TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New T2 FM - "Defamation of Character" - 9 Jun 2018

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    Aemanyl dewdrop 100% in thief 2 fan missions only,as dewdrop was introduced in trail of blood om mission

i have pondered someone using dewdrop in thief 1/g for the reason to get back story on him,how he was made and by who/etc untill lilly got him before the mech attack the village,could be a deep story to learn how magic was infused in dewdrop/etc

but as of now only thief 2 should have dewdrop unless someone wants to tackle his backstory/creation story
    As a tester I was very pleased to see a new author put in a Dewdrop dolly in the mission. I don't understand why some Taffers call her a HIM. She's wearing a dress ( no gender insult intended of course). To me she is a SHE.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

gloria we went through this before lilly's ghost herself said "his name is dewdrop and he don't like mechs"

its not a dress but a old form of garb before pants excised

Man there's nothing better than the down to flood a topic with useless observations

Finished it just a while ago and I must say I really liked it!
    First of all you used almost no custom resources! Something that I always admired is the way authors can do new stuff with stock resources just by brushing what they're missing or thinking of new way of using these resources. This really shows in your FM, like these lances in the barrel in the mess room or these creepy lamps with fog!

However sadly that FM was way too linear. However some patrols were very interesting even if simple

+ Clever use of stock resources!
    + Great use of ambience, even if it's nothing groundbreaking the use of transition sounds is a good thing to hear
    + Very simple but interesting patrols
    + Great architecture: use of trim, good texturing, intriguing places such as the crayman infested sewers or the strange exposition in the Mechanist's church. Perfect.

- The readables aren't that interesting
    - Architecture is too cubic (however I understand how dreaded the roombrushing is when it's build in a more organic-way)
    - Too linear

I really hope you'll continue making FMs in the future!

Proliffia, congrats on the release!

I just finished it in 1Hr 8 min. We need more missions coming out so hope you'll release more.

egg

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    Proliffia I sent you a message at shalebridgecradle concerning the third secret. To be fair to the TTLG community the third secret was added at the last minute in the last beta. I'm not sure if the other beta testers Aemanyl, Cardia1, Gloria Creep, Greenie2600, Itllrun10s, marbleman, or nightshifter found the third secret, but I never saw it before giving my ok to release. Please keep this in mind.
    he-he))
    beginning of the road - the other side of the keeper asylum
    https://c.radikal.ru/c43/1806/06/82daad0f9cba.png
    Last edited by artycool; 13th Jun 2018 at 02:02.

Artycool I think that pic pretty much spoils it for everyone.

Yeah can we get spoler tags on that pic please?

Dayumm! That's gonna be one big-ass spoiler.

Mods?

good thing it wasent a pic of dewdrops location or that would have been instant ban :P

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Sorry, I didn't realize there was a picture in that post, as it didn't load for me and so all I saw was a link. In general, artycool, definitely put spoiler tags around anything related to secrets or hints. Furthermore, as an author myself, I would say you should have asked permission to even post at all about a secret so soon after the mission was released, as some authors are sensitive about keeping secrets (especially easter eggs) out of the mission thread for a while, preferring to reveal them when they are ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    To me she is a SHE.
    Is there a preferred pronoun for gender ambiguous toys in video games?
    Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    its not a dress but a old form of garb before pants excised
    Maybe there was an excise on his pants and Lilly couldn't afford it!

Just Finished this last night and really enjoyed it! That's a great start for a first FM Proliffia and look forward to more FM's from you I especially loved the little Cray Beast fella! Still didn't find that last secret though...

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Sorry, I didn't realize there was a picture in that post, as it didn't load for me and so all I saw was a link. In general, artycool, definitely put spoiler tags around anything related to secrets or hints. Furthermore, as an author myself, I would say you should have asked permission to even post at all about a secret so soon after the mission was released, as some authors are sensitive about keeping secrets (especially easter eggs) out of the mission thread for a while, preferring to reveal them when they are ready.
    Originally there was a picture but artycool must have changed it to a link and oddly put the link itself in spoiler tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    Maybe there was an excise on his pants and Lilly couldn't afford it!
    Or maybe the pants were excised, making them too big, and they fell off. Down they went.

This was great, not too easy and not too hard, great effort, well thought out everything. Usually I don't like the Mechanists theme but this was an exception, I even got some Deus Ex vibes, what with all the mechs and keycodes.

Defamation of Character

Proliffia, I loved this one. So good for a first mission, hope you do more!

Nice touch with the Vault code clue, a treat for real Thief fans!

I was late to the table with Fan missions (only realised they existed this January and had played OM's to death for years!) but it's so good to see new stuff like this coming out as well as the fab older fms!

First time I've posted so hope I've done ok with the spoiler tag!

That was a fun mission!!! Thanks!

I'm surprised the dancing zombie on the roof of the watch offices wasn't a secret

Proliffia,
    Thanks for this very nice mission. Great work.

Good mission.

I got the impression that you stuck solidly to your skill limit; the mission never wears out its welcome. It isn't ambitious, yet you've given it a unique signature.

It also contains the most well lit sewer I've ever seen in an FM

I have a feeling we will be seeing good things from you.

I have about 30 FMs installed right now, every one works except this one. I can get to the in game menu and click New Game, select difficulty and hit Start, see the mission objectives. From there when I click continue (on any difficulty) it loads for a few seconds then just exits to desktop. What should I be looking at to resolve this?

I have downloaded it from both sources just to make sure it wasn't a bad download somehow, made no difference.

Marmbo are you using the latest version of NewDark? The latest version is 1.25.

The latest version is now 1.26.

Note to mods: there haven't been any recent posts in the thread which is now on Page 2 so is easily missed. Imho it (or a link to it) should be near the top and obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    Thanks, Thief 2 V1.26 fixed it, now I can give it a try!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast