TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112

Thread: New T2 Mission : "Les Paolis" updated to V. 1.2 (09-12-2019)

Good suggestion Samantha and Galaer, two crates and one speed potion on a nearby window will be for the next update.
    Last edited by Cardia; 20th Oct 2020 at 14:49.

Perfect

That Window

Oh yeah, it's been awhile. Got stuck here way back.. Is there anything I need to do (in the game itself)? Or where do I find these crates for That window? Is there an update with more crates.? A rope arrow could've worked in the window frame...

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    Oh yeah, it's been awhile. Got stuck here way back.. Is there anything I need to do (in the game itself)? Or where do I find these crates for That window? Is there an update with more crates.? A rope arrow could've worked in the window frame...
    No, i haven't updated it yet, so no crates for the moment, although there are more speed potion around the map or you can try the other two methods mentioned in some previous posts.

So far I'm about 2 hours into the mission. I have to say I was getting frustrated when I shoot a rope arrow, climb up, and have problems mantling into rooms or on a ledge. I always play on expert and I always knock everyone out as much as possible unless the objectives say otherwise. I do this so I can explore without worrying about guards, as I like to explore everything I can.

spoiler:
    I found Atila's helmet. This was rather difficult as there was no wood to rope up to the window. I had to balance myself perfect on top of the window to move forward into the room. I like this when creators of missions make something very difficult, but not impossible to do. I did have to reload a good 10-12 times before I finally got inside.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the mission and will post again either when I'm further in and want to give input or when I finish. Thanks, Cardia.

I assume that all the players that begin every mission with "expert" will only play it once and never replay it again, right ? I personally like to have a reason to play a good mission at least three times ( all 3 difficult modes) starting by the easiest mode and the last round on the hardest, what i can say in my experience is that "expert" mode becomes easier when i have played previously the same mission in easier difficult modes, why? Because i know already in advance alot of things that will help to finish the mission.

Philflound, youre welcome, but believe me that window thing is child's play , assuming you know how to do the jump side trick, but in this mission you can also access it by the other two ways i mention in previous posts.

https://youtu.be/82f8v6hJNIs?t=103

Wrong I love to replay missions, so I can find out stuff that I couldnt find out with the first playthrough, like more hidden loot aswell. And I see it exactly the contrary: When Ive played sth. on normal first and then I play on expert, there are more guards for example and stuff is more difficult to find. So even though it is already my 2. playthrough, I have to concentrate more on avoiding the guards that werent on normal difficulty and to find the stuff which is placed somewhere else. So I like to play missions on expert first, so I have experienced this stuff already and can concentrate on the other stuff.
    Also I play like 10 fanmissions in one week. When I replay a mission after like 3 months, I cant remember alot of stuff anymore, which makes it very enjoyable again for me

And also Galaer gave you another reason why many people like to play on expert first: Many Fanmissions (including yours) have extra objectives on expert for which you have additional stuff to find. Finding stuff is the one thing thief players love the most, so of course: the more, the better.

The only time I play a fanmission on normal difficulty first, is when I expect the undead. I dont like them, so I try to avoid them as much as I can

Samantha sounds like an interesting way to replay missions. Even if i try to do missions following mainly my impulses it is also true that i get influenced by people suggestions here, and i try to adapt my creations to audience taste, as best as i can, but without going to much against for what i like.

Another mission style "Les Paolis" is being created for thief 1 that im working on for more that one year already, but this time with no tricky jumps to do or many loot to find.

The ambience that you always create is perfect, just like it is in les paolis. The quality, the design, the story and the music is what makes it so enjoyable. So when I just started les paolis, the first minute I just stood there and I was like "woooow!" and stared for awhile at the city, the houses and the sky itself. It is just the gameplay that usually takes away the enjoyment of it, simply because its too difficult like the loot goal, annoying jumps or difficult mantling. I think if you just make those things easier in the future (for the loot goal for example you can easily orientate on Yandros advise. You know that guy knows what hes doing ), people will love your missions and you will still be able to not go against the things you like the most. You just need to find the right balance.

Oh nice! Im super, hardcore, very looking forward to it! Currently I play through all the thief 2 missions (which are hell of alot...) and after that I will start with the thief 1 ones. Lets see if your new creation will be out then

Thank you Samantha for the kind words, i recommend you to play "Anna to the Rescue" for thief 2, it fits well with autumn season and i had put alot of attention to detail in every way. And the gameplay is accessible in "Expert" mode.

Okay, thank you for the recommendation! Ill see when I will get to it, but I do play all of the fanmissions that are out there so I defintely WILL play it!

