TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: T2 FM - Stronghold (June 2001)

getting out stronghold

Quote Originally Posted by rani View Post
    Found it! Thanks!
    (Can't understand why I couldn't see the exit for myself, though. But sometimes I'm looking desperately for the shoes that are on my very feet
    I have created a walkthrough for this FM as I've played but now I am at a loss at the end of the mission to get out.

I have looked all around this area and can see where the rocks are that I peered through earlier.

There is another area beyond this with ghosts but i'm stumped now

P L E A S E H E L P

Where exactly are you? What was the last thing you did?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Where exactly are you? What was the last thing you did?
    I am out of Stronghold after the 6 mech bots where there is a portcullis which cannot be opened. The doors in the picture are now open as i've exited them.

If I continue along through the tunnel (wooden) I come to a passage and at the end of the passage is a ghost and a lock pickable door.

Behind the door is a stone staircase and when I reach the top there is another ghost in a room with lots of banners.

There are no frob doors hidden switches and i've tried slashing all the banners ???

Thanks for the reply

The middle banner on the east wall should open when you bang on it with your sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    The middle banner on the east wall should open when you bang on it with your sword.
    Excellent Thank You very much, Duh took me ages and still couldn't find it.

Can you tell me what you think of my walk through so far please??

http://thief.wikia.com/wiki/User_tal...ugh_Stronghold

I'll be sure to mention you when it's finally completed.

I sent you a PM. Very nice walkthrough!

Just wanted to say...

This was my first "favorite" FM because of the falling snow, instead of rain

Since "Stronghold" all snow missions have been my favorites. Not so much the ice monsters that work like the tree beasts. But snow is fun

Just replayed this, mostly because I am currently playing several old missions where I have missing loot, now that I have TTLL and LazyTaffer to help me.

I had completely forgotten how wacky this mission is! Wacky in a good way, mind you.
    From the cozy hideout, the extremely annoying (and ultra skilled) Sundance Kid-esque ape artillery, to the Haunt-Mech brawls, to the insane load if equipment you have, to the two tree areas where it is oh-so-easy to slip and plunge to your death and finally the stronghold itself. Got a bit annoyed that there was a point of no return that messed with my loot hunting, but another replay solved that.

I have two loose ends I want to ask about:

Just before you ride down the big elevator platform to the entrance of the stronghold proper, there is a smaller elevator with a lockbox next to it, and a readable that says who you should see (someone I can't remember) for access. I could not pick this lock and the stronghold key does not work on it. Is there a key for this elevator somewhere? Is this elevator working, and if so, where does it lead?

My second loose end concerns loot. I have found 1105/1405 and I have figured out that 250 of the missing 300 is tied to five unfrobbable wine bottles (3 in the attic of Garrett's cabin and 2 in the stronghold servants' dining room.). The last 50 is tied to a flute that seems to be located very close to two other loot items (statuette and crystal) in the watery pit that has some pagan ghosts next to it. I can not find this flute on the bottom of that pit. I even tried to use the icon shrinking trick to see if it could be blind-frobbed from the bottom of the pit. No go. According to the Lazy Taffer coordinates, it looks to be located slightly lower than the two other loot items, so maybe it's too far embedded in the rock to be obtainable, or maybe it is also unfrobbable? Anyone that knows this?

Where do I find Shieldbreaker? I've looked everywhere, in the Mechanist area, the Hammer banner room, etc, but found nothing

going to replay will post if i find it

i found it,when you get passed the golden child in that area with lava,pass the double doors,they open with window key=not sure why,go to first door on left,then you in a hallway,then on right you will bash a door in with sword knock out guard sleeping in chair go in fireplace jump up on fire then on ladder,good luck
    Last edited by downwinder; 16th Jul 2017 at 23:24.

Found it, thanks!

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Here's a dml to fix the loot issues
    Code:
    DML1//Stronghold fixed loot without FrobInfo//miss17.mis.dml

+ObjProp 106 "FrobInfo"
    {
        "World Action" Move, Script
    }
    +ObjProp 107 "FrobInfo"
    {
        "World Action" Move, Script