TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Resizing the Dromed interface fields

Resizing the Dromed interface fields

I was just looking through Dromed.cfg and found some things that will make it easier to use the interface.

gfh_height: gives the numbers on the left more space (although it says 'height', the width is scaled too). I've left mine at 120

gfh_max_cmd_width - resizes the command box.

gfh_coord_decimals - decimal places shown for XYX, HPB and DWH. I've set mine to 3 because I'll use grid size 11 for some features (e.g. stairs) where 3dp is often needed for coordinates.

There are some more settings in the file, but to me the above are the most useful.

Last edited by R Soul; 28th Sep 2012 at 17:44.

Thanks for discovering that! Having more decimal places is really useful, especially when working with values larger than 99.99

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    That's awesome. Yet I just thought about something in relation with these fields.

Is it possible to use numpad in dromed now ? Everytime I enter a coordinate in these fields, I have to hold Maj and press numbers at the top of the keyboard. For me it's not convenient at all, I'm used to work with numpad all the time and in the dromed window numpad doesn't seem to be detected with 1.18. It works in properties windows, it's just the editor window where it doesn't.

You're right. I never noticed. The numpad doesn't work with 1.18 but now does with 1.19. cool!

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    YES !!!!
    I'll work much much faster with this dromed.

After a bit of tweaking, my GFH looks like this:

Settings in DromEd.cfg:
    Code:
    edit_screen_size 1280,960
    gfh_height 150
    gfh_max_cmd_width 410
    gfh_coord_decimals 4
    status_height 24
    show_mouse_xyz
    show_camera_xyz
    Settings in user.cfg:
    Code:
    gui_font intrface/textfont
    I put the font setting in user.cfg, because then I also get larger text in the load and save menu screens.

Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    I put the font setting in user.cfg, because then I also get larger text in the load and save menu screens.
    Huh! not in DromEd.cfg. Interesting.

Edit: Never mind. Mine was already that way from 1.18 (!) ... but I have my edit_screen_size in user,cfg and not DromEd.cfg ... should it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Huh! not in DromEd.cfg. Interesting.

Edit: Never mind. Mine was already that way from 1.18 (!) ...
    I moved it once to dromed.cfg (because I thought it only applied to DromEd), but then noticed that the text in the load/save screens was smaller, so I moved it back again.

but I have my edit_screen_size in user,cfg and not DromEd.cfg ... should it matter?
    I moved it too DromEd.cfg, because as far as I know it applies only to DromEd. I haven't yet noticed any difference when playing the actual game. In user.cfg I keep only the settings that apply to the actual game. I like keeping things organized like that.

Just trying to make some quality of life improvements to my DromEd experience, but I cannot for the life of me get the font size to increase.

I've tried gui_font intrface/textfont in DromEd.cfg, User.cfg and Cam.cfg, and it's never made any difference. What exactly am I supposed to do? I'm on Windows 10, using Thief 2 v1.26.

ZylonBane
    "textfont" is the default font. You have to, y'know, change it to something else.

intrface\fontaa12
    intrface\fontaa16
    intrface\fontaa20
    intrface\fontaa29
    intrface\fontaa36

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    "textfont" is the default font. You have to, y'know, change it to something else.

intrface\fontaa12
    intrface\fontaa16
    intrface\fontaa20
    intrface\fontaa29
    intrface\fontaa36
    I'm not sure this is accurate, ZB. Several places on this forum I've found lines for copying and pasting into a .cfg file, and they all recommend intrface/textfont for large font (and intrface/smalfont for small font).

Nevertheless, I tried your approach, and it also seemed to have no effect.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    ZB's changes worked fine for me, you can even set it to f_scrp16.fon:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dromed_Script_Font.PNG 
Views:	14 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	2582

If you change to a larger font, you will probably want to enable and increase gfh_height (mine in that shot is 180 rather than the default 120) and also status_height.

Which .cfg file are you putting the line of code in? Nothing I do seems to affect the font.

Ah, I got it sorted. And textfont works just fine (as do ZB's other suggestions, although they are unnecessary).

Yes, "textfont" is the default. But the intrface default is different from the editor default.
    Last edited by trefoilknot; 10th Jul 2020 at 13:43.