TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Bafford's Last Stand updated 1st Sep 2005

I just finished palying this wonderful FM, I wonder how I could miss it the first time!!!!

Now pondering how many more I missed........

Another wonderful mission, thoroughly enjoying it, This is just my cup of tea.

Ok question....I know that the key to the room with the two skulls is in the tower with the 2 large spiders, but I cannot find it anywhere. I have walked the whole floor slowly, creeping and standing up. What is the key called? I'm pretty sure I don't have it.

Island of Sorrow 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by llanita View Post
    Another wonderful mission, thoroughly enjoying it, This is just my cup of tea.

Ok question....I know that the key to the room with the two skulls is in the tower with the 2 large spiders, but I cannot find it anywhere. I have walked the whole floor slowly, creeping and standing up. What is the key called? I'm pretty sure I don't have it.
    I can't remember, but don't you have to kill the spiders to get it?

I did. They're both dead.
    Here's another question....

When I was on the bridge above the oubliette, I got the scroll that mentioned the gas arrow, so I armed myself with one, flipped the switched and jumped on the bridge. The woman at the other end, who I thought might be Arwen, turned into a sorceress, so I gassed her, but now under objectives, it shows Find Arwen with a red cross, and the Kill the Sorceress is still unticked. Did I screw up royally and that was really Arwen? She did try to attack me though. I just don't want to continue if it means having to go back quite a few saves.

By the way, I can't find my way back to the oubliette!!, I'm going around in circles. Is it on the ground floor or the 1st floor? I read somewhere, that if you enter the castle by the N entrance, there is a statue with a gold plaque, but when I enter I can walk straight through to the inner courtyard, where the fountain is in the center.
    Last edited by llanita; 14th Jul 2013 at 19:19.

Ok found my way back to the oubliette, got that done. I still cannot find the key to the chapel in the room where the 2 big spiders are, unless there are two rooms with big spiders in them and I haven't found the second room? I have combed that floor inch by inch, is it by the piles along the one wall? Is it visible or is it blind frobbing? Please help.

Island of Sorrow 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by llanita View Post
    Ok found my way back to the oubliette, got that done. I still cannot find the key to the chapel in the room where the 2 big spiders are, unless there are two rooms with big spiders in them and I haven't found the second room? I have combed that floor inch by inch, is it by the piles along the one wall? Is it visible or is it blind frobbing? Please help.
    The key is in the NW pit where those big spiders are. Look carefully against the wall.

That should open the doors with the 2 skulls on either side.

The chapel key is visible and very close to the wall. I didn't have to kill the spiders but then again I just walked directly to it.

I just finished this FM and gotta say I absolutely loved it! Definitely the best I have played from you so far, John! The fortress looks very cool, I wish the original thief had a mission with a fortress like this one!

But there were a few things I didnīt understand, what was the point of them:
    -the ghost. Was there anything to do with him? There were some readables about it, but I never found out what to do with it
    -the lady I should have rescued. So she wasnīt captured & hold in the castle? Or Garrett just gave up on rescuing her?

My personal favourite were the placed secrets. Iīm not a fan of tiny switches, so having to frob loot or statues for getting hidden loot is pretty damn cool! And for the tiny switches and buttons there was always a hint to them, thatīs how it should be! The only thing I had to look up here was how to move the statue. Was there ever a hint that you have to shoot it with a water arrow or how was I supposed to know that?

Pretty damn cool mission, thank you very much for this, John!!

i got a question has anyone ever seen lord bafford it seems like even in om's/fan mission bafford is never around,i so wonder what he looks like

i think in the cut scene you can see a drawing of him,but never see him in any missions/fan missions,maybe he has a deeper story then me know

I imagine he looks sth. like that: https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...MygCegUIARCRAQ

At least that comes close to the original drawing, but I have no idea if this is just from an FM or where it comes from. But when I hear "lord bafford", this is how I imagine he looks like

Samantha I guess people would figure out how to move the statue because of the water crystal on the floor under the hand. The ghost has no real meaning so you won't really have to worry about it. I just tried to make the mission a little more challenging when the ghost's light would appear and possibly appear at the wrong time.

Thanks for your kind comments. I wasn't sure how well this mission would work out considering how large the castle is, but even for old dark it was playable.

here is bafford from cutscene https://imgur.com/a/brpH85d ,notice his double chin and garrett also says "steal another trinket from a fat nobleman"

picture you posted is close but to skinny

from thief 1 cutscene #2

I know that cutscene and that is exactly the one I meant when I said "at least that comes close to the original drawing". The same one exists with a fat version, In my link, if you look at the first picture below it thatīs the one.

...and this is what I've always imagined Bafford sounds like.

Looks a bit like him too!
    Last edited by Purgator; 15th Nov 2020 at 16:52. Reason: terrible English, getting old....

If we ever need a life action actor for lord bafford, this guy could do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    I know that cutscene and that is exactly the one I meant when I said "at least that comes close to the original drawing". The same one exists with a fat version, In my link, if you look at the first picture below it thatīs the one.

yes the bottom pic is bafford in llink you posted forgot what fan mission it is but yeah thats him in all his fatness :P

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910