what people want to see is because I want to know what kinds of jobs people think should be in Garrett's Memoirs. Because I need a couple of ideas, I have a couple of mansion hits planned and a grave robbing mission, but I still need a little more.
    9 out of the 10 voices are telling me not to. Which one do you think I'm listening to?

I think there are three camps, those who love city levels, those who love undead, and those who like both.
    I wouldn't worry too much, I want to play through you're story so it doesn't matter, suprise us! Usually the best response seems to come with missions that are in between.

I've always thought that making a mission one way would be cool, then using the same terrain (maybe a couple changes) and making the mission totally different would be cool.

Oh don't worry Schwaa, I will suprize you. I will at that. By the end you'll be wondering what really happened. And if anything you did in the missions ever really happened.

I'm going to do Fully animated cut scenes first, then start on the missions so it my be mid-next year or later when it comes out. Though I am sure people will still down load and play a T2 mission even after T3 is out. I may orgainize a production team to help out with the level building. But I would still keep most of the story secrert even from beta testers. Unless you, Komag, and Saturnine would be willing to work on it with me (but, I'll be making formal invites to a list of people later. I need to hammer the story out and find time to actually start on the scenes first and that won't be unit mid-May or later. I'm in the middle of writing my own 3d modeling application right now and don't have much time. But my offer to you three stands indefantly. . . or until you tell me to frob-off.

I'm certainly busy with my own projects, but I would just offer one word - build the mission FIRST, not the movies! If you make movies first, you'll MOST LIKELY end up with movies and no mission to go with them!

True, but then if T3 is out it could be a T3 FM . . . No I really don't want to learn a new editor. The movies will tell the story completely with out them the missions will seem kind of thin. I figured if I did the movies first I would either have to fill in the gaps with more movies or finish the missions. Either way every one would win (well unless the movies suck, then I lose. Or you really want to play Garrett in the story.) I'll actualy work on both at the same time. When I burn out on Dromed I'll take a break and animate. Though if I do form a team to work on it these new kids posting screnes would be good to grab. Just goes to show you, that it's all in taking the time to make it look good. Think I'm going to go sink a city in a swamp now. . . more reason for no one to have found the crypts.

Hey are there any near by abandond cities any one knows about? or will adding a new one not seem too far fetched?