TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Cam in Dromed

Cam in Dromed

What should I do not to enter game mode each time from the starting point but from the place where I am in 3D view? I use DromEd 2 (menus 5 by Gonchong).
    (Sorry for such a newbe question)

Under the "custom" area of the menus (assuming it's similar to mine) there's the "persistent player position" command.
    Same as:
    persistent_player_pos typed into the command window. Starts you off where the camera is. Careful not to put yourself into a solid.

persistent_player_pos 0 makes you appear ingame where the camera is in Dromed

persistent_player_pos 1 makes you appear at the starting point

This is just in case you ever want to create your own custom batch files for Dromed, now you can!

Taking a break

also, if you add the line

editorcam_from_game

to the user.cfg file, then after to exit game mode to do some more Dromediting, your Dromed location in the windows will be where you were in game mode - the reverse situation from persistant_player_pos

Thanks, KoMaG! I've been looking for that!

Taking a break

No prob

Thanks a lot, DromEditors!

Holy monkeystick Batman! I never knew you could enter the game from where you were in DromEd. I guess I should reread the docs!

Thanks guys!
    ----I=| Phantom |=I----

Yeah, Phantom, dragging that StartingPoint around must have made you really tired!

Unless, you were running from the original StartingPoint the whole time! Ouch!

I am just kidding, of course. (I hate putting this part, but some people take things way too seriously.)

Originally posted by Keeper of Metal and Gold:

editorcam_from_game

to the user.cfg file, then after to exit game mode to do some more Dromediting, your Dromed location in the windows will be where you were in game mode - the reverse situation from persistant_player_pos
    AWESOME! I've always wondered if there was an inverse to the persistant_player_pos command. When I first learned about persistant_player_pos, I tried the commands "persistant_player_neg" and "persistant_player_negative", but of course they didn't work.
    SPCB Member

Official Funds Collector and True Lord of the Dance.

Taking a break

the _pos stands for position, not positive

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of Metal and Gold View Post

editorcam_from_game

Quote Originally Posted by Hit Deity View Post
    Thanks, KoMaG! I've been looking for that!
    19 years later and this is the only thread I've seen this command listed!! Searched and searched and searched (couldn't remember the exact syntax, but was sure it was editorcam something) and finally found it. Wow. Thanks again, Ben! :-)

Ahaha, forget that. This has been deprecated by NewDark, or is that usurped? Either way, that command isn't being recognized anymore. It's Alt-R for that function, to Return to Dromed where you were in the game now. Alt-E still works as previous though.
    Last edited by Hit Deity; 9th Feb 2020 at 19:23.