TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112

Thread: T1 MISSION : 'Lord Edmund Entertains' (11/12/1999)

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Sounds like convict.osm for T1 is missing. This a T1/TG mission, btw.

Sorry Unna and everyone else. My mistake. I'm trying to play it with T2. I searched for it and just assumed it was T2. I've got a TG installation and will play it there instead. Funny how it sort of worked in a patched T2. Usually, they just don't run at all for me. Humble thanks to you Unna for the heads up.

I should have realized things were not right when the game started and I was immediately splashed with a water arrow. I turned around and there were seemingly unlimited amounts of various arrows to be collected behind the starting gate. I just thought it was some glitch...

I just started it up in TG and it seems OK. Thanks again. And I do feel extra silly, since the title of this thread starts with T1 Mission... I am not normally this dense and unobservant. It must be the effects of the cocktails last night...
    Last edited by bjack; 11th Mar 2018 at 16:14.

as far as tweaking mission,that one thief 1 mission with 4 trials was never fixed ,i doubt anyone will do it

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    as far as tweaking mission,that one thief 1 mission with 4 trials was never fixed ,i doubt anyone will do it
    The mission with the 4 trials was fixed a long time ago with a dml by voodoo http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145374

what as the name of the mission? i forgot

Oblivion by WRichards.

ty i though so but was'ent sure going to retry it now,after all these years

sad to say this but the file dont work

.7z dont even show up on darkloader and when i tryed on fmsel it plays another mission from om

why cant the file be a normal folder?

guess i have to pass for another 10+ years till someone can figure out how to do file uniform like the rest of the people do
    Last edited by downwinder; 12th Mar 2018 at 18:48.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    sad to say this but the file dont work

.7z dont even show up on darkloader and when i tryed on fmsel it plays another mission from om

why cant the file be a normal folder?
    The dml works perfectly, but you need to install it correctly into your FMsel mission folder, it is a small file that works ONLY with FMsel not darkloader, I don't even think 7z or dml files existed when darkloader was originally released, and yes 7z is a normal file, just because you do not have any experience with them does not make them weird. But you will need to download a small programme to initially open up the 7z file, you can find it here

After that, here are some instructions as to how to install dml's.

IMPORTANT
    Both dml's and 'oldconvict.osm' must ONLY be used with FMsel or NewDarkloader and ONLY placed in the FMsel mission folder, if you place either in the mission zip or in your main thief folder you may well break your Thief game meaning you may have to completely re-install that game. Do NOT use them if playing via Darkloader YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Installing dml's
    dml's have made made by both Voodoo47 and Unna Oertdottir, however they have supplied them in different formats.
    Voodoo packages his dml's up in 7z files so you first need to extract the dml from the 7z file before you can use it.
    Unna has posted the dml code in the relevant missions thread, meaning you need to copy&paste the whole of that code and save it in notepad.
    To save it correctly, save the file name as: miss.xxx.mis.dml (where xxx is the number of the dml shown on the top line of the code) and Save as type: All Files.

Next simply pop the dml into your FMsel mission folder, that is usually found C:Games/Thief/FM's/mission name.

Finally you can not use old saves with dml's, so you will need to restart the mission from the beginning.
    Last edited by fortuni; 12th Mar 2018 at 19:26.

i will try thank you

and i failed,i was able to get it unpacked i think but it would not work in fmsel and did not even show up in darkloader

maybe one day with all the skills people claim to have on here they can simple take the folder and fix the one door in game,then keep it like 99% of how all thief fan missions are then i will try agian other wise those broken missions can stay broken in my mind
    Last edited by downwinder; 13th Mar 2018 at 00:35.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    dmls doesn't show up in any FM loader. dmls doesn't work with Darkloader, anyway. Use FMSel or NewDarkloader. It might be a good idea that dmls have some visual support in loaders in the future. So users can see it.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112