TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 332 of 333 FirstFirst ... 82232282287292297302307312317322327328329330331332333 LastLast
Results 8,276 to 8,300 of 8310

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

One more example:
    This is my PBR product.

And this is Dromed fake PBR (new loot for Darkbourg)

It looks good, I especially like the normal map effect: dents and scratches

That's really good looking!

Beautiful model Soul tear, very realistic!

Excellent Soul Tear!

23:57 full build time, of which 22 minutes is lighting. Now I know everything is building fine still, back to the random combo lock puzzle...

The Watcher do your lights have large radii? In my optimization the light processing took 1:42 for 933 lights. Most of those had quad lighting selected, and most had an average radii of 20.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    The Watcher do your lights have large radii? In my optimization the light processing took 1:42 for 933 lights. Most of those had quad lighting selected, and most had an average radii of 20.
    Baking of light in Keeper of Infinty 3: The Dark Forest takes more than two hours
    The main problem is the cross light sources that illuminate objects with shadows. I haven’t worked on level optimization yet, but I think it will take a long time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    The problem isn't radii; as with Soul Tear, it's just down to the object shadows. I have a lot of structural immovable objects that contribute to the shadows, and I can really see it when switching from none/terrain shadows to terrain+object shadows. Here's some numbers:

Shadow type: None; Shadow Softness: Standard - lighting time = 00:00:03, overall build = 00:00:57
    Shadow type: Terrain; Shadow Softness: Standard - lighting time = 00:01:18, overall build = 00:02:14
    Shadow type: Terrain+Objects; Shadow Softness: Standard - lighting time = 00:20:53, overall build = 00:21:49
    Shadow type: Terrain+Objects; Shadow Softness: High (9-pt weighted average) - lighting time = 00:22:37, overall build = 00:23:33
    Shadow type: Terrain+Objects; Shadow Softness: Medium (9-pt weighted average) - lighting time = 01:19:01, overall build = 01:19:37

(That "4x compute time" for medium shadows isn't kidding)

Think of it as nostalgia. We all used to be able to actually do something during some of Dromed's processes. Now most of us can't even get up before things have finished.

I don't know but I can get downstairs and back up with some ice cream before the process is finished.

I'm deep in room-brushing hell right now, and pictures of room brushes are kind plain and... wireframey. So instead, have a picture of part of a WIP cellar:

Still needs more random junk, cobwebs, etc, but getting there.

Doesn't look bad, but the textures are a bit clean for such a dank environment, IMO.

I imagine it will be onced-over near the end for griminess. Love the loft. I just want be able to steal some booze.

Well, it depends on the intended aesthetic. It's not necessarily too clean if it's a well-maintained cellar. Looks lovely anyway!

I've been knocking up a little something for fun while I await the final all-clear from my testers on The Violent End of Duncan Malveine.

That'll be a bit toasty! Really wonder what the story is behind that one?

Looks great nicked, appropriate darkness and memorable view!

First sneak peek of what I have been working on since February. It's not a sequel to Secrets of the Old City, I'm leaving that one for later. This is a new story. I'm really trying to improve on making details on this mission.

Niborius, it's a good thing you care on improving the details, those wooden columns look a bit naked, why not add a lower trim or a frame base, upper trims around the first floor would also be nice , those torches don't fit well with this Victorian dinning room, also some more decorative elements to fill the room would be nice. Other than that it's looking nice, the contrast between that red and the yellow works very well.

Hey Cardia, thanks for the feedback. I was wondering what I could do to those columns. I think your idea will work well. Funny enough I was also thinking of changing the torches, or maybe even remove them altogether because I added those ceiling lamps only much later.

What are other decorative elements you think that would work? I often get lost in inspiration of what else I can do to a room to make it look more 'full' and alive.

For the other elements you could add some furniture, like a side table or a buffet with dishes and food, sofas, pedestals with vases or potted plants, also some more paintings, for example the the wall on the opposite side is empty, there you can add something.

Niborius, this carafe is very heavy for performance, especially when there are several of them in one scene. It is advisable to use this with LoD (you can take any simple objects like grass, page or single-sided square with distance of 40-50).
    Besides, people don’t really like torches burning above their heads. it especially seems ridiculous, because you have two huge chandeliers. Why so much light? Perhaps if you want to make a more refined design, then you will need wall candles but not torches.

I have not read your last post, it seems my claim about torches is no longer relevant.
    Last edited by Soul Tear; 26th May 2020 at 12:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    Niborius, this carafe is very heavy for performance, especially when there are several of them in one scene. It is advisable to use this with LoD (you can take any simple objects like grass, page or single-sided square with distance of 40-50).
    Besides, people don’t really like torches burning above their heads. it especially seems ridiculous, because you have two huge chandeliers. Why so much light? Perhaps if you want to make a more refined design, then you will need wall candles but not torches.

I have not read your last post, it seems my claim about torches is no longer relevant.
    I didn't know that they were so performance heavy, thanks for the tip.

The torches are gone now, and it looks much better.

Well, it's still all just a rough blockout, as I'm still working out what much of the interior is going to be like (to fit the story needs). But this is the castle mission I'm working on right now.

And yes, you'll be able to climb all over all those roofs

That looks amazing! Great job. Looks like there is some tricky architecture.

That's amazing vfig. Good luck on the texturing and polishing part (that comes off as if I'm being sarcastic but I'm not ).

Page 332 of 333 FirstFirst ... 82232282287292297302307312317322327328329330331332333 LastLast