TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Dromed level editor won't work with Thief 2 HD Mod 1.0

Dromed level editor won't work with Thief 2 HD Mod 1.0

Just to let everyone know so there's no surprise, if you have the Thief 2 HD Mod 1.0 enabled after installation, it won't work with opening up Dromed, it will just close without any error message, you'll have to go to the cam_mod.ini file and then put a semicolon in front of "mod_path usermods+hdmod+hdmod\t2skies+patches" to disable it. Next, delete the semicolon in front of "mod_path MyBowMod+.\TexturePack" to allow Dromed to access the original textures if you want to open it again. For some reason, the HD Mod is not supported for Dromed at this time, hopefully in the next update. It will be fully supported. I hope this helps for anyone having problems with opening up Dromed after installing the Thief 2 HD Mod. Thank you!

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    It's working fine in DromEd. HDMod 1.0 needs a lot of RAM, so enable LAA on DromEd.exe or just install this
    https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149404

How do I enable LAA on DromEd.exe? When I click on the LAA.cmd file It doesn't allow me to type in anything.
    Last edited by mcmike1489; 12th Dec 2018 at 05:33.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Use the mouse and draw DromEd.exe over enableLAA.exe

There's a patched version in the download.

You mean drag DromEd.exe over enableLAA.exe?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Yes.

Ok, I just did that and it was success. The only thing is, for some fan missions that I play, they won't open, Dromed closes without any error message. Maybe because there is a lot of data in the fan mission file or can't handle it on my PC?

ZylonBane
    Why in god's name would anyone want to do DromEd'ing with HD Mod enabled?

What’s wrong with that? It doesn’t affect the level editing, only the appearance of the textures and graphics.

ZylonBane
    1) Because it's horribly resource-intensive.
    2) Because levels shouldn't be designed and textured with an optional graphics mod enabled, especially one that makes such drastic aesthetic changes.
    9) Because HD Mod, ugh.

Oh ok, so you would recommend using DromEd only with the original textures from Tafferpatcher then.

Using Dromed with Gecko's texture pack instead of Thief 2 HD Mod textures

I just installed the HD Mod 1.0 for Thief 2 and everything works just fine except for Dromed. It just closes and crashes without any error message. The program seems to be having a hard time opening up any fan mission I want to edit because of the textures and graphics it uses for the game. Dromed only seems to work properly using Gecko's texture pack which is from Tafferpatcher. As long as I'm playing the game using the Thief 2 HD Mod 1.0 How do I be able to open up Dromed without trying to go to the cam_mod.ini file everytime just to switch from this:

;mod_path MyBowMod+.\TexturePack
    mod_path usermods+hdmod+hdmod\t2skies+patches

To this

mod_path MyBowMod+.\TexturePack
    ;mod_path usermods+hdmod+hdmod\t2skies+patches

This is a hassle to go through just to edit or create a band new fan mission from scratch!

ZylonBane
    Some fool already started a thread on this exact subject. Maybe you could learn from him.

https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149422

Sorry, guess I didn't make myself clear from the last thread I posted. Only when I open DromEd, if there is a way it can automatically disable the Thief 2 HD Mod textures during editing and use Gecko's texture pack without DromEd crashing and closing because it can't seem to handle the HD Mod textures showing in the 3D view. Otherwise, I have to open cam_mod.ini and disable the HD Mod textures everytime I open up DromEd. If you get what I mean.

Using NewDarkLoader or FMSel you can disable mods on an FM by FM basis.

Ok, cool! Thank you, that should help then. Sorry for making a duplicate thread from my original that I posted a few days ago. My last thread, I didn't quite explain my issue very well with better detail.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Doesn't matter, it would have been preferable to have just posted the new stuff in the same thread since it is related. I'll merge the threads.

Ok, no problem. At this time, since I can open up DromEd directly from the Thief 2 folder, I don't know which game file to edit that allows me to disable texture mods and just use the default textures instead when using DromEd, and still keep my Thief 2 game HD Mod enabled only when I'm playing the game. There's no option to be listed on there. I don't want to mess up my game because I'm guessing. I just want to get help from someone who knows how to do this correctly, that's all.
    Last edited by mcmike1489; 15th Dec 2018 at 23:54.