TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 333 of 333 FirstFirst ... 83233283288293298303308313318323328329330331332333
Results 8,301 to 8,311 of 8311

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Niborius View Post
    That's amazing vfig. Good luck on the texturing and polishing part (that comes off as if I'm being sarcastic but I'm not ).
    That's okay, sarcasm would be quite appropriate anyway

Looks jorgeous! Especially the cross section. And I appreciate the bravery of using brushes at non 90 degrees angles!

OoooOOOooo I love fortresses. Looks like it's going to be very non-linear and fun vfig!

Niborius, very pretty room! I must rob the place!

I myself was getting my butt handed to me last weekend, by trying to make a spiral staircase that works without errors (no spanning poly and correct rotations) and also fitting of the real world counterpart; I had to make sure the stairs have the landings in the right place. By golly I did it. Now to decorate the facade, and add more windows into it.

I will do a side by side with the real la Mothe Chandeniers stair tower when it's done. The artwork in the stone will be different etc, I just mean the structure. That and I had to do wedge steps, instead of that nice round the real place has.

A beautiful staircase, gamophyte! Landings are very underused in Thief stairways.

gamophyte, superb castle, superb staircase (be sure to do a full level optimization after adding each spiral staircase.)

Wow that looks like a real headache! Great job!

This was yesterday, but I got annoyed at a staircase in my mission and decided to replace it with a gravshaft that works automatically based on whether the player is looking up, or down, or straight ahead:

And I recorded the whole process of understanding how gravshafts work and developing this custom version. If you're interested in how I use squirrel to develop custom scripts for my missions, maybe give it a watch. And you get to see how many times I make stupid mistakes along the way

Superb Vfig. Yeah I watched it, and I started thinking we learn in the same way/pace. I can't wait to see it with very pretty final effects and surrounding room with textures. I may implement something like this in one of the BD side places, but different enough to disconnect from yours.

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    I may implement something like this in one of the BD side places, but different enough to disconnect from yours.
    The script I have here isn't quite polished for use yet, although it seems pretty solid—so I'm not gonna distribute it formally just yet. But feel free to take it and use it, with or without changes! Here's the code as it was at the end of the stream.

I got very tired with Making a Profit's automap of all the work to export all the different layer combinations from photoshop—for 2 pages, 33 regions, and 5 languages—and then put them all through cutout and makerect. And my current fm is planned to have even more pages and even more regions, which would be a nightmare. So now I'm writing a script that'll output all the page and region image files and the .bin file for everything automatically, right from photoshop, with minimal administrative work needed.

It's still a work in progress, but here's it successfully spitting out all the images for Making a Profit's second page:

In which fanmissions there are auto-closing doors? Would be nice to write at least 10 titles.

Page 333 of 333 FirstFirst ... 83233283288293298303308313318323328329330331332333