TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The Rebellion of the Builder 2: Mission 4 "A City with Problems"

Quote Originally Posted by griswold View Post
    Where is the orange key?
    Never mind found it

I have encountered bug on 1.22 version that doesn't allow me to trigger portal to secret mission: After using Cuckoo on clock from the Warehouse I should use clock to change hour to midnight, but I can't do that, because clock starts at the midnight even after using Cuckoo. Without way to change hour on the clock I can't trigger the portal. I played this mission 3 times and it happened to me in every playthrough.

Edit: Nevermind. Looks like I already mentioned this problem in Hidden Missions thread and forgot about that. Too bad this bug wasn't never fixed.
    Last edited by Galaer; 16th Feb 2020 at 05:55.

Hmmm... I'll look into this as soon as I can. Right now, my time is more dedicated to my Thief 2 20th anniversary contest entry. But just to get the small stuff out of the way, let's make sure that your installed version has all custom script files and their needed files.

Your zip file should have these:
    miss3.osm
    darkhooks.dlx (needed for miss3.osm to work)
    KDScript.osm (Used for changing the next mission)
    ThiefLib.osl (needed for KDScript.osm to work)
    NVScript.osm
    tnhScript.osm
    convict.osm (just in case for compatibility)
    gen.osm (just in case for compatibility)

If you are missing any of these files, then some of the mission may not work properly or may not become complete-able by normal means.

OK. I know what's wrong now. The mission needs miss12 script loaded. I'll try to get that fixed as soon as I can.

EDIT: Here's the link to the updated mission. https://www.dropbox.com/s/enq1pgnxmm...iss24.mis?dl=0
    Last edited by GORT; 19th Feb 2020 at 08:08.

Thanks for the link. I checked it and frobbing clock change hour. That's a good sign. I'm not gonna replay the whole mission, because I found way to enter secret mission by switching mission files. I managed to beat it twice for ghost report and right now I'm devastated. But thanks for finding time to try to fix that.

As for your Thief 2 Anniversary Contest entry, I wish you good luck. Last time your entry's biggest problem was exploration not being rewarded and general rule to put only 1 loot piece into room. These things made your entry quite empty. So I hope you will put more loot into your mission, which will encourage player to explore every nook and cranny and make your mission more enjoyable. Good luck.

Oh, there will be more loot. Also, the difficulty will be a bit more friendlier on Normal and Daring. As for GORTTUFF, that's where my shenanigans will truly take place.

Just played this mission via v_1.22 and looks like GORT hasn't changed that zip to include the new miss24 file posted 3 posts above, as the grandfather clock still can't correctly be set to 12 o'clock, so playing via v_1.22 as is you can't access the bonus mission Solstice, but the new miss24 file is good, so players are still advised to patch v_1.22 with new file before playing the campaign.

Also couple of amendments to Ricebug's walk
    1. Ricebug says that to receive Arthur's recommendation to visit the king you need to have only fulfilled 500g loot and Willow's quest, in fact you need to have completed 3 quests (Arthur's, Willow's and Greg's), but you should be able to work that out from your objectives.
    2. One thing Ricebug mensions but doesn't make clear is if you do not snag the Kurshok sword you won't be able to fulfil Arthur's quest, he'll just stand there and ignore you.
    3. Minor issue, but the well to access the bonus mission is not in the backyard of the castle, it's in the kitchen.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456