Ok, I'm about 1100 loot short with all other missions completed in part 1. I'm missing 4 secrets. I'm going back through town and searching every nook and cranny, windows that may be openable or are partially open and trying to get on every roof I can. Though replaying missions can be fun, I don't have the time to do so. Especially since I haven't played any fan missions for the past 3 years, so I'm playing catchup.

I can't get to one area at the moment.

spoiler:
    It's a guard with a record player in a stone hallway up high. I didn't note streets, but it is across the street from the 3 servants who live in the attic. I shot a gas arrow at that archer because he kept shooting me. I keep hearing the music, and was next door to this guard in the room with the sleeping guy. I'm assuming the record players give some type of bonus objective as I've gotten about 5 or 6 already. So I'm trying to get into that guard area to get the record player and possible loot. At the moment I'm on the roof next door behind the metal fence. I'm trying to squeeze around and get on the roof, but no dice. I also tried jumping from that sleeping guy's window and mantle up the opening where the guard is, but again no dice? Am I doing this wrong?

As for giving hints as to how to get the helmet other ways than how I did it, I did not read any of these posts. I don't want to read anything which may spoil my gameplay. Maybe I'll look eventually at where the other 4 secrets are that I'm missing, but I'm not done exploring. If you can give me a hint as to my spoiler question, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

for that Victrola player transparent window with light coming inside, the facade of this window building has many wooden beams

stronger spoiler rope up to the wooden beam that comes out above the window of this hotel "Le Pierrot somnolent" second step : inside the chamber check the ceiling thirth step: cut the banner

I actually cut the banner but didn't find the switch. I can't get through the hole. Don't know if it's a glitch, but I get stuck on the sill and the piece of banner left doesn't let me through. I don't mind difficult missions, but stuff that doesn't work is frustrating and I'm about to just move on to another fan mission.

Phiflound, apparently i see you have some difficult to move Garrett around, no special trick is needed to climb the air shaft hole, just stand by and press the jump key for a second :

https://youtu.be/L7OOhc6aEt8?t=257

I watched your video. You jump and mantle up instantly. I jump and it doesn't mantle. I have no idea. I've jumped 100 times from all different angles, before the chest, on the chest, on the table and it won't mantle. I can mantle up the table in front of the hole, but it won't mantle up the hole. I don't know if my game is glitched or what. I haven't been able to mantle up many areas where I think I should have been able to. Sometimes when I'm on a rope arrow, it won't mantle unless I'm at a specific distance from the ledge I'm mantling on. If I'm too high, it just jumps me off the rope arrow. If I'm a bit below the top of the rope arrow, sometimes I can mantle. Like I said, it's very frustrating. Maybe if I can find the other 3 secrets I'm missing, maybe I'll make the 13500 loot goal. I think I'm shy by like 600 now. Otherwise, I may just give it up. Playing on an easier level could get me past the first part, but what's the point if I can't experience the entire game. I'm sure to run into issues in part 2.

I'm not sure but it seems I'm having problems mantling up small spaces. I may have a problem in another game. I just updated to 1.27. Maybe there is something in the update that is preventing me from mantling in smaller spaces. I'm fine with normal shelves and tables and such.

Do you have new_mantle enable?

In you cam_ext.cfg file, check the following lines:

; -------------
    ; game specific
    ; -------------

; enable new mantling code
    new_mantle

That's how "new_mantle" has to be without the ";" in the beginning

Ok, changed it in the wrong directory at first, but figured out the correct one in the main Thief2 directory. It worked. Thanks. Now I can play the game and be happy. Possibly find areas that I couldn't mantle and now I can. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Philflound; 11th Nov 2020 at 20:08.

Youre welcome, im glad i could help, now that famous window can also be climbed easier.

Finished mission 2 with almost no help, short 3 secrets. Only thing I couldn't find was the tree mask, and probably wouldn't have without reading your hint. Even knowing where it was, I still couldn't find it until you gave a super spoiler.

I have one suggestion. Put a SPYGLASS. I think it would have been much easier to spot up high where I needed to rope up and go inside windows, or get to a window ledge that had loot, or balconies and such. I can't tell you how many times I shot rope arrows, usually several to get up high, and had to reload because there was nothing up there. Anyway, despite people complaining about various things with the mission, I thought it was good. I don't care about high loot requirements. It just makes me look harder. I was about 3000 short on the second mission, probably missed something in the castle. Anyway, I look forward to future projects. Thanks.

Phil

Thank you for playing this one Phil, im glad you enjoyed it, Im not sure it is possible to add a spyglass like in TDM, but you can always use Garrett Zoom eye, you can see closer things in long distances.

Oh, I forgot to mention that a map would have been helpful. Storywise, if Sandra is rather powerful in the game, she should have had access to maps of the city that she could have provided Garrett to use. Just a thought. Thanks again.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112