TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Need help with sound processing

Need help with sound processing

I have a sound that I use in my new mission. But he has some extra noise that kills the atmosphere. I would be happy if someone could help reduce the noise.
    Duration 7 seconds.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XI9...ew?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    I have a sound that I use in my new mission. But he has some extra noise that kills the atmosphere.:erg: I would be happy if someone could help reduce the noise.
    The sound is broken because of clipping... There are much more than few samples in a row crushed dramatically by 0dB, and it happen in every 0,2-0,3s. Of course there is the way, but first of all: Do You have a source sounds? I hear at least 3 in this example which has been mixed together.

Here you go: asdasd1

Clipping on the original sound is quite severe, to the point where the damage can't be completely erased without re-recording it.
    Lucky for you the sound is basicly just low to mid frequencies, so i was able to filter out the clipping sounds to some degree.
    It still has some crackling sounds in it, but i don't think player would notice them if there was enough of other sounds in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by gigagooga View Post
    Clipping on the original sound is quite severe, to the point where the damage can't be completely erased without re-recording it.
    Yes, but anyway it not sounds good as it is, and source sounds could help a little.

It still has some crackling sounds in it, but i don't think player would notice them if there was enough of other sounds in the background
    And from my part I do an OGG because of 2100 KB vs 88 KB ;)
    Also alternative version which Soul Tear may use in situation like "monster announcement". Very far ambience in caves, dungeons, tombs, ect.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1hho32rvx...ulTear.7z?dl=0

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Mat99 View Post
    Also alternative version which Soul Tear may use in situation like "monster announcement". Very far ambience in caves, dungeons, tombs, ect.
    It is also useful.